TV We've Just Watched discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. I can't wait for it to come back and looks like they announced today that there is going to be a three hour show the first night it comes back. I guess I am into comics and super-heroes so maybe that is why I like it so much. But I think the stories are great!

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) | 126 comments I've heard it's really good, I'll have to check it out over summer vacation.

message 3: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments It's taking FOREVER to come back on! I want to see Sylar back to being nuts again after shooting up in the alley last season. LOL

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 5 comments This show is AWESOME!!! Who's your favorite character?

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie OOOHHHH HARD question... let me think....I guess that Peter is my favorite. I like his powers, the Sylar's powers are pretty creepy. Next season is called Villains... I can't wait for it!

message 6: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments peter and hiro are my favorite characters! i would definetly take peters powers! awesome!

did anyone see the new advertisements for hero's next season......?????? peter and nathan petrelli's mom is over sylar who is on a hospital gurney with stuff hooked up to him, and she says to him you need to be strong for whats to come!!!!

oh i am so excited to see more about who she really is and what she has been up to. can't wait for the show to start!!!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

hiro is my fav. character.

message 8: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments Claire (Hayden Pantierre) is my favorite character. Love her!

message 9: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments is any one else super excited for the new season! i was re-watching the 2nd season and i can hardly wait for the third! for the villains to show themselves! i really really really want to know what peter and nathans mother can do? and who is their father?! i really don't think he is dead!!!!!

message 10: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments I can't wait until the new season. So many unresolved storylines. Did Nikki die in the explosion? What will Syler do now that he has his powers back? Will Maya kill him for killing her twin? Is Nathan REALLY dead?

message 11: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments When's the new season start again?

message 12: by Angie (new)

Angie Sept 22nd. And I can't wait. This is one of the only shows I watch live. I usually Tivo everything, but I can't even wait at all to watch.

message 13: by Angie (new)

Angie Anyone watch tonight's show?

message 14: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments I did. I'm ehh about it right now but let's see what others think/

message 15: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Uggg...sometimes the turns in this show make my head hurt. We didn't get to watch the recap so were feeling a bit lost. Is it just me or does it seem like almost everyone is switching teams?

message 16: by Angie (new)

Angie I really liked it. They finally explained Peter's mom's ability. Which we had been waiting forever for. And the twist with Sylar and Peter's mom! I think that maybe there will be a lot of switching sides this season.. they will be "villains". Oh and another thing they finally revealed was how Sylar gets powers. Spoiler: we now know he thinks eating brains is gross!

message 17: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I thought that was hysterical when Claire asked if he was going to eat her brain!

message 18: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments PS - totally freaked by her laying there chatting with him while he did it! What exactly did he do, anyway? He was poking around then suddenly says "Got it!"

message 19: by Angie (new)

Angie Yea the whole chatting this was crazy to me too! Not even screaming or anything... just all calm chatting away. I am not sure what he did exactly. I wonder if he can manipulate his own brain like he can watch and change his brain around to learn what the hero does?

message 20: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments Sylar is a "fixer" so I guess since he can tinker with anything and make it work, he was pretty much trying to absorb her power by "tinkering" with it. He doesn't eat the brains (claire, that is disgusting) but he picks through it..literally.

I was totally confused. I need to watch those 2 episodes again because I just felt like everything was all over the place.

message 21: by Liz (new)

Liz (busy91) OMG this show has gotten so dense with events. I had to explain it to my mother, after me and my son figured out what the heck was going on. One thing for sure, it holds your interest. One of the best shows to come out in a long time.

message 22: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments It is like 5 shows in 1. They could totaly make an episode out of just following 1 or 2 character's story lines but noooooooo....they follow about 5, never really giving you time to think. It is amazingly complex but some times I wish they would focus a little better so you don't have to think SO hard and can enjoy a little more.

message 23: by Faith (last edited Sep 30, 2008 11:35PM) (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments i loved it! but i also felt WAY overwhelmed! it was SO much to digest! so MUCH happened! i am currently watching them over again! i think i will need to watch them again after 2 or 3 more shows....so i can piece together everything! it's so much fun! i love the confusion because there is a solution!

