Save the Earth discussion

Olympics

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie♥ (HoodiesGirl) | 167 comments Mod
I love the Olympics! But does anyone else think it's sort of wrong to actually create snow? Thats not the big problem i'm thinking about though. I enjoy watching the olympics whenever it's time, but recently I read an article about some protestors and in a way I think they're right. They were protesting about how so much money is spent on preparing for the olympics and the whole new equipment when people all around the world are still starving and suffering from AIDS and such. Any comments?

message 2: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) | 236 comments Mod
Well, I heard that they not only made snow, but trucked in some from New England in the US.

Well, I think that there are a lot of things that shouldn't have so much money spent on them (campaigns for one). And yes I do think that too much is spent on the Olympics, but I also think that the Olympics are important. It strangthens relations through friendly competition. It's really amazing and something that is just plain wonderful, even during times of war. My opinion is that we should spend a little less, but not cutting down too much that the Olympics are not going to happen.