The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
132 views
OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 5.4 (In The News)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthia (last edited Feb 17, 2010 10:05AM) (new)

Cynthia (PandoraPhoebesMom) | 1378 comments 5.4 - In The News
For this task, read a book mentioned in a former or current Goodreads Newsletter.
NEWSLETTERS

If you need suggestions OR have suggestions for books to read for this task post them here.


message 2: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) I'm going to read Then We Came to the End from the January Newsletter. Is that ok?


message 3: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (PandoraPhoebesMom) | 1378 comments Fiona (Titch) wrote: "I'm going to read Then We Came to the End from the January Newsletter. Is that ok?"
As long as it is mentioned or pictured in a newsletter it counts.



Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) | 467 comments What if an author is mentioned? Can we read one of their books?


message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim | 166 comments I'm going to read Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella


message 6: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (PandoraPhoebesMom) | 1378 comments Sarah wrote: "What if an author is mentioned? Can we read one of their books?"
It should be a specific book not just an author.



message 7: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Cynthia wrote: "Fiona (Titch) wrote: "I'm going to read Then We Came to the End from the January Newsletter. Is that ok?"
As long as it is mentioned or pictured in a newsletter it counts.
"


Mentioned in the newsletter.


message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1202 comments Kim wrote: "I'm going to read Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella"

Bless you! I was trying to fit that in. I am going to use it for this Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage to 25.3 since it just squeaks in (published Jan 5, 2010)!


message 9: by Deedee (last edited Feb 19, 2010 05:55PM) (new)

Deedee | 1802 comments In the February 2010 Newletter, there is an interview with Chris Bohjalian. If you click on "Read the full interview » ", Chris Bohjalian mentions many books. He mentions the following that he wrote: Before You Know Kindness, Skeletons at the Feast, The Double Bind, Secrets of Eden, Midwives. Plus, he mentions the following novels that he did not write: The Lovely Bones, The Kite Runner, The Great Gatsby, The Da Vinci Code Outliers, Anna Karenina, and Fly by Wire.

My question: would all of those books fit the task? The books aren't in the initial newletter, but are all mentioned once the reader clicks "Read the full interview » ". Thanks!


message 10: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (PandoraPhoebesMom) | 1378 comments Deedee wrote: "In the February 2010 Newletter, there is an interview with Chris Bohjalian. If you click on "Read the full interview » ", Chris Bohjalian mentions many books. He mentions the following that he wr..."
Only what's in the newsletter itself.



message 11: by Claire (last edited Mar 29, 2010 07:08AM) (new)

Claire (proud-mum) | 1022 comments Matilda is in the Never Ending Quiz section of Novembers newsletter, is that suitable for this task?


back to top
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.