i loved! and i mean loved! finally finding out about andrea petrelli and bob! it drove me crazy about not knowing their abilities!!! and andrea petrelli wow she is a bitch! and so good at it! i must say i love hating her! she is really good at what she does! and now knowing her ability i can understand more of why she is such a bitch! i would HATE to be able to see the future! it would be so hard to trust people! but did you notice how all the futures she wants to happen ie....nathan becoming president N.Y. blows up and nathan telling the world his secret all involve the "normal" humans hunting down the people with abilities and either controlling or imprisoning them or hunting them down or all three. weird?

and how weirdly she is responding to the future peter! in the alternate future when the disease gets out and kills almost everyone she was very kind and patient with the past peter but in this future peter she is very mean and hostile! it's weird! she keeps telling the future peter to go back and asking where her "son" is. although really they both are!

and how about sylar being her son! what the heck!?

i can't wait to meet the father petrelli! notice how we never know what his power was or should i say is....because there are no pictures of him even the one they have he is blurred and you can not tell "who" he is! which makes me think he is alive and we have already met him.

and claire! well the future claire before she tried to kill the future peter said she was "special", with such malice. i thought it was her anger at what was going on but after the sylar thing i realized she isn't special because of her ability but for some reason yet unknown.

cool! is all i have to say! i love this show!

message 24: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Maybe she "special" not only because of her ability but because she now feels no pain. Sylar killed her nerve endings or something.

message 25: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments WTH power is Andrea Petrelli's again?

And I thought Linderman was out for the count?! He got punched thru the head!

message 26: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments Roxy, I think that's what happened. He took out her nerve endings. No pain, no death. I'd be freaking people out. LOL

message 27: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments I don't get why Mohinder had to be super Mohinder and why Niki is pretending she is completely someone else. And where the hell is Micah and his cousin? I hope tonight's won't be so crazy and all over the place.

WTF is Angela Petrelli's power, please somebody let me know?

message 28: by Holli (new)

Holli I had heard Micah and his cousin aren't a part of the show anymore.....but that could just be idle gossip I read somewhere. Yeah what was up with Mohinder being super Mohinder and then his skin peeling off? Weird...and he and Maya having sex and all that.....weird in this show I thought.

I'm totally confused by the Niki storyline.....

message 29: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 52 comments Micah was on last night.

Tracey is NOT Nikki. Nikki died at the end of last season. Tracey and Nikki *might* be twins. She met her "creator" at the end of the last episode.

message 30: by Holli (new)

Holli Thanks Vicki!! I did see Micah on there last night...it must be his cousin that isn't returning. I know I read about the two of them somewhere. So did Nikki/Jessica both die then? I really am confused about all of that and I know there was talk on TVGuide.com about her storyline this summer. I'll go back and read that

message 31: by Angie (new)

Angie I kinda thought that she was not Nikki when she froze that reporter into pieces. That is when I started thinking it wasn't the same person. I don't think Micah will be on much more this season though, unless Tracy adopts him or something.

Ranata, I think her power is seeing into the future. Like when she was in the limo and was visualizing the future. And then she told Peter (from the future) that the future was changed since he came back into the past. And the end of the show was crazy when Claire appeared and shot at Peter!

I like how the show jumps from each character. It gives me so much to think about!

message 32: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Angela P dreams the future. Whats her deal? Good guy or bad guy?

Nikki and Tracy were born on the same day to the same doctor, their "creator". Something tells me that there may end up being more then just the two of them.....like Dr. Zimmerman made a whole fleet of them. Perhaps they were test tube babies.
Oh, and Holli, Jessica & Nikki were the same physical person, just two different personalities.

message 33: by Angie (new)

Angie I thought Jessica was Nikki' sister who passed away and then somehow Nikki picked her personality up. Right? So there are triplets.

message 34: by Holli (last edited Sep 30, 2008 11:13AM) (new)

Holli As far as I know....Jessica had a split personality and her other personality was Nikki. Nikki was like the evil side of Jessica. I knew all that. Now all of a sudden they throw this Tracy in the mix!! WTF?? LOL

I do remember reading something this summer about this storyline and how Nikki/Jessica wasn't who we thought she was (a single person with a plit personality)so I'm going to have to say that you may be onto something there Angie. :)

message 35: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 24 comments Last night's show made my brain hurt. I love this show but it better not turn into a LOST mind fu_ _!!!

