Thoughts on the World discussion

Going-ons > Gas Prices

Comments Showing 1-50 of 158 (158 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments ok so we were driving around today and gas was like $4.19 a gallon. omg it takes more than $50 to fill my moms car. whats it where you guys are?

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) It is always changing but the average of $3.50 for the most expensive.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments whoa.... the most expensive here is like 4.29! but it is always changing...HIGHER!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Wowza. That's like the price of diesel down here.

message 5: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) ya, here it's super high isn't it KT?

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments yep. thats why i carpool. or i sometimes walk like halfway but i live like......5 miles from the school. so my mom picks me up by that chruch but not usually. thats only if i stay late. or i walk to my friends house on fridays.

message 7: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I walk. To and from. every. day. I walk with Tabby there, but not home usually. Sometimes Nana picks me up but... oh I kno wut church ur talking about! I go running by there sometimes!

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments yeah, i didnt know you run! and well i should start running for soccer. tom makes us practice harder now. an hour and a half instaed of the required hour.

message 9: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) r u already practicing? wowza. and i run about three-four times a week, like 3 miles.

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments no, not alreeady practicing but thats wat we did last season but i had to skip the last fifeen minutes of each day so i could go to a hour and a half of dance. i was like sooo in shape. now im lazy.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I can't walk to school. I'm out of area by lotsa miles. If I had to walk, I'd probably have to start at four in the morning.

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments nice. our school starts at 7:45 so if i walked to school, id get there during second(?) period. but walking home it dont reall matter cuz theres a shortcut for that. but i usually dont walk.

message 13: by Allie (new)

Allie | 15 comments Around $3.75 now that I'm at home. Sadly, there are no sidewalks and often the roads are surrounded by ditches so I can't walk- but there's not much within walking distance (2 miles give or take) from me. When I was at college up in Boston, as of last week it was $3.80. However, there were sidewalks and public transportation so I led a carfree life.

It's not as high as it needs to be. Americans need to change their driving habits and start learning to walk more. The trains around Boston have been much more full in the past few weeks which means at least something is going right!

message 14: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) In michigan it is between $3.70 and $3.90, which is like, $90 for a mini van.

Felicity/Rosestar (felicity) | 39 comments I live in Tucson which has the lowest gas prices in the country. Somewhere in the lower $3 prices mainly.

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments oh hey! im going to tucson this weekend! last year when we went to tucson we were like, hey lets just buy gas here so we can pay less! and my moms like ugh! next year were taking the plane! my whole family went and me and my brother were fighting the whole eight and a half hours.

Felicity/Rosestar (felicity) | 39 comments That's cool. Why are you coming here? There's a lot of great stuff here. If you have the time, you should try to walk in Sabino Canyon. It's so pretty there.

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments i have a dance competiton. yeah i only have uhhh...negative half an hour of extra time lol. this time we actually are taking the plane. getting there friday night, leaving saturday night. i think imight miss the drive though. there is something i like about the emptiness and nothingness and hugeness of the sand dunes

Felicity/Rosestar (felicity) | 39 comments Dance competition? OMG I went to one in Phoinex (i probably spelled that wrong) last weekend! I didn't know that there was going to be one in town! My teacher never notices these things...

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments well, its uhhh...dont make fun of me i swear its true, im an irish dancer. so unless you do irish, i doubt your teacher would notice. lol.

message 21: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments In my area in Southern CA, the prices are upper $3 now. Just last year, it was like in the $2 area.
It's getting so retarded about gas prices. The higher it goes up, the more it appears for us to depend on em.
And I heard that probably in the mid-july to august, the prices will go up to $5 in my area, and probably more everywhere else!

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments hmmm...i live in SoCal too, but it hasnt benn $2 something for uhhh well two years almost. but i do remember when $2.20 was high. i was a wee kiddie and we just moved here.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Okay random but on ethanol, it would actually be more expensive to make ethanol. I mean, think about it many cornfields would have to be planted just to make car fuel and that is NOT counting food and other plant products.

message 24: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments yes, but its not as polluting. and plus, we have endless corn. pretty soon we'll run out of gas. litteraly

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) True...so true. I think cooking oil is the best source. I mean, how much oil do you think fast food restaurants throw out? BINGO! ENERGY! and CHEAP!

message 26: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments lol. put some food in youre engine. literaly.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Yay! Lol!

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments imagine the comercial addies for that on tv. ohh lol.

message 29: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) lol. I can't hardly remember gas prices being in the 2$ range here..

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments well i remeber cuz my cuzin was talking about gas prices and then yeah, well....i just remember cuz my cousins dont come out here so often.

message 31: by Carlita! (new)

Carlita! | 5 comments In the Bahamas (last year) gas was like 3.80 according to the cab driver...

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments nice carly, you asked the cabbie?

message 33: by Carlita! (new)

Carlita! | 5 comments it was a long drive and i was bored. and the dude was nice and i said how much is gas here? and he said 3.80 and i said wowwie yup and then we arrived at hotel! yay

wow that was useless info

message 34: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) Wow Carly...

message 35: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments omg...*shakes head* jk. well, i dont usually talk to the ppl driving cuz i like to stare at ppl crossing the street. i make up stories about them and why theyre there. okay, see carly? your not the only one giving pointless info lol.

message 36: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) Cab drivers scare me. One guy in Canada was like quizzing us on stuff and me and evin and zack and jackson were all like wut??? me and zack were like grr i want to read....

message 37: by C'est Moi ♪ (last edited May 12, 2008 09:42PM) (new)

C'est Moi ♪ | 59 comments Gas prices here? Upper $3, lower $4.
OMG WILLA! SERIOUSLY?!?!? HOW COME YOU NEVER TELL ME THESE THINGS AT SCHOOL?!?!

-.-'

message 38: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments haha, you never asked, helen :)
but that's what i heard on the radio my brother was listening to
haha, are you guys like really young or something? I still remember like a couple years back, it was at $1-ish
good times, good times :D
oh, the government and stuff is trying to test those corn fueled machines, but so far, little success, i believe :P
and i think in order to use vegetable oil in engines, a special design in the car has to be made or something
our typical cars are unable to handle vegetable oil, so that's kinda why there's diesel fuel that's supposedly a bit "environmental friendly", though the costs are off the charts

message 39: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments lol.

umm big word again...def, please?

message 40: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments oh. nvm. i know what that is. it just, i blanked. im a lil, uh spottie (allie :))

message 41: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) oo KT's having a spottie moment...

message 42: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments hehe thats pretty much my whole life allie!

message 43: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) so true...

message 44: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments -.- lol

message 45: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments iono about NASA
but i think its even more expensive to change the engines and use a different substance as fuel
especially since the US money is going into depression :P
awww, its alright katie, i'm living that life too :D

message 46: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments u dont know how bad it is, trust me. erm...Weee!!wawaLAA!!:3 lol

message 47: by Soumya (new)

Soumya Hi, gas prices, here in MA, are pretty high. The highest here is $3.79. it probably grew. here the prices change, but they get higher and higher. i am predicting that the price will go up to $4.00

message 48: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments WUT???????????? 3.709 is low compared to here ($4.19)

message 49: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments haha :]
are you guys talking about the premium fuel or the other one? you know, like the three prices for different "quality" fuel
$3.79 is pretty cheap, ours is now the cheapest like arouind $3.90 >___>

message 50: by Soumya (last edited May 15, 2008 05:29PM) (new)

Soumya (Katie), were you talking to me? Well yea it is low compared to $4.19 but it is high here for us. Where do you live?
Soumya

« previous 1 3 4