Delirity discussion

Welcome > Random News

Comments Showing 1-50 of 293 (293 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Heather (last edited Feb 17, 2010 11:38AM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I just found a new commercial today.

http://www.hbo.com/true-blood/index.h...-

I can't wait!

message 2: by Heather (last edited Feb 21, 2010 11:45AM) (new)

Frost just announced that books 3 and 4 of the Night Huntress series will soon be made into audio books. Most of us have already read the series, but this is good news for those of you who like to listen while driving.
Personally, I think I'd drive into a ditch because I wouldn't be able to pay attention to the road while thinking about Bones. =)

Also, Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking is only $0.99 on the kindle right now.

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments It will be interesting to listen to NH on audio. Maybe a bit weird though (probably for the same reasons you'd drive into a ditch! :P). It would be nice if they had a nice english man to do Bones voice, like how some books have different voice actors to do different voices (or at least male/female). Although, I think I might pass out if I actually heard him say something sexy!

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Those sex scenes would definitely be interesting listening too. You wouldn't want to have the cd player going to loud if you didn't have headphones. LOL

message 5: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Darcy wrote: "Those sex scenes would definitely be interesting listening too. You wouldn't want to have the cd player going to loud if you didn't have headphones. LOL"

ahah so true!

message 6: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Darcy wrote: "Those sex scenes would definitely be interesting listening too. You wouldn't want to have the cd player going to loud if you didn't have headphones. LOL"

Lol. I like to listen to my audiobook while soaking in the tub. I hook my mp3 up to a pair of speakers and it's usually pretty loud since I like to constantly add hot water to my bath which makes a lot of noise. A couple weeks ago I was listening to Succubus Blues and I guess I wasn't expecting this kind of sex scene. It was so loud and I wasn't sure if my husband or the kids could hear, so I jumped out and stopped it, lol. I haven't listened to one while in the bath again. Not that I read that many adult type books, I mostly read YA fantasy, but still, it was weird.

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I know what you mean Carrie. I play mine through the DVD player and surround sound and then can clean and do other things while listening. It isn't so bad in the winter, but come summer and all the windows and doors are open I have to be careful what I put in. LOL

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (wildcherry) How was the Narrator in Succubus Blues?

message 9: by Heather (new)

My CD player in my car broke so I gave up on the audios. I tried it because I have the urge to read while driving. I always put my books in the trunk to take away the temptation.

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Reading and driving would not be a good thing. If you have a mp3 player you could get an adapter and do audio books that way.

message 11: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments She was ok. I'd say about average.

message 12: by Heather (new)

I have an mp3 player, but it doesn't work for books on tape. It plays all the sections that start with a number 1 first, then the number 2's. It never goes 1 2 3... It's screwy. =)

message 13: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Heather wrote: "I have an mp3 player, but it doesn't work for books on tape. It plays all the sections that start with a number 1 first, then the number 2's. It never goes 1 2 3... It's screwy. =)"

Oh, I had one that did that. You have to change the numbers so they go from 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 07, 008, 009, 010, 011, etc... Otherwise it will play 1, 11, 110...

message 14: by Heather (new)

I did that, but it was on something that wouldn't let me reformat. The stupid thing takes the original name for some reason and doesn't accept them even if I've renamed the files.
It was something my mother bought me as a gift. I wouldn't have picked it out. I should get a new one, but I don't use them enough to justify it. Maybe I'll put my old shower radio in the car. That'd be funny.

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (wildcherry) When i was a teenager i rode around with a boombox in my back seat because my radio didn't work...LOL

message 16: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Yeah, you have to go in and change the tags too. You have to go into the properties and do it I think. My mp3 player or phone is with me at all times. I love listening to audiobooks while doing dishes, vacuuming, folding laundry, etc...

message 17: by Heather (new)

Jasmine, prepare to jump up and down and if you didn't already know...

Cassandra Clare did sell the rights to her books to be made into movies and they are working on a screenplay. Although nothing will be official until the studios decide to actually use the screenplay, the thought seems to be that a movie should surface around 2012. Obviously, that's if things go as planned. Things can get put on a back burner or sped up. (Remember MTV sold Twilight and everyone dropped out of the funding. If Summit hadn't taken the chance and backed it independently - something they'd never done before - it never would have been made.)

Also, Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol and J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit are planned for release in 2012.

message 18: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Heather wrote: "Jasmine, prepare to jump up and down and if you didn't already know...

Eh? Lol, jump up and down for what? I'm confused, because we were talking about MP3's and whatnot...what should I be excited about? =/

message 19: by Heather (new)

Keep reading... City of Bones should be a movie soon.

message 20: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments ooh, ahah I didn't realize that you were talking about the paragraph below that sentence. (I'm odd)

I'm excited for that, as long as they don't kill it...like I think that Twilight was horrible, and I haven't watched the movie Blood and Chocolate, but I hear that it didn't stay with the story line at all...I always get worried when I hear that a book is going to be made into a movie because a lot of the time the movie is such a big let down...

message 21: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments After having quite a lot of my favorite books turned into movies, I have learned to take the movies for what they are: a new visual take on the stories I love. I used to compare them (and yes, I still do it, sometimes I can't help it) to the point where I picked the entire movie apart, but then I learned to appreciate another extension of the books heart.

Actually, I prefer the Lord of the Rings movies to the books. The same with A Walk To Remember. Mostly though, the books always kick the movies a$$. I love the Potter movies, even though I miss seeing some of my favorite moments left out or changed. I also love the Twilight movies, but I HATE the costume and makeup in both films! What is up with the wigs and makeup? Seriously. And Edward dresses nice in the books, he doesn't look like an average Joe. LOVED the wolves in NM though. They rocked and the part with them hunting Victoria was great.