The whole past/future thing is a killer. I almost had to get out my giant dry erase board and map the sh!t out!

message 36: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments I am totally confused in general, Holli. WTF is going on with this season??

message 37: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments I thought Jessica was the evil side of Nikki? Jessica was in the first season and second for a fact, I know.

message 38: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments LOL! Nicole..I so agree. Matt's storyline made me nuts, WTF @ Nikki/Tracey, WTFF @ Noah (HRG) and Sylar being "partners" and WTF was wrong with Claire's wig???

For the whole hour this was me: ?????????

message 39: by K (new)

K I think its getting a little too complicated. Why do they keep introducing new characters when they don't seem done with the oldies.

message 40: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments exactly. and not only are they introducing new characters (WTF is the point of that speedster girl??), they are completely using old characters like they are new (Nikki/Tracey). it's getting way too nutty!

message 41: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments no i am pretty sure that jessica was nikki's twin sister, she died when they were 12 or something. i remember a grave for jessica. i will have to scan first season to see. but the duo personalites i think came about because of nikki not wanting to deal with what really happened to here as a child and what really happened to her sister.

and i am thinking clone. with tracy.

is it angela or andrea! i didn't know her first name until last episode and i heard andrea but angela is pretty close.....anyone know for sure?

no i am pretty sure claire is not special that she can't feel anything because the future claire says she is special with such malice and sarcasm that you know it has meaning and that claire could still feel when she was hurt.

message 42: by Holli (new)

Holli Ranata....I may have the names backwards with the Nikki/Jessica thing. I don't remember now which was good and which was bad. LOL I'm thoroughly confused about that!!

Faith....I have never heard anything about her twin dying and her not being able to deal with that. I must have missed that somewhere along the line which is totally possible. I think Tracy is a clone too! Its Angela Petrelli for her name.

message 43: by Holli (new)

Holli To try to clear this question up some I found this online about Nikki/Jessica~~~~~~

Nicole "Niki" Sanders is a fictional character portrayed by Ali Larter in the television series Heroes. Niki is the wife of D.L. Hawkins (Leonard Roberts) and mother of Micah Sanders (Noah Gray-Cabey). Niki, a sufferer of Dissociative Identity Disorder, displays superhuman strength, being able to literally rip others in half. Initially, she is only able to access this power when her alter ego "Jessica" is in control.

Tim Kring, the creator of the show, stated that he originally created Niki with the power to be in two places at once, which stems from her life as a single mother.[2:] Niki was also originally written to be a showgirl. However, Ali Larter did not have the proper physique to portray a showgirl, so the character's profession was changed to internet stripper.[3:]

Niki grew up with a wealthy father named Hal Sanders. An abusive alcoholic, Hal would often beat Niki and her sister, Jessica, during his drunken rages. Eventually, Hal choked Jessica to death and abandoned his remaining daughter. As an adult, Niki had no memory of her father's actions and simply believed he ran out on her. At some point in her life, Niki herself became an alcoholic and a problem gambler, but she managed to overcome her problems. On her first anniversary of sobriety, Niki attended an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. There, she was reunited with her father, Hal, who wanted to make amends. Niki introduced Hal to her husband, D.L., and her son, Micah. Hal gave the boy a computer, but when he became angry at his grandson for taking the expensive gift apart, Niki demanded that he leave. After her father's departure, Jessica, ruthless and amoral, seized control and went to confront him. Jessica told her father that she remembers everything he did to her, including his responsibility in "[her:] death," even though Niki does not remember any of it. After assaulting him, she forced the check Hal gave Niki into his mouth and ordered him never to contact her again.[4:]

During times of stress, Niki begins seeing her reflection in mirrors and other reflective surfaces moving differently than herself, leading her to be concerned about her sanity. After Linderman sends two thugs to her house to collect the money she owed him, an altercation occurs, with Niki apparently blacking out after being hit by one of the thugs. When Niki recovers consciousness some time later, she is shocked to find the two thugs dead and horribly mutilated.[7:] Niki has other blackout spells over the following days, one time losing four hours, always with no recollection of what has transpired. Niki eventually realizes that she possesses a split personality named Jessica, the other being far more sinister and amoral than her usual self, and which possesses superhuman strength.

The third volume introduces a character named Tracy Strauss, who mysteriously looks exactly like Niki. Tracy is introduced as an advisor to New York Governor Robert Malden. Malden watches Nathan Petrelli's "divine intervention" speech on television and tells Tracy that he think he found "our guy", who he considers appointing as senator for New York. Tracy is preparing to leave for Odessa, Texas, when she is questioned by a reporter who shows her an advertisement for Niki's website. She denies any knowledge of Niki.

