The Bronze Horseman discussion

The Books > Tatiana's Table (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ChristinaRae (new)

ChristinaRae | 163 comments Mod
Just when I thought I was done crying over this couple!
I thought the little stories between the recipes were just side stories related to T's history, but many are poignant sketches of their life together. THEN the book ends with more narrative about Anthony and Vikki, A & T's 50th (bittersweet) wedding anniversary, and an alternate ending, if you can believe that. When I'm done crying, I might make the lazy cabbage. Or maybe I'll just have that glass of wine I've been needing since reading this series!

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 637 comments ChristinaRae wrote: "Just when I thought I was done crying over this couple!
I thought the little stories between the recipes were just side stories related to T's history, but many are poignant sketches of their li..."

Okay I am going to get this one. Hopefully my library will have it.

message 3: by Lady (new)

Lady England | 39 comments What is this book called?
Is it a cook book?

I can't stop reading. I'm re-reading TSG over again.

message 4: by Mara (new)

Mara | 19 comments The alternate ending was heart-wrenching! sooo good.

Preacher cookies are sooo addicting.

message 5: by Mishelle (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) Great, another book for me to order... Lol.

message 6: by ChristinaRae (last edited Feb 24, 2010 08:26PM) (new)

The book is called Tatiana's Table. It's a cookbook with short stories related to A & T.

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane (LadyDi4476) | 107 comments Where did you guys order it from? I need to have it to complete the trilogy!

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane (LadyDi4476) | 107 comments Nevermind...I ordered it from Amazon and it was shipped this morning. Yay!

message 9: by Lady (new)

Lady England | 39 comments I ordered my used copy from Amazon last week. Still waiting for it. I'm not starting another book until after I receive this one. Can't wait.

message 10: by ChristinaRae (new)

I made the plantains and rum for my husband's birthday. Apparently there is a significant difference between ripe and unripe plantains (ooops). I have never tried to flambe anything before; the flames were HIGH!

message 11: by Carly (new)

Carly | 47 comments I just got this book a few days ago - and stayed up all night reading all the anecdotes! I just love it. I really want to try the crusty white bread recipe, but have never made my own bread before. I'm a little intimidated. Also, the lazy cabbage. I've never eaten cabbage before and my mom hates it. But I want to try it anyway.

message 12: by Milena (last edited Dec 02, 2010 05:00PM) (new)

Milena (love_tea78) | 157 comments I am so excited. I found not expensive used copy of Tatiana's Table on Amazon and ordered it. Can't wait to read this book and maybe try some of the recipes.

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy | 5 comments I just went to Amazon to order it and the cheapest book is $113! Is there a less expensive way to order it? Thanks!

message 14: by Linda (new)

Linda C | 30 comments Keep searching. I found it on an Australian website. Wasn't cheap, but was under $50 even with the shipping and conversion from US dollars to Australian dollars. I also have bought things on Amazon.UK that I couldn't get in the US.

Maybe with the trilogy being re-released here, the cookbook will become more available as well.

message 15: by Milena (last edited Dec 02, 2010 05:03PM) (new)

Milena (love_tea78) | 157 comments I think I've just been lucky. I have been checking on Amazon constantly and they didn't have any cheap copies. But about a week ago I looked and they had few used copies for about $8 and $10. I am glad I ordered mine at that time. Can't believe they are going for $113 now. Just keep checking Amazon Marketplace, I am sure eventualy they will have more cheap copies. Another website I have seen this book at is www.bookcloseouts.com, but they don't always have it.

message 16: by Viola (new)

Viola | 58 comments You can get it on Amazon UK for $38.00. That includes the book and shipping.

message 17: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 637 comments I'm reading this as my wonderful Goodread friend Tina has sent it to me :)

In TSG Did Tatiana ever mention Edward Ludlow to Alexander? In TT They talk about a what if senario. I thought she never told Alexander about him. BUT he seems well informed.

message 18: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments Kelly wrote: "I'm reading this as my wonderful Goodread friend Tina has sent it to me :)

In TSG Did Tatiana ever mention Edward Ludlow to Alexander? In TT They talk about a what if senario. I thought she neve..."

