The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 10.3 (The Luck Of The Irish)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (pandoraphoebesmom) | 1378 comments 10.3 - The Luck Of The Irish
In Honor of St. Patrick's Day (March 17) read a book with...
A.An Author by the name of Patrick, Pat, or Patricia.
OR
B. A Main Character by the name of Patrick, Pat, or Patricia.

If you need suggestions OR have suggestions for books to read for this task post them here.

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1314 comments I am going to read Life Is a Verb: 37 Days to Wake Up, Be Mindful, and Live Intentionally. My mom was childhood friends with the author's husband and I have read her blog. She is an amazing writer and very inspiring.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 1049 comments I think i am going to read Where Roses Grow Wild by Patricia Cabot.

message 5: by Jenny (last edited Feb 17, 2010 05:50PM) (new)

Jenny (jennyauer) | 0 comments I'm curious if Fitzpatrick or Patterson?

message 7: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1136 comments Kathryn wrote: "I think i am going to read Where Roses Grow Wild by Patricia Cabot."

I was thinking Patricia Cabot as well...

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 1049 comments Sara ♥ wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "I think i am going to read Where Roses Grow Wild by Patricia Cabot."

I was thinking Patricia Cabot as well... "

Sara, I think we have a lot of the same taste. A lot of the time I see your picks and I'm like "Oh, yeah, that is good" or "Oh, that looks good!"

message 9: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (pandoraphoebesmom) | 1378 comments Jenilyn wrote: "I'm curious if Fitzpatrick or Patterson?
"

Fitzpatrick yes - Patterson as a first name yes/last name no.

message 12: by Sara ♥ (last edited Feb 18, 2010 09:14AM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1136 comments Kathryn wrote: "Sara ♥ wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "I think i am going to read Where Roses Grow Wild by Patricia Cabot."

I was thinking Patricia Cabot as well... "

Sara, I think we have a lot of the same taste. A lot of the time I see your picks and I'm like "Oh, yeah, that is good" or "Oh, that looks good!" "

Hmmm.... Have you posted your plan yet? ;)

EDIT: A ha! Found it!

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie Patricia wrote: "Patricia Gaffney
Patricia Highsmith
Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman
Patricia Wood"

Patricia, good call on the Krakauer! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (pandoraphoebesmom) | 1378 comments Fiona (Titch) wrote: "Is Viaduct Child ok?"

Yes

message 15: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Cynthia wrote: "Fiona (Titch) wrote: "Is Viaduct Child ok?"

Yes"

Thanks x

message 16: by Rach (new)

Rach (rachlovestv) | 263 comments One of my favorite authors is Patricia C. Wrede. I plan on reading Snow White And Rose Red for this challenge, but I read Thirteenth Child for the last challenge and loved it, and if you never read her Enchanted Forest series, it is great fun!

message 17: by Krista (new)

Krista (kacey14) Jon Krakauer just wrote a book about Pat Tillman that would work for the challenge: Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman

On a lighter note, there's always Pat of Silver Bush or Mistress Pat by L.M. Montgomery

message 18: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 2054 comments How about Patrice as in Owl in Love by Patrice Kindl? I'm thinking yes, but let me know if it's a no.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.