Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Help! I Need An Intervention > My Sam Starrett Obsession

Comments Showing 1-50 of 323 (323 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4137 comments Mod
Yes, I am the fictional character, Sam Starrett's number one fan. I can talk about him nonstop.

I've met Sam Starrett one day, when I have started reading a book I've bought from the library called Gone Too Far by Suzanne Brockmann. If that book wasn't my first book by Suzanne, I wouldn't have gotten to know Mr. Starrett.

If I could have an Inkheart moment and read someone out of a book, it would be Sam Starrett. I have to give Mrs. Brockmann props for making Sam Starrett lively. She writes about other Navy Seals, but Sam stands taller than the rest of her men.

I love how Sam is a good bad boy. He's a mirror. Everything shows about him. When he's hurt, you see that. When he's happy, you see that. He's very compassionate.

Sam is real. He's not afraid of people seeing his flaws.

He's a teddy bear.

I can go on and on about Mr. Starrett.

I love that he's a family man. Yes, he's married to a wonderful woman Alyssa Locke and they have a daughter and son. Yes, I look at Haley as being both their daughter. Their son Ash, to me is a daddy's boy. I'm glad that they have a son. Sam needed a father and son relationship. He's own father hated him, but thank goodness, he had a father in his uncle Walter and he not only had a look alike cousin, but a best friend in Noah Gaines.

Sam! Sam! Sam! :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish *gasp* What do you mean, fictional???

message 3: by Arch (new)

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "*gasp* What do you mean, fictional???"

lol

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 95 comments Sam is also one of my favorite characters. I loved him the first time I read of him too. He is someone that I think alot of women would love to have in their lives.

Athough he can be Pompous, he id definately dedicated to what he thinks is right,a dn dedicated to what he knows he loves. He loved Allysa the first time he met her and was dedicated to getting her for years. He tried to make his first marriage work, though it was destined to fail. Is there a man out there that would be that dedicated to getting the woman that he wanted? I haven't met one.

message 5: by Arch (new)

Saaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm!

Okay, lol, let me stop.

message 6: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 74 comments I don't think there's a woman alive who's read SB's Troubleshooters series who hasn't fallen hard for Sam Starrett--he's Brockmann's masterpiece!:)

message 7: by Arch (new)

Auntee wrote: "I don't think there's a woman alive who's read SB's Troubleshooters series who hasn't fallen hard for Sam Starrett--he's Brockmann's masterpiece!:)"

Yes, Auntee. I agree, Sam is Suzanne's masterpiece.

I could read never ending stories about him. Good storyline though. Not what happen in Hot Pursuit. That wasn't my Sam.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9734 comments Mod
I have to agree with Auntee. We're all in love with Sam. :)

message 9: by Arch (new)

Alyssa will get you all. Not me! :)

message 10: by Arch (new)

Sam!

He's on my mind right now.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

LOL!

message 12: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "LOL!"

What can I say? He's my bad boy!

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I can't wait until you meet your real life Sam. Invite me to the wedding!

message 14: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I can't wait until you meet your real life Sam. Invite me to the wedding!"

Of course, you will be invited to the wedding.

message 15: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 74 comments Arch, just curious...is there any other character who comes close to Sam Starrett for you?

message 16: by Arch (new)

Auntee wrote: "Arch, just curious...is there any other character who comes close to Sam Starrett for you?"

No. I haven't came across one yet and I do like other heroes.

message 17: by Karen (last edited Feb 23, 2010 03:01PM) (new)

Karen (karmolina) | 7 comments Sam is definitely the best character in the whole Troubleshooter series...and that's saying something because there are so many great characters. I could read book after book of nothing but Sam, Alyssa, and Jules just hanging out...they don't really have to do anything for me to be entertained. lol

message 18: by Arch (last edited Feb 23, 2010 04:17PM) (new)

Karen wrote: "Sam is definitely the best character in the whole Troubleshooter series...and that's saying something because there are so many great characters. I could read book after book of nothing but Sam, Al..."

Yes, Karen, I don't care if Sam and Alyssa are on vacation. I'll read it.

message 19: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 74 comments I know what you mean.:)

message 20: by Arch (new)

Sam loves Mr and Mrs. with peanuts.

I do too. I like the Mr. and Mrs. with almonds too and I'll eat the plain Mr. and Mrs.

The yellow Peanut Mr. makes me think Sam. I love the commericals. I even have the yellow peanut Mr. as my icon in my AIM.

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I love peanut M&Ms.

message 22: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I love peanut M&Ms."

They are good.

message 23: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I have a secret crush on Yellow (shhh don't tell anyone!)

message 24: by Arch (new)

Pamela wrote: "I have a secret crush on Yellow (shhh don't tell anyone!)"

lol!

message 25: by Arch (new)

I wonder what kind of aprons Sam wears in his kitchen.

I like that he knows how to cook. I can see him teaching Ash how to cook one day,even while he's little. He'll have him in the kitchen, fixing breakfast for :)

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I love a man who cooks!

message 27: by Tracy (last edited Feb 26, 2010 05:44PM) (new)

Tracy (thebooktician) Just started Troubleshooters series and am only at book 3, but am in Love (with a big 'ol capital L) with Sam. I'm trying to get through them quickly so I can get to Gone too Soon - the entire reason for me starting the series.

