Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
195 views
Archives > Quotes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 992 (992 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim Crowley (kimcrow) | 1893 comments Do you have any funny/sad/weird/amazing/creative quotes you want to share?? Go ahead. We wanna hear them all!


message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments Hehe. I loove hearing people quotes. I just wrote this in my novel, Now It's Gone, and I just have to share it!!

“You know, usually you’re an extremely smart guy. And now what do I think? I think that you’re a blathering idiot! On the Earth’s grave would you tell her that? That’s the most stupid thing you could have said! You practically just dug your potential relationship into a grave that goes to the core of the Earth!”


message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim Crowley (kimcrow) | 1893 comments haha


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

"For the tenth time, I'm just freaking PEACHY!"

Ah, Mitchell, we love you.


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"You may have the social skills of a hermit, but it's nice to know you care." - Amelia

Something similar was actually said about my uncle. He has a really dry sense of humor that's hard to get unless you're paying attention, so a student said he had the social skills of an amoeba. =D


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"Just go crawl in a hole and die." ~ Allegra talking to (who else?) Tristan...


message 7: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments "Why do you do this to me?"- Shadow/Salem to Ellis


message 8: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
"If you hug me, I punch you." Me to someone as school when I was in a bad mood.


message 9: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
“I’ve figured out by now though something that’s almost obvious. It’s foolish to ask people why they do some things, what their reasoning about it is. Mostly because you can’t understand it . . . no matter how hard you try. Sometimes it’s better just to accept the fact they do what they do, for whatever reasons they have. It’s better, sometimes just to accept the fact they feel what they feel and they think what they think. It’s a flaw in the nature of both mortals and immortals; a flaw in which our minds can become so different and foreign to some, and perfectly sane to others.”
-Jeremiah to Dae from my story The Seventh Dimension


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna (Maxy) wrote: ""You may have the social skills of a hermit, but it's nice to know you care." - Amelia

Something similar was actually said about my uncle. He has a really dry sense of humor that's hard to get u..."


An amoeba? How splendid. I really want to meet your uncle now. My uncle...has a kind of warped sense of humor.


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"The world is bipolar." -my friend commenting on the weather. We were having a really sunny and warm day and then it got cold and started snowing. This all happened in the same day, btw.


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Mallory McSkittles (Skitts) wrote: "Anna (Maxy) wrote: ""You may have the social skills of a hermit, but it's nice to know you care." - Amelia

Something similar was actually said about my uncle. He has a really dry sense of humor ..."


Indeed. An amoeba. Haha. I think you'd like him.


message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Of course I would.


message 14: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments Kriss wrote: "“I’ve figured out by now though something that’s almost obvious. It’s foolish to ask people why they do some things, what their reasoning about it is. Mostly because you can’t understand it . . . n..."

.... Wow.... That was... BRILLIANT!!! AHHH!


message 15: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments "Smart people learn from their mistakes, smarter people learn from the mistakes of others." :)

-Brandon Mull, author of Fablehaven

P.S. He meant this as a joke. :)


message 16: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
Ellen ♥ wrote: "Kriss wrote: "“I’ve figured out by now though something that’s almost obvious. It’s foolish to ask people why they do some things, what their reasoning about it is. Mostly because you can’t underst..."

XD Thanks :P


message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 405 comments "Life is inevitable. It's going to happen, whether we like it or not. We just have to keep going, we have to realize that life does go on. You can't believe that you've fallen too far for help, because all of your friends will be here to drag you up higher than you were before."

~Nate to Holly in my story Unwritten.


message 18: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments what's the link to your story "Unwritten?" I want to read it.... :) i have an idea for a cover if you want...


message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 405 comments I actually haven't posted it on here..It involves a few people I know on here, so it's easier not to post it, 'cause I don't wanna have to change their personalities... x_X


message 20: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments ohhh. ok. dang. i wanted to read it. oh well.


message 21: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments cool anyway!


message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 405 comments Thanks...and sorry! :P >.<


message 23: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Love and I have a love/hate relationship. - Shadow from Raindance


message 24: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments thats ok!!!


message 25: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
Heh, I love that Kenny :P



message 26: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
Here's another one of mine:

If you think you’ve ever heard pure fear you’re wrong. If you think you’ve ever felt it you’re wrong. Pure fear is where your thoughts don’t even exist, and all that’s left is a primal instinct to get away. To escape. But you can’t even do that—you’re frozen in place. Trapped in the eyes of death with no way out. You’re shaking. You’re crying. And you can hardly even scream. You’re paralyzed . . . even the bravest of mean crumble when facing that which is pure untarnished terror. Warriors wither. Weak men die. And one thing’s for sure, if you get away alive you’ll never be the same.

