Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > Distric 9

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments This movie was really well made, and I enjoyed it my dad said it had a sappy story to it but no it was awesome.. I love how it didnt take place in america, it took place in Johannesburg, South Africa. The main actor did a phanominal job and I enjoyed it alot... The camera work reminded me of Cloverfeild and I liked how they made it into like a documentary... what did you think of it?

message 2: by Phillip (last edited Feb 19, 2010 12:48PM) (new)

Phillip | 10544 comments we had a lengthy discussion on it when it came out. if you are going to post something on a film that has been out for some time, just do a quick search and see if there is an existing thread ... just a suggestion. you will find our discussion on this film in the sci-fi folder (not drama).

message 3: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments ok sorry I haven't been on this in a long time... I just saw it and I am actually sylar... I changed my name cause I really really liked the movie.. I think its my favorite so far.

message 4: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10544 comments no need to apologize, just making what i hoped would be a useful suggestion.

message 5: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments ok I... I wasn't too sure where to post this amazing movie, so I thought it would be drama... :/

message 6: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10544 comments no worries. it's kind of a mockumentary as well.

message 7: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments ok thanks for the help!

message 8: by TheGirlBytheSeaofCortez (last edited Feb 26, 2010 03:17PM) (new)

TheGirlBytheSeaofCortez (Madly77) District 9 wrote: "This movie was really well made, and I enjoyed it my dad said it had a sappy story to it but no it was awesome.. I love how it didnt take place in america, it took place in Johannesburg, South Afri..."

It took place in Johannesburg because it was a thinly disguised put down of apartheid. Some of the aerial shots of the slum where the aliens were housed was the actual Soweto.

I hated the documentary aspect of the film, but then I can't stand documentaries, so naturally, I would not like that aspect.

message 9: by Phillip (last edited Feb 27, 2010 09:44AM) (new)

Phillip | 10544 comments hmmm, the documentary aspect was what i liked most. i know quite a few people that wish the film would have stayed in that vibe...and not turn into a clunky action film at the end.

TheGirlBytheSeaofCortez (Madly77) I just don't like documentaries at all, that's it.

message 11: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10544 comments that's too bad, there are a lot of great ones...imo.