A History of Royals discussion

Archive - Asian Royalty > Indian Moguls

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (Readinghearts), The mod of last resort/Mod #3 (new)

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) | 1550 comments Mod
For discussion of this particular subset.

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon | 6 comments i read The Twentieth Wife: A Novel recently and was v good, i want to read the sequel soon

message 3: by Lyn (Readinghearts), The mod of last resort/Mod #3 (new)

Hey Jon - Welcome to the group!! I have heard that The Twentieth Wife: A Novel was very good. I will have to pick it up at some time.

message 4: by Jon (new)

Jon | 6 comments its is! well worth a read, thanks for the welcome, Jennifer invited me months ago but you know how it is with groups, i never seemed to get in here!.

message 5: by Lyn (Readinghearts), The mod of last resort/Mod #3 (new)

Just like me, too many groups, too little time, huh?. I have seriously been lacking in the HF group this time, as I have been reading a lot of non-fiction history and mysteries.

message 6: by Jennifer, Group Founder/Mod #1 (new)

Jennifer (jennifertudor) | 726 comments Mod
Jon I`m so happy to see you over here!

message 7: by Melisende (new)

Melisende | 75 comments Though probably of a later period, The White Rajah - which I have had first on my mum's bookcase and now mine for a total of 30 years. I believe it is based on the last "white" rajah of India - so I guess British Colonial times. (A fact I have only recently discovered - duh!)

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 19 comments Jon wrote: "i read The Twentieth Wife: A Novel recently and was v good, i want to read the sequel soon"

have you read The Feast of Roses yet? there is a third book as well...Shadowprincess. I have strted that one. I love how you get the sense that you are there from the books! it's not the same as being there in person, of course, but you feel as if you are!

message 9: by Libbie Hawker (new)

Libbie Hawker (L.M. Ironside) (lmironside) | 6 comments I love Indu Sundaresan's books! Her writing style really brings you into the setting. Great historical novels!