Once in Odessa, Tracy proposes the senate seat to Nathan. Nathan mistakes her for Niki Sanders, due to the physical resemblance. Confused, Tracy leaves after giving Nathan her cell phone number. Nathan later accepts the senate seat on the condition that Tracy be on his team, which she accepts. Returning from her trip, the reporter from Washington D.C. questions her again. This time, he comes with a DVD of Jessica having sex with Nathan at the Corinthian. Once again, she denies that that is her and claims that Niki is a simply different person who resembles her. After furthur prodding by the reporter, she becomes angry enough that she accidentally kills the reporter by freezing him solid.

Later, she tracks Niki to New Orleans where she discovers Niki's casket at the visitation. After seeing Niki laying in the casket, Tracy is startled that she appears nearly identical to Niki. While at the viewing, Tracy sees Micah, who at first mistakes her for his mother. Micah tells Tracy about Niki, including her super strength and his power to talk to machines. Using his ability, he attempts to find out about any connection between Tracy and Niki. He discovers both were born on the same day and delivered by the same doctor, Dr. Zimmerman.

Tracy goes to Zimmerman's home, and at first he calls her "Barbara", but she corrects him and he says that she's the one from Beverly Hills. After asking if he knows her, he replies, "Know you? I created you."

Niki's body contains "alternate" personalities. During the first and second season, the ability of superhuman strength is shown when she pulls out the door of a safe box with her bare hands,[11:] throws her husband several feet across a small area with a single hit, breaks away from restraining cuffs that are "strong enough to hold down an elephant", and literally tear her opponents apart. She also displays signs of increased physical durability, being able to endure a blow from a shovel in "Fallout", only to stand back up again relatively unharmed, as well as able to endure the stress inflicted upon her body by her own strength (she does not, for example, injure her hand when punching through a solid wooden door). The ability is originally only used by her alter-ego, Jessica. In "How to Stop an Exploding Man", however, Niki is able to fully use her super-strength after some encouragement from Jessica.

Jessica is an apparent of Niki's, named after Niki's late sister. At the start of the series, Jessica surfaces during times of great stress,[12:] but surfaces with increasing ease as the series moves on. When Jessica surfaces, the transformation is instantaneous and almost unnoticeable, but is made apparent by Niki's sudden violent and strong-willed behavior. Jessica also freely demonstrates the superhuman strength Niki has only recently unlocked. She also gains a peculiar tattoo resembling an RNA helix on her right shoulder, a symbol which has appeared often throughout the Heroes series.

Jessica seems to have been aware that she is sharing Niki's body for longer than Niki realizes, leaving notes, gifts, and instructions for Niki, and telling a thug not to "threaten our son." Niki becomes aware of Jessica with the aid of reflective surfaces such as mirrors, and begins communicating with her. Jessica's ability to surface seems to increase over time, as Jessica is able to actively surface more often and more easily than she does in early episodes. The blackout effect on Niki also seems to lessen over time; the two personalities often directly fight each other for control and seem aware of what is said even when they are not active.

It is revealed in "Four Months Ago..." that Jessica is not Niki's only personality. A third personality emerges: Gina, a pseudonym Niki assumed when she ran away to L.A. when she was younger.

message 44: by Angie (new)

Angie Ok so they are triplets. I like how heroes introduces new characters myself. Like the speedster. Though I agree I don't know what is going on with Matt.

message 45: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments so jessica was her sister that was killed by the alcoholic father! but in actuality it does not say if she was a twin and in reality i am pretty sure i assumed that she was a twin because of the whole jessiaca/nikki thing.

does anyone think that nikki is really dead?

message 46: by Angie (new)

Angie OH.. you are right,.... they might not be twins maybe just changed personalities. I do think Nikki is dead... I think they wanted to end that story line.

message 47: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments No, Faith, you are right. Nikki did have a twin named Jessica. Her other half turned into Jessica and that's when she went she went crazy strong killer chick.

message 48: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 55 comments Okay Holli I knew all of this from watching the show. It now makes sense about Tracey maybe being a clone or a triplet.

message 49: by K (new)

K SO.CONVOLUTED.

message 50: by Holli (new)

Holli Sorry Ranata...I knew it was alot of info that we would already know but I wanted to get as much info as I could on that storyline. It did clear alot up for me too about the whole clone thing and Tracy. :)

« previous 1 3