I just pray that when TMI is casted that they choose wisely. If Jace is not "Jace" it will be horrible. I soooo have that Alex dude in my mind now for Jace since he is what most people use in vids and fanart. So it will be hard to see somebody else play him.

message 22: by Heather (last edited Mar 08, 2010 09:37AM) (new)

Carrie - I liked the dress was a little better in New Moon, but the wigs were bad. That stupid blue coat in Twilight drove me crazy. Well, both blue coats I guess.

As for LOTR, I thought the first book and movie were both equally great. The other two movies I loved too, but not as much.

message 23: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I really didn't like Bella's dress in Twilight, the one she wore for prom. It imagined something COMPLETELY different.

message 24: by Heather (new)

I think they got it at the last minute if I remember from them talking in the features. It was like a 20 dollar dress.And when I said dress I just meant clothes. Apparently I destroyed that sentence by combining two trains of thought together and then not going back to edit it before posting.

message 25: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments loll. Yea, it looked really cheap. I think they should've done much better. I have clothes in my own closet that look better -_-

message 26: by Heather (new)

Well, the first movie didn't exactly have a decent budget. They did everything cheap.

message 27: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments True, but still. I think they could've done a much better job with the budget they had. I have seen some REALLY cute dresses that have been on sale for about $20 that they could've easily used. Oh well, it's done with now. :)

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (wildcherry) For those who like True Blood the official start of the third season is June 13. They will start showing the re runs of Season 2 starting March 21 @ 8pm!

message 29: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I wish that I had the pay cable channels. I wait for DVD's of this one. Still waiting to get season 2 from the library. They didn't have season 1 and had to get them from Blockbuster.

message 30: by Heather (new)

Yeah! We never had HBO, but my husband just got it. Thanks for the info Steph. I was getting ready to go searching for any new information and you saved me time.

message 31: by Jasmine (last edited Mar 20, 2010 07:51AM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I don't know how long this has been released, but I just found out about it, so in case you didn't know, that cover for Beautiful Darkness is out! (The second book in The Caster Chronicles series).

I don't know how to put pictures in a review, so here's the link for it- http://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/7...

message 32: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (wildcherry) Thanks for the update!

message 33: by Heather (new)

FYI: The new Succubus book is a soft release so you can order it from the University Bookstore (same one from the Succubus books) if you'd like. She's signing copies if you want them and then they're being sent out as she finishes them. Just read her instructions if you're interested. http://blue-succubus.livejournal.com/... If you order a second book that you've been craving you'll get free shipping since it'll put you over the 20 dollar mark.

message 34: by Heather (new)

Chapter 1 of Burned is out on P.C.'s blog.

message 35: by Jasmine (last edited Apr 01, 2010 03:48PM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Stephenie Meyer's The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: an Eclipse Novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner an Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer will be coming out June 5, 2010. It is the backstory to Bree, a character introduced in Eclipse.

I'm actually a little annoyed about this book. I wish she would just let the series go, I feel like she's milking it for all it's worth. I know some people will be ecstatic about the release of the back story to Bree, but I'm not really interested in it. I'm not sure if I will read it or not...I don't see myself ever buying it though.

I know Meyer doesn't know if she will ever finish Midnight Sun, and she was upset over the leak of the partial draft, but still, I'd much rather her finish writing that then write a story on Bree.

One dollar will go to the Red Cross for every book sold, so that's nice. I just think Meyer needs to move on, or finish Midnight Sun. This book seems so random...when I saw it all I thought was "wtf?"

message 36: by Angela (new)

Angela B I want her to finish midnight sun really badly!

message 37: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments The cover was revealed for Crescendo, the sequel to Hush, Hush.

Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick . It is amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on it in November.

message 38: by Heather (new)

Is it bad to say that I liked the temporary cover better?

message 39: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Ahaha, nah it's just your opinion. :)

Wasn't the temporary cover just a cover with some feathers that said "coming out...", or something like that?

I like this one more, lol.

message 40: by Heather (new)

Ya, i just liked the feathers. It felt like it tied in well with the first book.

message 41: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Oh, lol, I think that this cover is a great tie in :) I like how she's holding a red feather, and that's the only colorful thing on the cover.

message 42: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I LOVE STEPHAN! Just thought I'd get that out there ;)

message 43: by Heather (new)

The Fallen movie was apparently an ABC Family special. Apparently it's based on some series called THE FALLEN, not FALLEN - which is what it advertised on the back. Cheesy, but if you like ABC family movies then watch it. If not, steer clear. I guess there's 3 parts, but I'm missing the middle of the series.

message 44: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Oh good! I was going to be disappointed if it was for Fallen the recent book. Since it was only optioned last year, I didn't see any way it could have been finished unless it was super duper low budget.

message 45: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 8 comments Steph D (Cherry) wrote: "How was the Narrator in Succubus Blues?"

I found the narrator to be really good!

message 46: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I've heard of those movies but never got around to watching them. . .=/

message 47: by Heather (new)

They're not good. It's the typical ABC Family movie. I'd watch it if it were that or infomercials, but I'd sooner watch reruns of MASH or something.

message 48: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I do like some of their movies, such as Beauty and the Briefcase. I agree though, usually they aren't all that good.

message 49: by Heather (new)

There are some that are bad movies, but we love them anyway. If they're entertaining we can overlook the horrible directing and editing. The angels make you want to laugh in this one. Every time they try to fly you're trying not lose it. They didn't have enough money to make the special effects worth it. Stephan is cute so you could probably handle it. (What is that boys real name?)

message 50: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Stephan Salvatore, from the Vampire Diaries, is Paul Wesley. You said that he was in Fallen, right?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6