We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Your 2010 Reading Logs > Keeping Track of Your Books

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Feb 19, 2010 01:29PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments This is the place where you can create your own thread and keep track of your books. You can use your thread in any way you want to - just keep tracks of books you've read or you can even post links to all the challenges you're participating in for easy reference. This is being done on other groups and it really has helped me keep track of the books I've read.

I'm going to do mine on a monthly basis.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Great idea, D. :)

message 3: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Thanks - I know there are many of us in the same boat. When I first joined Goodreads I would sign up for every challenge under the sun then forget what group they were in or which books I had read. Hopefully this will be useful to others.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

This is a great idea...I will like keeping track of what I have read in print rather than in my head!

message 5: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Thank you, I'm happy to see others taking advantage of it.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I have enough to keep track of my this brain of mine! hahahaha

message 7: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I love this idea too!

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I really appreciate everyone's reading journals. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm too lazy. I figure doing reviews and posting on my blog is a lot of work already. :)

message 9: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 338 comments I bought a small address book and separate the authors by last name, so when I go to the store I see what I already have. Being on Goodreads is the first time I've ever memorialized what I've read - although I've been thinking I should do it since I was in high school, 30 odd years ago.

message 10: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments the address book is a good idea...

message 11: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Wow, excellent idea, Carolyn. I have my "already own" in a 8 page Word document that I print out and take with me. LOLOL I like your idea better.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments That is an awesome idea, Carolyn!

message 13: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I export mine out of goodreads into excel, that way I can sort the list the way i want to and just print my to buy list.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Good idea, Bekah!

message 15: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Bekah wrote: "I export mine out of goodreads into excel, that way I can sort the list the way i want to and just print my to buy list."

I've tried to do that and I end up with weird spaces and stuff. What am I doing wrong?

message 16: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments hmm..I don't know.. usually mine isn't always perfect, so i do some rearranging and deleting. I'm not sure how I can help you, but I'd love to in any way I can.

message 17: by E. (new)

E. R. (dilawrosas) | 507 comments I also made an Excel list of all the books that I've read, including info. if I owned the book or not.

Great ideas for keeping track, everyone!

message 18: by Tanith (new)

Tanith | 50 comments years ago I started to put the books ive read/owned onto a spreadsheet. But I never updated regularly and it got out of hand.

Im now trying to just update everything on goodreads, but being lazy I dont know how sucessful it wil be
:(

message 19: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Jun 27, 2010 09:16AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments The beauty of Goodreads, or one of them anyway, is that you can shelf things as you add them. Then, every so often I go in and look at the books on 1 shelf and reorganize them so they better fit.

message 20: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments I keep two lists in Word . . .one for books/series that I have, the other for books that I need to add to a series.

I've highlighted each book on "to buy" list with colors for each month of release dates. That way I know automatically each month what is being released without having to search the list.

I update each of them once a week.

message 21: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Mandy, have you checked out fictfact.com ? It's a wonderful free place to keep track of books. You list the series you read, mark the books you've read and the next in the series will always be listed until you mark it read. Then, when a new book is about to come out, they email you a couple days ahead of time.

I love it!

message 22: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Mandy, have you checked out fictfact.com ? It's a wonderful free place to keep track of books. You list the series you read, mark the books you've read and the next in the series will always be lis..."

oh wow! Totally LOVE the site!! It's awesome! I'm working on getting everything into it. Thanks for the heads up!!

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2140 comments Dhes - I've checked out 'FictFact' and I agree it's a great site. I've started listing the various series I want to track.

message 24: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I can't remember how many I'm following... 20 maybe? But yeah, it's been a great help!

message 25: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments You're welcome, Mandy, I'm glad to hear you like it! It's been so, so handy! It does take some time to set up, but not too much since they add the entire series for you. All you have to do is mark it read.

message 26: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Just a heads up - we're nearing the end of 2010, as you know, and come January this folder will not be deleted, but it will be moved to just below the Archives Folder. You'll be able to continue posting as long as you need to, but we need to make room for the 2011 Folder, which can be found here:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...