Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Book Covers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Just wondered what book covers are the best ones you like? And for the authors, do you like using models for your covers or do you prefer something else? That is if you get a say in the process...always wondered that!
These are a few of my favs that I've seen or own!
Courting Morrow Little A Novel by Laura Frantz

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Gingham Bride  by Jillian Hart

A Dry Creek Christmas Dry Creek (Love Inspired) by Janet Tronstad

Courting the Doctor's Daughter (Courting, Book 2) by Janet Dean

Her Inheritance Forever (Texas Star of Destiny, Book 2) by Lyn Cote

The Duke's Redemption (Love Inspired Historical) by Carla Capshaw

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Jennifer, These are all lovely covers! I'm thrilled you loved the cover for Courting the Doctor's Daughter! I've met the artist, James Griffin, who designed the cover digitally. He's designed and even painted thousands of covers for several publishing houses. He made a print of the cover of CDD for me, poster size and I have it in the hall near my office. He does photo shoots with life models in NYC. That's a dream of mine. :-) I've been very pleased with the covers designed by the Steeple Hill art department.

Janet

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2758 comments Mod
Jennifer -- I can see you have an eye for art. I'm pleased you like the cover for A Dry Creek Christmas. It is more of a 'mood' cover in my opinion -- whereas, some of the other covers you like seem to gain their strength from the characters shown.

message 5: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments I have to say that this year is an awesome year for book covers! How did you post pics in this forum Jen?

message 6: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments never mind I figured it out Jen :-P

message 7: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments Here are some of my favorites besides Jen's that is!
A Passion Denied (Daughters of Boston, Book 3) by Julie Lessman
A Love of Her Own A Novel (Heart of the West) by Maggie Brendan
[image error] love the green in this one!
Love on a Dime (Ladies of Summerhill) by Cara Lynn James
She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell gorgeous dress!!
[image error] not Christian fiction but i LOVE the dress, designed by none other than Maggie Soterro ;-)
Tandem A Novel by Tracey Bateman Just cause it's kind of creepy!

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments A Tailor-Made Bride this one too LOL

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Janet Dean wrote: "Jennifer, These are all lovely covers! I'm thrilled you loved the cover for Courting the Doctor's Daughter! I've met the artist, James Griffin, who designed the cover digitally. He's designed and e..."

It looks like he painted it by hand! I've loved it ever since it came out.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Jennifer -- I can see you have an eye for art. I'm pleased you like the cover for A Dry Creek Christmas. It is more of a 'mood' cover in my opinion -- whereas, some of the other covers you like s..."

:D I love looking at art. There were so many to choose from with your books! LOL But, that one is one of my favorite covers you have.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Renee wrote: "A Tailor-Made Bride this one too LOL"

That is a good one! You need to go back and post the cover of it so we can see it!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Marlayne wrote: "Marlayne Giron"

That's kinda cool! Love the print for the Title!

message 13: by Renee (new)

message 14: by Julie (new)

Julie | 40 comments All of these covers are great! I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but I'm so incredibly guilty of this! Often times I'll pass up a book if the cover is not attractive only to find out that it's a super awesome book. Then I feel obligated to buy it out of guilt and because it's recommended!!!

I agree with Renee...it's a great year for book covers!!

message 15: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 80 comments As a reader I love having models on covers... and I find I gravitate towards those with faces. I like to see their expressions. I love regency era books and those gorgeous dresses always do me in. lol

I agree with most of the covers already listed above.

I wish I knew how you all did that fancy picture thing - but I would add the covers for Tracie Peterson's series Brides of Gallatin County (all of them fit the characters and were so romantic), Jane Orcutt's All the Tea in China (that was such a spunky look - & such a pretty dress) - it fit the book perfectly), Catherine Palmer's The Briton, and Golden Keyes Parsons' A Prisoner of Versailles.

You all will have to teach me how to do all that fancy stuff. lol

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Lee wrote: "As a reader I love having models on covers... and I find I gravitate towards those with faces. I like to see their expressions. I love regency era books and those gorgeous dresses always do me in. ..."

You just search for the book like normal and click on the cover and not link at the bottom of the little search box :D

message 17: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 80 comments I got the search part, and the click on the cover part... but I think the instructions broke down somewhere after that point. Maybe you assumed I understood something I don't. I don't even know how to quote other people's posts. I know it's sad, but everyone has to learn at some point, right?

message 18: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Lee wrote: "I got the search part, and the click on the cover part... but I think the instructions broke down somewhere after that point. Maybe you assumed I understood something I don't. I don't even know how..."

Lee, to quote others' posts, hit reply at the bottom of their comment. It'll pop up in a new comment box.

message 19: by Janet (last edited Feb 18, 2010 03:46AM) (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Jennifer wrote: "Janet Dean wrote: "Jennifer, These are all lovely covers! I'm thrilled you loved the cover for Courting the Doctor's Daughter! I've met the artist, James Griffin, who designed the cover digitally. ..."

Most readers who've contacted me about my covers like Courting Miss Adelaide's cover best.

