You Imagine discussion

everything poetry > Say "hi" if this is what interests you

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 205 comments Mod
Say a quick "hi" if this is what interests you! It'll really help me know how to put the "everything" discussions in order of importance. Thanks a lot.

~Karey Shane

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Sawatsky | 16 comments Mod
Hi! My name is Melissa and I am going to help Karey moderate this discussion topic.

Calling all poets! Check in with "everything poetry" once or twice a week to discover new and interesting links, or participate in discussions for the poets in our midst. Welcome!

message 3: by Bookwrmjr66 (new)

Bookwrmjr66 | 2 comments Hi. My name is Russ. I'm interested in the topic, though it doesn't look like many others are. I published a bit of poetry in little magazines back in the 1990s, but I stopped writing for awhile. I'm trying to get back into the groove.

message 4: by Toni (new)

Toni (tvsweeney) | 17 comments Welcome Russ! Ordinarily, I write horror/romance novels (with the emphasis on horror) but I've penned a bit of poetry in my day. My last piece was published in "Sounds of the Night" in February, 2008. A little ditty called "Epitaf," which--as you can infer from the title--had a Gothic-tinge to it. Glad to have you here!

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Sawatsky | 16 comments Mod
Glad to see you both here, Russ & Toni! I would love to hear which poets you both admire (under "Your five favorites") or any websites that you find useful or inspiring(under "best website links").

If you're interested, we could start a new thread on process and discuss the difference between writing poetry as opposed to prose. In fact, I'll create that subtopic now!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Hi sorta. Amature Poet that writes on impulse and can't smell obviously ^-^

message 7: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi.

I love poetry!!!!!!

message 8: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) hi

message 9: by Sally Maria (new)

Sally Maria (sallymaria) My name is Sallymaria, and for many years I was afraid of poetry. Too much of it seemed obscure or even contrived. I hated form and rhyme.

And then I found poetry I loved, skeletons of stories that blossomed as I read them - words that were gathered like bouquets.

I write, and have been writing for years, but still consider myself "aspiring". Would love to hook up with others who want to share favorite poems and books...