Muncie Book Club discussion

Book Club

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Proudfoot | 1 comments Hi Cheri,
I also live in Muncie and am interested in starting/joining a Book Club! Have you recruited others? Is the group in process?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments I'm Katie and am also really interested in being involved in a book club in Muncie! How many people are in this club?

message 3: by Aruna (new)

Aruna | 2 comments Hi! Has anything happened with this bookclub? I'd love to have an actual meet up to chat about books! If people are interested, let's pick a book and a date to hold a meeting :)

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan Bauer | 2 comments I was wondering if anything has happened with this as well. I just moved to Muncie for school and would love to have a book club to go to. :)

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Brockley | 2 comments I haven't heard from anyone on this group. I read with the Kennedy Branch Book Club which meets at the Kennedy Branch Library on the second Tuesday of the month from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Kathy Burton is the moderator and we will be reading American Dervish for the March meeting. The Kennedy Branch has bookmarks with the upcoming books. We select books for six months so we are starting to nominate titles for the second half of 2014. Usually we have. 6 to. 8 people at our discussions. You would be welcome.

The Muncie Public Library just started a book club called Books on Tap which meets at 6:30 until ? at Savage's downtown. The first meeting will be February 26, the fourth Thursday of the month. We will be discussing a memoir called Drinking with Men.

The first group generally tries to read popular literary fiction while the second group is probably still looking for its identity. You are welcome to join both groups and you can bring friends of you wish. There were 36 people at Savage's on the organizational night, I don't know how the library can run a group of that size.

If you have any questions, ask. Of course, the library would answer any questions you have too.

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan Bauer | 2 comments Alright, thanks! I'll probaly attend the kennedy one seeing as I live closer to that one and am not quite familiar with downtown yet, thank you!

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Brockley | 2 comments You're welcome. Happy reading.