Literary Fiction by People of Color discussion

This Sunday, "Orange Mint and Honey" becomes "Sins of the Mother"

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wilhelmina (last edited Feb 19, 2010 09:10PM) (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2049 comments Just a reminder that this is the Sunday (February 21) that Orange Mint and Honey, LFWC group member Carleen Brice's wonderful novel which we discussed here last April, will be shown on the Lifetime Movie Network as "Sins of the Mother", starring the great Jill Scott. It will air at 8PM EST and it has received great reviews everywhere from Entertainment Weekly to TV Guide.

If you are interested in finding out how a book is transformed into a film, read Carleen's essay at this site:

http://www.thedefendersonline.com/201...

message 2: by Rashida (new)

Rashida | 264 comments Here's an interesting wrinkle... Just went to try to set the recording on my DVR, and when I pulled up Sins of the Mother, the description is for a 1991 Lifetime movie that is about "The violent behavior of a serial rapist is tied to his relationship with a manipulative and demanding mother." It stars Mimi Kennedy and Talia Balsam. I hope that this error doesn't affect the number of people who turn to the program. I hope they fix it.

message 3: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2049 comments Good grief!

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 386 comments Rashida you can check your local listing at tvguide.com

message 5: by Hazel (new)

Hazel | 191 comments Let me know what you guys think of this. It'll be ages before we get it here, so I'd have to order the dvd.

message 6: by Rashida (new)

Rashida | 264 comments Rebecca, I'm sure that it's the Orange Mint and Honey movie. I've seen the promos and it's being played in the right time slots. But, that's the way the FIOS guide has it listed. So, I'm worried that the people who don't know what the movie is about, start channel surfing looking for something to fill their time, and click on that may miss the movie, because they're not getting the correct description.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan | 1 comments Hello all,

Thanks to Wilhelmina for inviting me.

I'm so excited I could burst.

message 8: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2049 comments Welcome, Susan!

message 9: by Hazel (new)

Hazel | 191 comments Hello, Susan. Such enthusiasm is always welcome!

message 10: by Wilhelmina (last edited Feb 22, 2010 03:17PM) (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2049 comments Congratulations to Carleen - "Sins of the Mother" is the second highest rated AND second most watched original movie in Lifetime Movie Network history!

message 11: by Hazel (new)

Hazel | 191 comments So what did you guys think of the movie?

message 12: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2049 comments I loved the movie. I thought that the movie was very faithful to the book and the acting was phenomenal. I'm picky about casting and I thought that the casting was great. It's available now on demand for those with Comcast, for those who don't, you can now view it on the LMN site at:
http://www.mylifetime.com/watch-full-....

The movie was extremely popular - the second highest rated original Lifetime movie ever! Here's a link about the success of the movie:
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/22/...

Big congratulations to our group member Carleen!

Literary Fiction by People of Color

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Orange Mint and Honey (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carleen Brice (other topics)