This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I love hate

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (last edited Feb 19, 2010 05:43PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments My daughter* is a new reader and she's super excited about it. She looks over my shoulder when I'm on the computer and says "I...love...hate? Mama! You love hate?!?!"

What can I say? I do.

*until you lazy fuckers start some threads you're going to continue to hear about my children.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, my students have asked me about that, too. I say that it's just a joke and then hit apple-Q. (We use Macs, natch.)

Servius  Heiner I can't think of anything I want to hate more then your children so I will continue to be silent...

unless I am responding to something.

Ok so I just won't start any new threads for a long time.

message 4: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Wait. You want to hear about my kids? Who are you?

Servius  Heiner If it increases my hate for them sure, blubber on about them all day long.

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments No no. You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to come up with discussions that amuse me. Not the other way around.

message 7: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Gretchen wrote: "No no. You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to come up with discussions that amuse me. Not the other way around."

Gretchen, I don’t know why you keep begging for new threads. I think it’s obvious what’s going on here. We’ve hated on everything. Left no stone unturned. And now our work here is done. It’s beautiful, really. Take care, guys. I’m off to write my memoirs (my work being done and all).

message 8: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Because I'm BORED! That's why.

Servius  Heiner I am actually too busy to conjure up any meaningful hate at the moment. Maybe in a week or so. I've been bottling it all up, staying focused on the tasks at hand. So I predict in the not so distant future a torrent of hate that would make the mourning son blush.

message 10: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Oh, no Rusty, get your ass back here. There's plenty left to hate on, or if you're fresh out of hate for real. I guess you can go ahead and start loving on stuff. I'll suffer through it I guess.

message 11: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Gretchen, maybe we should start actively recruiting or something. Bring some new blood in, shake things up. Something...

I've been busy'ish lately, but I'm still around, popping in now and then. You won't get rid of me that easy.

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Well let's have some more popping then, please! Especially with that creepy new avatar.

message 13: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Yeah, I think the lipstick marks on my avatar's head do it (the creepiness).

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I can't stop looking at it.

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 23, 2010 01:17PM) (new)

I hate:

-leaving my phone at home and not knowing if I'm getting any calls or text messages.
-how morning recess was cut!! MOTHERCUSSERS!!!
-how drinking gives me a headache (only two beers!)
-doing dishes (always.)
-how I kept checking my laundry room to catch my dryer load when it was done, but then I missed it, anyway, and my neighbor pulled out my clothes and stacked my underwear and folded some sweaters!! NO! Just lump it in a pile, really.
-how my students are dicks to each other much of the time.
-being disorganized.

message 16: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I hate when I forget my laundry too. No one else touches it but it winds up all wrinkled and then I have to wash it again.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

And I hate how my cousin said "no presents!" for her birthday dinner tonight, but my family is totally going to give her presents, I know it! So....what do I do?

message 18: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Donate money in her name to an organization you know she would support.

Or to one that you know she would not support.

Or give fake money to a fake charity... i posted a link to a website where you could do that, around giftmas time.