Courting Miss Adelaide (Noblesville, Indiana Series, Book 1) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Historical #16) by Janet Dean

message 20: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Lee wrote: "I got the search part, and the click on the cover part... but I think the instructions broke down somewhere after that point. Maybe you assumed I understood something I don't. I don't even know how..."

Lee, over the comment box click on add book/author. Type in the book title. Before you hit add, click on cover, which adds the cover to your comment.

message 21: by Janet (last edited Feb 18, 2010 03:45AM) (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Renee wrote: "Here are some of my favorites besides Jen's that is!

They're all beautiful, Renee. I particularily love Julie Lessman's cover. All of hers are gorgeous.

message 22: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 80 comments Now it makes sense! I was trying to do the search outside of a reply. {silly me} Thank you. :o)

All the Tea in China (Rollicking Regency, A) by Jane Orcutt

The Briton by Catherine Palmer

[image error]

A Promise to Believe In (The Brides of Gallatin County, #1) by Tracie Peterson

A Dream to Call My Own (The Brides of Gallatin County, Book #3) by Tracie Peterson

A Love to Last Forever (The Brides of Gallatin County, Book 2) by Tracie Peterson

message 23: by Joy (last edited Feb 18, 2010 02:47PM) (new)

Joy I like these. :)

Cry of My Heart by Joanne Bischof

Paper Roses (Texas Dreams Trilogy #1) by Amanda Cabot

Massachusetts Brides Michaela's Choice/Rebecca's Heart/Adam's Bride (Heartsong Novella Collection) by Lisa Harris

Alaska Twilight (Women of Faith Fiction (Westbow)) by Colleen Coble

Beyond This Moment (Timber Ridge Reflections, Book 2) by Tamera Alexander

Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin

June (Brides of the West #2) by Lori Copeland

Scattered Petals (Texas Dreams, #2) by Amanda Cabot

message 24: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments Wow you guys picked some beautiful covers!

Lee, I especially love Prisoner of Versailles, the pinks and maroon are beautiful!

Joy, I like Alaska Twilight! The northern lights are sooo beautiful and always something that I've wanted to see!

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Lee wrote: "Now it makes sense! I was trying to do the search outside of a reply. {silly me} Thank you. :o)

All the Tea in China (Rollicking Regency, A) by Jane Orcutt

The Briton by Catherine Palmer

[bookcover:A Prisoner of Ve..."

Sorry the information didn't get relayed well the first time! Glad Janet got to help you.

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Joy wrote: "I like these. :)

Cry of My Heart by Joanne Bischof

Paper Roses (Texas Dreams Trilogy #1) by Amanda Cabot

Massachusetts Brides Michaela's Choice/Rebecca's Heart/Adam's Bride (Heartsong Novella Collection) by Lisa Harris

[bookcove..."

Love all the Brides of the West covers! But, June is a good one.

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Janet Dean wrote: "Renee wrote: "Here are some of my favorites besides Jen's that is!

They're all beautiful, Renee. I particularily love Julie Lessman's cover. All of hers ..."

agreed!

message 30: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Janet Dean wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Janet Dean wrote: "Jennifer, These are all lovely covers! I'm thrilled you loved the cover for Courting the Doctor's Daughter! I've met the artist, James Griffin, who designed the ..."

It's the hat!! :D I loved the hat when I first saw it on the shelf. Good story too! I just bought Substitute Bride :D

message 31: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments The Substitute Bride (Love Inspired Historical) by Janet Dean :-D this one is my fave of Janet's covers!

message 32: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 80 comments Janet Dean wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Janet Dean wrote: "Jennifer, These are all lovely covers! I'm thrilled you loved the cover for Courting the Doctor's Daughter! I've met the artist, James Griffin, who designed the ..."

Courting Miss Adelaide (Noblesville, Indiana Series, Book 1) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Historical #16) by Janet Dean

I love this cover! It reminds me of of a picture I have hanging in my house. Maybe you know the artist - her name is Bettie Hebert Zeldon.

message 33: by Melody (last edited Feb 18, 2010 04:37PM) (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I love moons, so this is one of my all time favorites, though I am enjoying many that have been posted here. I confess I tend to judge a book by it's cover even though I know I shouldn't! :)

The Light of the Lover's Moon by Marcia Lynn McClure

I also thought this one was just gorgeous:
Beneath the Honeysuckle Vine by Marcia Lynn McClure

message 34: by Heidi (last edited Feb 18, 2010 04:55PM) (new)

Heidi | 985 comments I like these, but I love all of the ones everyone else has put up too! Great choices guys! :) Oh, and I couldn't single out any single LIH covers. I feel like it is choosing a favorite aunt or uncle in the presence of all of them (although I know not all of the LIH authors are on here)! It's too hard, and makes me a bit uncomfortable since I am getting to know and be friendly with so many of you! I just wanted to let the authors know that I left the LIH covers out on purpose, not because they aren't great :) I know I am silly, and none of you would probably be offended, but being that I am a sensitive person by nature, I just project that on to others I guess :P.

