75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2010 Challenge) > Kathryn's 75

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4070 comments Mod
Kathryn, looks like you are off to a good start. I have not read any of these books yet! Did any of them stand out as great to you?

message 3: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1362 comments I love Prisoner of Azkaban; it's my favorite in the series. Can't quite pin down why that is.

That Ophelia/Facebook one sounds really interesting, though unfortunately I'm probably not familiar enough with classic lit to appreciate it.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) The facebook one is good to browse in the bookstore. Look at some of your favorite stories. My favorite in that was Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen's Profile page.

Andrea - The Hunger Games in one of the best books ever. No joke. A lot of people in this other group I am in (seasonal challenge) said it was a must read and I didn't believe them... until I finally cracked it open and was unable to put it down.

(8)Catherine, Called Birdy

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) (11)Impulse

message 8: by Kate (new)

message 10: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Kathryn, I'm so sorry I missed your reply somehow. I will check out the Hunger Games! Thanks!! :)

message 11: by Kate (new)

message 12: by Kate (new)

message 13: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Kathryn wrote: "(19) Artemis Fowl"

How is this book? Ive wanted to read it, would you reccomend it?

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) Jenn{WeEzEr LuVa!!!!} wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "(19) Artemis Fowl"

How is this book? Ive wanted to read it, would you reccomend it?"

It was okay... I would like to continue the series eventually, but I am not rushing out to the store to get them, if you understand what I am saying.

message 18: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Kathryn, I've heard some good things about Sarah Dessen. Do you like her books?

Don (The Book Guy) (donthelibrarian) My students really like Sarah Dessen and I have read a few of her's and enjoyed them as well.

message 21: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) Andrea - I do really like Sarah Dessen's books. I think they address a lot of controversial issues. Sometimes I think of her as the Jodi Picoult of Young Adult books. One book addresses teen pregnancy, another addresses a teen abandoned by basically everyone in her life. Another one looks at an insomniac. They are good books.

message 22: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Don and Kathryn, thanks for the recommendations on Sarah Dressen! I think I will try one of her books.

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) (35)Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
(36)The Negotiator
(37)Little House in the Big Woods

Obviously didn't make it this year... Hopefully will make it next year!

message 25: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Kathryn, 37 is still great and it looks like you read some good books including a few classics.