Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Group Challenges Archive > Dangerous Hero Group Book Challenge: Prove Your Love for Bad Boys Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 253 (253 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Mar 07, 2010 10:07PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
I think it would be fun to have a book challenge for the group. Perhaps the easiest thing would be to do it for a year or six-month period.

Title: Prove Your Love For The Bad Boys Challenge.
Duration: March 01-September 01, 2010
Description: Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to read a book that fits at least six out of eleven of the following categories (in other words, one book for each category--minimum of six books, maximum of eleven)—
• Hero is an assassin/hired killer/contract killer
• Hero and heroine are mortal enemies at the start of the book
• The hero was once a villain or is an antihero
• Hero is a Black Ops Soldier/Mercenary/Sniper
• Hero is a spy
• Hero kidnaps or holds the heroine captive at some point in the book
• Hero is or was a criminal (not wrongly accused)
• Hero is an ex-convict (even if he was wrongly accused)
• Hero does something immoral, inethical, or illegal to obtain or keep the heroine
• Hero involves the heroine in his plans for revenge, or plans to get revenge against the heroine
• Hero is very possessive, jealous, or obsessed with the heroine (in other words, ‘stalkerific’)

Rules: The books can be historical, paranormal, or contemporary romance (series/category or mainstream), or romantic suspense. It can be erotic romance or romantica, but it must be a romance novel. If you read male/male romance, you are welcome to read books out of these categories, but indicate that they are male/male romance. The books should feature a couple, and not menage scenarios.
If you are interested, post the type of categories you are going to do. You are more than welcome to change the categories, or the books you use, so long as they fit the category. Please indicate if the book is historical, paranormal, contemporary (series/category), or romantic suspense, and if it is male/male. Post the date on which you finished the book. For ease of reading, post updates as a separate post from the initial sign-up post.

Rule Amendment: The participants are allowed to use up to three non-romance books in any challenge.

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Feb 18, 2010 07:22AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 151 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I think it would be fun to have a book challenge for the group. Perhaps the easiest thing would be to do it for a year or six-month period.

Title: Prove Your Love For The Bad Boys Challenge.
D..."

Oh why did check this post when I should be on my out the door for work?! All I want to do now is work on my list, aaaagh!! Great challenge Danielle!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
Thanks, Michelle. I think it will be fun. :)

message 4: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4116 comments Mod
Wow, I need to buy some more books.

I bet you have some books that fit some of these. I know I do. But then, I guess I'm kind of disturbed in my reading choices. :)

message 6: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I bet you have some books that fit some of these. I know I do. But then, I guess I'm kind of disturbed in my reading choices. :)"

I might, besides Killer Dreams.

I'll have to search my books.

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Hmmm, I know I've already read several that fit this challenge. My challenge would be finding ones I haven't read.

Well, this should be easy for you, Pamela. I hope you participate. :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I'm in! This looks interesting and I'm thrilled it's open to all genres.

Yay! We have to give love to the Bad Boys in all the different romance genres. :)

message 11: by Arch (new)

Bad Boys, Bad Boys! What are we going to do? :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Arch wrote: "Bad Boys, Bad Boys! What are we going to do? :)"

Pray that they come for me? LOL Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

message 13: by Arch (new)

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Pray that they come for me? LOL Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"

Who is it?

Bad Boy

Arch runs to the door and opens it. "Come on in!"

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish My "who is it" would be *sigh* Zsadist from Lover Awakened . Or Royce from The Prize or Royce from A Kingdom of Dreams or maybe ....

message 15: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette I will see if I can make a list - then I will take part :)

message 16: by Arch (new)

Who is it:

Sam Starrett
Dave Malkoff
David Jones
John Medina
Jock

Parris! :) - Danielle knows who Parris is.

message 17: by Arch (new)

I plan on doing the book challenge.

My categories:

1. Hero is very possessive, jealous, or obsessed with the heroine (in other words, ‘stalkerific’)

2. Hero and heroine are mortal enemies at the start of the book

I hope I can find a book like this. This has the scent of action pack tension.