I <3 Sam!! :)

message 28: by Arch (new)

Tracy wrote: "Just started Troubleshooters series and am only at book 3, but am in Love (with a big 'ol capital L) with Sam. I'm trying to get through them quickly so I can get to Gone to Soon - the entire reas..."

Yes, Sam is lovable.

message 29: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I love a man who cooks!"

Yes. That skill comes in handy.

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Enjoy the ride, Tracy!

message 31: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (thebooktician) Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Enjoy the ride, Tracy!"

Thanks! Actually come to think of it, I found out about Sam - I mean the book - from the Fans of Interracial Romance group, which you turned me on to. So I owe you an extra thanks - THANKS!

message 32: by Arch (new)

Tracy wrote: "Thanks! Actually come to think of it, I found out about Sam - I mean the book - from the Fans of Interracial Romance group, which you turned me on to. So I owe you an extra thanks - THANKS!"

Tracy, you've probably seen me on there talking about Sam like crazy. I tend to do that on whatever group that I am on.

message 33: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (thebooktician) Arch wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Thanks! Actually come to think of it, I found out about Sam - I mean the book - from the Fans of Interracial Romance group, which you turned me on to. So I owe you an extra thanks - T..."

Good thing there is enough Sam to go around.

I may just have to start calling my avatar "Sam". He's even got the dog tags. *bites knuckles *

I may have to tap your IR bookshelf for some good BWWM stories, my personal favorite. :)

message 34: by Arch (new)

Tracy wrote: "Good thing there is enough Sam to go around.

I may just have to start calling my avatar "Sam". He's even got the dog tags. *bites knuckles *

I may have to tap your IR bookshelf for some good BWWM stories, my personal favorite. :)"

You might want to tap Danielle's shelf, for bwwm stories. I don't really have that many bwwm books.

I am a big fan of Sam and people that knows that, can vouch that I am. They know, don't get me started on Sam.

He's my number one hero!

message 35: by Arch (new)

I'm glad that he goes by his nickname Sam. I can't picture him being a Roger, although Roger is his birth name. I can't even see him being called by any of his prior nicknames before Sam.

Sam fits Mr. Starrett perfectly.

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Tracy wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Enjoy the ride, Tracy!"

Thanks! Actually come to think of it, I found out about Sam - I mean the book - from the Fans of Interracial Romance group, which you ..."

You're very welcome, Tracy!

message 37: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 95 comments Karen wrote: "Sam is definitely the best character in the whole Troubleshooter series...and that's saying something because there are so many great characters. I could read book after book of nothing but Sam, Al..."

I think that Sam and Jules' relationship is hillarious. I love that Sam accepts Jules and isn't phobic or judgemental. Their conversations and teasing make me happy.

message 38: by Arch (last edited Feb 28, 2010 12:02PM) (new)

Wendy wrote:"I think that Sam and Jules' relationship is hillarious. I love that Sam accepts Jules and isn't phobic or judgemental. Their conversations and teasing make me happy."

I like Jules, but I just don't like to read scenes with him and another man.

I have to admit, that I hate that Jules had a crush on Sam and later gotten his own Sam. I understand that he was Alyssa's best friend, but they didn't both need a Sam.

Jules is a good guy and a good friend to both Sam and Alyssa.

I find Sam to be hillarious period, even with Alyssa.

message 39: by Holly (last edited Feb 28, 2010 04:58PM) (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 32 comments Ooooh, I'm thinking I need to check out this Sam! :)

message 40: by Arch (new)

Holly wrote: "Ooooh, I'm thinking I need to check out this Sam! :)"

Holly, I can be wrong, but I think you will fall in love with Sam too.

Some of Suzanne fans don't like Sam.

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

What??????? How could you not like Sam.

message 42: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "What??????? How could you not like Sam."

I know huh? But some people don't.

message 43: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I like Sam but I'm not in love with him :)
Don't hurt me, ladies :)

message 44: by Arch (new)

Pamela wrote: "I like Sam but I'm not in love with him :)
Don't hurt me, ladies :)"

I would never do that.

I'm okay with other ladies liking Sam.

message 45: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Pamela, I make a point of not allowing guys to become between me and my friendships with women. :)

message 46: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (thebooktician) I just finished reading Over the Edge and can't help but say OMG!! What a great, albeit heartbreaking, storyline with him and Alyssa. I now have a better appreciation (and love) for Sam which I am convinced will just continue to grow.

On to Out of Control!

message 47: by Arch (last edited Mar 05, 2010 02:19PM) (new)

Tracy wrote: "I just finished reading Over the Edge and can't help but say OMG!! What a great, albeit heartbreaking, storyline with him and Alyssa. I now have a better appreciation (and love) for..."

Sam is bad in this book. He's in love with Alyssa. Their story in this book is very touching.

message 48: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Oh, Tracy. Over the Edge just about killed me. :(

message 49: by Arch (new)

I wonder if I kidnapped Sam, if Alyssa would come after me.

message 50: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (thebooktician) Arch wrote: "I wonder if I kidnapped Sam, if Alyssa would come after me."

LOL. Only one way to find out. Need an accomplice?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7