-From my story Macabre Grin by Katsumii.


message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 14, 2010 03:06PM) (new)

"Haven't you heard the saying 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder'?" - my sister Emily
"Haven't you heard the saying 'SHUT UP'?" - my other sister


message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

♫ Mandy ♫ wrote: ""Smart people learn from their mistakes, smarter people learn from the mistakes of others." :)

-Brandon Mull, author of Fablehaven

P.S. He meant this as a joke. :)"


Haha! I get it.


message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna (Maxy) wrote: ""Haven't you heard the saying 'Absense makes the heart grow fonder'?" - my sister Emily
"Haven't you heard the saying 'SHUT UP'?" - my other sister"


I really need to meet your family.


message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

We can share quotes from TV shows and other books, right?


message 31: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Kriss wrote: "Heh, I love that Kenny :P
"


danke O.o


message 32: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Kriss wrote: "Here's another one of mine:

If you think you’ve ever heard pure fear you’re wrong. If you think you’ve ever felt it you’re wrong. Pure fear is where your thoughts don’t even exist, and all that’..."


me likey


message 33: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments A.J. wrote: "We can share quotes from TV shows and other books, right?"

*nods*


message 34: by Acacia (last edited Feb 22, 2010 07:51PM) (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) Ooh, that reminds me. There's a qutoe from CSI: NY that I really like. XD

Stella: They say burning is the most painful of all deaths.
Danny: I love that. What did they do, take a poll? '4 out of 5 dead people surveyed...'


message 35: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Acacia wrote: "Ooh, that reminds me of a quote from CSI: NY that I really like. XD

Stella: They say burning is the most painful of all deaths.
Danny: I love that. What did they do, take a poll? '4 out of 5 dead ..."


I <3 Danny


message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie (aka Mallory/Skitts) wrote: "Anna (Maxy) wrote: ""Haven't you heard the saying 'Absense makes the heart grow fonder'?" - my sister Emily
"Haven't you heard the saying 'SHUT UP'?" - my other sister"

I really need to meet yo..."


You do, dearest Mallory. And then we can go buffalo stalking with Tim and Peter (once Timalim dragon gets back).


Tiani *The Writer* (TheNerdCenter) | 9 comments "Remember, the ememys gate is down."- Enders game

"Basically, I have two speeds.... Hostile or smart-aleck. Your Choice."-Saving The world and other extreme sports

"Besides my great fashion sense? I play a mean Harmonica."-Saving the world and other extreme sports

"So it's you and a syringe against the Capitol? See, this is why no one lets you make the plans."— Catching Fire

"Popcorn for breakfast! Why not? It's a grain. It's like, like, grits, but with high self-esteem." — The Angel Experiment

"“What are you doing here?” [ndr prison:]
“Selling Girl Scout cookies,” I said. “Want some? The Samoas are terrific.”(Max II to Max)— Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

"I'll grab a zebra; Gaz, you fill the bubbles with your trademark scent. So people are choking and gagging; and lets throw beef jeerky in their eyes. Now thats a plan!"-James patterson

Ahh girl scout cookies. We love you so.


message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 22, 2010 08:28PM) (new)

"I always liked giraffes. Probably because I resemble them--in the sense that I'm awkward and skinny anyway. As far as I know, I am not 20 feet tall with spots." - Ben Madsen (he's saying this at some point in my story.)


message 39: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
"What fun is heaven, without a little bit of hell?" Kierlan will eventually say that in my story.


message 40: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments "They passed..there! No..THERE! Back then!" - Brian Regan (slightly paraphrased)


message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Kennyninja (the ninja is silent) wrote: ""They passed..there! No..THERE! Back then!" - Brian Regan (slightly paraphrased)"

Heeheehee. "Kytycysvtkg'dnnnn!"


message 42: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
Hehe...

Here's one:

"Cause is not a word." Friend 1.
"Yes it is. You just take the B of of because." Another friend.
".... That would be Ecause." Me and two of my other friends at the same time.


message 43: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Anna (Maxy) wrote: "Kennyninja (the ninja is silent) wrote: ""They passed..there! No..THERE! Back then!" - Brian Regan (slightly paraphrased)"

Heeheehee. "Kytycysvtkg'dnnnn!""


ahahahaha


message 44: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (Buron) | 3 comments i forgot who made this one up but look:

"i love mankind. it's humans i cant stand"

i totally agree


message 45: by Laura (last edited Feb 23, 2010 06:03AM) (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 405 comments "Everyone is weird in their own little way."

~Nate from a story of mine, Unwritten.


message 46: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (Buron) | 3 comments kewl i agree


message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

There's one from NCIS:LA that was funny.

Callen says, " Sam looks at the glass as half full. I look at it as half empty. Kenzie drinks out of the glass. Nate wonders why it's glass, and Eric breaks the glass by putting his feet on the table."


message 48: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 405 comments A.J. wrote: "There's one from NCIS:LA that was funny.

Callen says, " Sam looks at the glass as half full. I look at it as half empty. Kenzie drinks out of the glass. Nate wonders why it's glass, and Eric break..."


I'd be one of the last two...hehe.


message 49: by Laura (last edited Feb 23, 2010 07:08AM) (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 405 comments "How do you save someone who doesn't believe they are worth it? Or who thinks they have fallen too far for you to save them?"


message 50: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
I'm in love with that quote.


« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
back to top
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.