3. Hero kidnaps or holds the heroine captive at some point in the book

I hope I find a book like this too. Action pack tension. (I can't wait to write my lame story)

4. Hero is a Black Ops Soldier/Mercenary/Sniper

5. Hero is an assassin/hired killer/contract killer

6. The hero was once a villain or is an antihero

I hope to find books with these themes. I have six months to read these themes.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I'm going to list mine as I go. Can 1 book fit several catagories so long as I read at least 6 books?

You guys are funny. I was thinking one book per category, so try to find the category that you feel it best fits. Does that answer your question, Dhestiny?

I am going to try to do all eleven, but we shall see.

Arch wrote: "Who is it:

Sam Starrett
Dave Malkoff
David Jones
John Medina
Jock

Parris! :) - Danielle knows who Parris is.

"

--I do!

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Feb 18, 2010 10:01AM) (new)

You are welcome to use a reread as a book (you must reread it between March 1 and September 1).

message 22: by Arch (new)

Good, I might have to pull out a reread.

message 23: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 54 comments This sounds like fun. I'm cutting down on my challenges because of time constraints, but I think I can manage 6 books in 6 months time.

Cool challenge idea, Danielle. :)

(Bowing deeply to the Challenge Queen)--Whyz, you are my inspiration!

message 25: by Arch (new)

YZ is a challenge queen.

message 26: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 54 comments Cut it out, guys...LOL...Now, you are making me blush. :)

Just giving credit where it's due. We're not worthy! Okay, I'll stop. :)

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 151 comments I've been struggling with my list all day, narrowing my list down to 11 books is proving to me to be quite the challenge. I love it!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I need to read Roxanne St. Claire's Bullet Catchers series... I'm sure I can find some to fit the catagories.

message 30: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 151 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I need to read Roxanne St. Claire's Bullet Catchers series... I'm sure I can find some to fit the catagories."

I just bought Kill Me Twice (Bullet Catcher, #1) by Roxanne St. Claire today at the used bookstore. I'm really looking forward to reading that one, and working some of my Anne Stuart novels into this challenge.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I may ask you for help with this challenge, Michelle. I'll need reading recommends for sure - and I'll be sure to check out others' books.

message 32: by Michelle (last edited Feb 18, 2010 10:26PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 151 comments Here's my list:

• Hero is an assassin/hired killer/contract killer: Black Ice by Anne Stuart - romantic suspense

• Hero and heroine are mortal enemies at the start of the book : Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole - paranormal romance

• Hero is a Black Ops Soldier/Mercenary/Sniper: Kiss and Tell by Cherry Adair or Kill Me Twice by Roxanne St. Claire - romantic suspense

• Hero kidnaps or holds the heroine captive at some point in the book: Untouched by Anna Campbell - historical romance

• Hero is an ex-convict (even if he was wrongly accused): Last Kiss Goodbye by Rita Herron - romantic suspense

• Hero does something immoral, inethical, or illegal to obtain or keep the heroine : Tongue in Chic by Christina Dodd - romantic suspense

• Hero is very possessive, jealous, or obsessed with the heroine (in other words, ‘stalkerific’): Dark Prince by Christine Feehan - paranormal romance

Black Ice (Ice, #1) by Anne Stuart Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2) by Cherry Adair Kill Me Twice (Bullet Catcher, #1) by Roxanne St. Claire Untouched by Anna Campbell Last Kiss Goodbye by Rita Herron Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole Tongue In Chic (Fortune Hunter, #2) by Christina Dodd Dark Prince (Carpathians, #1) (2d Ed) by Christine Feehan

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle wrote: "Here's my list:

• Hero is an assassin/hired killer/contract killer: Black Ice by Anne Stuart - romantic suspense

• Hero and heroine are mortal enemies at the start of the book : Wicked Deeds ..."

WOW i want to read all of those books let me no which one was your fav :)

You list is rocking cool, Michelle. You are so organized. I can't think that far ahead!