Kelly, I am so glad you are enjoying TT.

I think Tatiana does say something to Alexander..It seems to me Alexander gets jealous one time when she was wearing lipstick and her "New York" clothes, and Edward and Vicki's name are brought up. Am I making this up? I don't have my book to look it up.

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 183 comments Tatiana definately told Alexander about Edward - I don't think she went into specifics but he worked it out. Edwards referred to a few times, I think when they first get to America and also in a fight.

message 20: by Moni (new)

Moni | 79 comments Haven't read it in a while but doesn't he meet him also when they first return? And yes Tina and Jessica are correct. Edward is brought up many many times.

message 21: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments I don't think Alexander ever meets Edward. TSG starts out when they are in Maine.

message 22: by Moni (new)

Moni | 79 comments Tina wrote: "I don't think Alexander ever meets Edward. TSG starts out when they are in Maine."
Yes they did meet. They met at the hospital. Not long after Alexander and Tania get back tot he states. In my book pg.617 of Tatiana and Alexander, Edward and Alexander shake hands!! I don't think Tania ever really tells Alexander everything about Edward like how close they got. BUt I think Alexander knew cause he asks her on the bus, "Would he have been your local liege

message 23: by Tina (last edited Jun 05, 2011 02:05PM) (new)

Tina | 231 comments My 'Tatiana and Alexander' book only has 559 pages and it ends when Alexander and Tatiana are in Berlin and Alexander is being released by the American Consulate. They never go to the States or to a hospital and Alexander and Edward never meet. (Weird) We must have 2 different copies of the book. ???

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 183 comments Yes there are two different versions - 'tatiana and alexander' and 'the bridge to holy cross'. TBTHC has a few more chapters in it, though essentially they're the same book.

message 25: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 637 comments Moni wrote: "Tina wrote: "I don't think Alexander ever meets Edward. TSG starts out when they are in Maine."
Yes they did meet. They met at the hospital. Not long after Alexander and Tania get back tot he state..."

Do you have The Bridge to Holy Cross? That one ends with them in America. Tatiana and Alexander ends differently!

message 26: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments I have never read TBTHC. I should get it just to see what the differences are.

message 27: by Hildy (new)

Hildy (hildygirl) It may also depend on where you live. I've read two different versions of Tatiana and Alexander. One, I got from the library and it is the longer version with the epilogue (it was exactly the same as TBTHC). The one I bought from the bookstore last summer, is the shorter version without the epilogue. Both have the same title. I live in Canada.

message 28: by Moni (new)

Moni | 79 comments I bought mine on Amazon..lol.. I believe it is a London addition. I think Peg is correct in saying it may depend on where you live or get your book from. My book is Tatiana & Alexander not the Bridge to Holy Cross and it ends with them in America.

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 15 comments I finally broke down & ordered Tatiana's Table from an Australian website... can't wait to get it in!

message 30: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (mimiso) | 17 comments Tatiana's table at amazon was $80!! Too much!, so I got mine at abesbooks online for $30! Also crazy and it's very small and a paperback! But great stories! And I can't give them up! I keep retreading the parts I like!

message 31: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (iheartgoodreads) | 54 comments I loved the little alternate ending!!

message 32: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 18 comments I was looking to purchase this book and went on Amazon to check at prices and they are going for like 100 - 800 dollars! Its must be pretty damn rare to go for $800!!

message 33: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (iheartgoodreads) | 54 comments I think I got mine for $20

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 15 comments Morgan wrote: "I was looking to purchase this book and went on Amazon to check at prices and they are going for like 100 - 800 dollars! Its must be pretty damn rare to go for $800!!"

It's available at fishpond for $20.45. I paid $26.99 when I ordered mine in August, with the US shipping, my total was $42.54.

Here's the link.... Tatiana's Table