All Things Jim Butcher discussion

Codex Alera: US covers vs UK

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Haney (haneyg) | 40 comments Mod
Okay, so Jim Butcher is my favorite author with the Dresden Files and the epic Codex of Alera. I've always marveled at the awesome cover art on his books, especially for the Alera series.

I recently stumbled upon this article:

http://lurvalamode.wordpress.com/2009...

And my jaw dropped at the cover art for the UK versions of the books. Now, I have never before imported books to the US, nor would I ever have considered buying alternate versions of books that I already own. But in this special case, I gave into my momentary impulse buy and ordered all 6 books from Amazon.uk. Yes, that was expensive, but I don't mind that much since this is such a great series anyway.

I'm just wondering if anyone else here also agrees that the UK covers beat the US?

message 2: by Adam (new)

Adam Haskew | 2 comments yeah i agree with you, being in australia we tend to get both the us and uk versions of books and given the choise i did go with the uk ones, that was untill FLF came out and i could only get the us hard cover till i think march this year, but i couldn't wait that long. i still will get the uk paperback when it comes out to complete the set.