Thanks for participating, Eugenia. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a Jones for the literary bad boys! I feel validated. LOL.

message 35: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 269 comments I'm in, but I'm going to have to add to the list as I go. I did really awful with the February challenges I signed up for. I kept reading outside of the challenges and went to see my sister and ended up talking to her instead of reading - what's up with that?!

message 36: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 151 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "You list is rocking cool, Michelle. You are so organized. I can't think that far ahead!

Thanks for participating, Eugenia. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a Jones for the literary bad boys!..."

Thanks Danielle! I'm already thinking about changing it, lol!

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 151 comments Rachael wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Here's my list:

• Hero and heroine are mortal enemies at the start of the boo..."

I sure will!

message 38: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 269 comments I'm in - I'll add the books later though.

message 39: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments I'm in, but it may take me a little bit to figure out what I am going to read.

message 40: by SM (new)

SM Ruth (smruth) | 15 comments I'm in! Haven't read nearly enough books with bad boys. Will have to go compile a list right now . . .

message 41: by Barbara ★ (last edited Apr 21, 2010 03:35PM) (new)

Barbara ★ I'm not sure about a couple of these and will swap out if they don't fit after I read them.

1. assassin: Black Ice by Anne Stuart (romantic suspense)
2. mortal enemies: Guardian's Keep by Lori Devoti (urban fantasy) 3/21
3. ex-villan: His Forgotten Forever by Michele Hauf (paranormal) 3/25
4. black ops: Burn by Linda Howard (romantic suspense) 4/6
5. spy: Dream Island by Josie Litton (historical romantic) 3/26
6. kidnapper: Touched by Light by Catherine Spangler (paranormal) 3/8
7. criminal: Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward (paranormal) 4/9
8. ex-convict: Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas (historical) 4/21
9. unethical: One Eye Open by Karen Whiddon (paranormal) 4/16
10. revenge: Dark Deceiver by Pamela Palmer (paranormal) 3/22
11. possessive: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (paranormal) 3/6

Black Ice (Ice, #1) by Anne Stuart Guardian's Keep (Unbound, #2) by Lori Devoti His Forgotten Forever (Silhouette Nocturne) by Michele Hauf Burn by Linda Howard Touched by Light (The Sentinel Series, Book 3) by Catherine Spangler Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4) by Lisa Kleypas Dark Deceiver (Silhouette Nocturne) (The Esri, Book 2) by Pamela Palmer City of Glass (Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare Dream Island (Medieval Trilogy) by Josie Litton Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward One Eye Open (The Pack, #1) by Karen Whiddon

10/11 Complete

I am awe of everyone who already has their list. I'll probably post as I go. I've come to realize that I need an Efficiency/Organization expert to get my life in order. :)

message 43: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I am awe of everyone who already has their list. I'll probably post as I go. I've come to realize that I need an Efficiency/Organization expert to get my life in order. :)"

I'll be posting as I go as well.

message 44: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 32 comments I am so in! I will look at my TBR and post my list. :)

message 45: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Feb 23, 2010 01:10PM) (new)

Okay, I think I have three of my books picked out:

• Hero is an assassin/hired killer/contract killer: Color Blind: Loving Jiro and Lakota Anthology by Jordyn Tracy. Jiro is an assassin.
• Hero and heroine are mortal enemies at the start of the book: Silent Blade by Ilona Andrews
• Hero is or was a criminal (not wrongly accused):
Dmitry's Closet by Latrivia Nelson

Dmitry's Closet by Nelson S Latrivia Silent Blade by Ilona Andrews Color Blind Loving Jiro and Lakota Anthology by Jordyn Tracey

message 46: by Arch (new)

Why, a hero that's named Hiro.

message 47: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Arch wrote: "Why, a hero that's named Hiro."

lol good name :)

message 48: by Arch (new)

Pamela wrote: "lol good name :)"

That's unique.

Funny, huh? He's Japanese, and an assassin (Danielle falls off her chair into a faint)!

message 50: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 151 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Okay, I think I have three of my books picked out:

• Hero is an assassin/hired killer/contract killer: Color Blind: Loving Jiro and Lakota Anthology by Jordyn Tracy. Hiro is an ..."

And so my tbr pile continues to grow....

« previous 1 3 4 5 6