Thorn in My Heart (Lowlands of Scotland Series #1) by Liz Curtis Higgs

Fair Is the Rose (Lowlands of Scotland Series #2) by Liz Curtis Higgs

Whence Came a Prince (Lowlands of Scotland Series #3) by Liz Curtis Higgs

The Princess by Lori Wick

Dear Lady (Coming to America #1) by Robin Lee Hatcher

Patterns of Love (Coming to America #2) by Robin Lee Hatcher

In His Arms (Coming to America #3) by Robin Lee Hatcher

Promised to Me (Coming to America #4) by Robin Lee Hatcher

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Heidi wrote: "I like these, but I love all of the ones everyone else has put up too! Great choices guys! :) Oh, and I couldn't single out any single LIH covers. I feel like it is choosing a favorite aunt or u..."

Hehehe! It's ok. I figured you would do that. I love Liz Curtis Higgins covers! I need to read the third book! Still haven't done that yet.

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Renee wrote: "The Substitute Bride (Love Inspired Historical) by Janet Dean :-D this one is my fave of Janet's covers!"

:D Walmart got some money off of me today for that and Renee's

message 37: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, Heidi, you have chosen some beautiful covers. I like the close up of the character -- it gives a sense of intimacy to the book, I think.

message 38: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Oh, Heidi, you have chosen some beautiful covers. I like the close up of the character -- it gives a sense of intimacy to the book, I think."

Thanks Janet :) I agree, close ups do give you a sense of intimacy. I feel like it connects me more with the main character, and in the bookstore often that book is the one I want to buy because of that instant bond with the character.

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Jennifer wrote: "Heidi wrote: "I like these, but I love all of the ones everyone else has put up too! Great choices guys! :) Oh, and I couldn't single out any single LIH covers. I feel like it is choosing a favo..."

You'll like it! The first three books are some of my all time favorite books, but I must say I was a bit disappointed by comparison with the fourth and final book. It is worth a read, but it just didn't have the wow factor of the first three for me.

message 40: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
Jennifer wrote: "Just wondered what book covers are the best ones you like? And for the authors, do you like using models for your covers or do you prefer something else? That is if you get a say in the process...a..."

***Fun topic, Jennifer. I'm glad you liked The Duke's Redemption cover! I love that one. :-) I really think so many of the LIH covers are just gorgeous. One of my favs coming up is Linda Ford's The Cowboy's Baby. It's just gorgeous. Really makes you say, "Awww..."

Hugs!

message 41: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Renee wrote: "The Substitute Bride (Love Inspired Historical) by Janet Dean :-D this one is my fave of Janet's covers!"

I am with this one !

I love the landscapes in each books. I think I like almost of all Christian book covers.

message 42: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments Carla wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Just wondered what book covers are the best ones you like? And for the authors, do you like using models for your covers or do you prefer something else? That is if you get a say i..."

I just saw the cover for The Cowboy's Baby and I said the same thing, "Awwwww!"

message 43: by Carla (new)

Renee wrote: "I just saw the cover for The Cowboy's Baby and I said the same thing, "Awwwww!"
"

***I know, seriously. lol Who doesn't love a hunky guy with an adorable baby? :-)

message 44: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Carla wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Just wondered what book covers are the best ones you like? And for the authors, do you like using models for your covers or do you prefer something else? That is if you get a say i..."

Hehehe! I saw it too and said AWW!

message 45: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Heidi wrote: "I like these, but I love all of the ones everyone else has put up too! Great choices guys! :) Oh, and I couldn't single out any single LIH covers. I feel like it is choosing a favorite aunt or u..."

Wow, a hero on the cover! I've never seen that before but I don't get out much. LOL

message 46: by Janet (last edited Feb 22, 2010 06:49PM) (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Jennifer wrote: "Just wondered what book covers are the best ones you like? And for the authors, do you like using models for your covers or do you prefer something else? That is if you get a say in the process...a..."

Forgot to say that we authors give Steeple Hill three scenes that can work for cover designs. So we're involved, but don't have the final say...well, I don't. LOL Some may.

The Art department goes to a great deal of trouble to get it right. For example on the cover of Courting Miss Adelaide, the Art department tucked a bird in Adelaide's hat, an important detail in the story that really personalized the cover.

message 47: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments The Journey Home (Depression Series #2) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Historical #14) by Linda Ford Dakota Child (Love Inspired Historical) by Linda Ford

Hey Janet! I found these covers with the heroes on the front! They're nice but I think The Cowboys' Baby is the best of the covers showing just the hero!! ;-)

message 48: by JanetTronstad (new)

Janet, I wanted to go on record as agreeing with you that the art department does a great job with our covers. I'm not good at visualizing what a cover should look like so not sure my suggestions are always helpful.

message 49: by Carla (last edited Feb 20, 2010 10:23PM) (new)

Don't forget my gladiator. ;-) Carla Capshaw

message 50: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Janet Dean wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Just wondered what book covers are the best ones you like? And for the authors, do you like using models for your covers or do you prefer something else? That is if you get a say i..."

Gotcha! I've always wondered :D

« previous 1