Authors Without A Yacht (AWaY) discussion

Booksellers we recommend > FICTIONWISE

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rowena, Group Owner (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 685 comments Mod
Joe said:

The best ebook bookseller that I know of is http://www.fictionwise.com Depending on whether you have an ereader and which brand you might try Amazon for Kindle, Sony for a Sony, and Barnes and Noble for a nook.

message 2: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 24 comments Mod
You can also buy multiformat books at fictionwise, that can be loaded onto your brand of eReader. I love portable books.

message 3: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 93 comments Mod
The only problem with Fictionwise is that a lot of great publishers aren't on there. Two of my current crop of six qualify and have been trying for 7 months or more to get added there, and no luck. Publishers that are already there are golden with adding new books and authors, but getting new publishers up there has nearly come to a standstill since B&N purchased FW. I'll add some other outlets to new threads in a minute.

message 4: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 24 comments Mod
I was going to say, since the buyout...and adding new releases from small presses has slowed down, while major pub releases has sped up. And they are closing down the fictionwise yahoo loop, moving it all to B&N board. I understand why they sold it, but it makes me sad. We need independent distributors, too.