2. Arabella Weir - Does My Bum Look Big in This 6/10
3. Anonymous - The Book With No Name 6/10
4. Sebastian Barry - The Secret Scripture 9/10
5. Agatha Christie - Murder on the Orient Express 9/10
6. Christie Dickason - The Firemaster's Mistress 10/10
7. Roger John Ellory - A Quiet Belief in Angels 10/10

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) 8. Karen Joy Fowler - The Jane Austen Book Club 4/10

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo How was the book with no name? I've got that one my shelf at home.

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) Jo wrote: "How was the book with no name? I've got that one my shelf at home."

I didn't enjoy it but then it's not really my cup of tea. Very fast moving so q quick read, but it felt like quickly put together by loads of people...I gave it 6/10 but mostly because it wasn't bad enough to abbandon it...
Depends what you're into - if you like shooting, blood and weir charakters than you might like it...
Hope this helps Jo...

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo Sorry to hear that you didn't love it. I will have to see how it goes. Thanks!

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) Jo wrote: "Sorry to hear that you didn't love it. I will have to see how it goes. Thanks!"

Hope you like it Jo - I don'twant to put you off - it's aquired taste.

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) 9. The Saddest Girl In The World by Cathy Glass 10/10

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) 10. Crazy As Chocolate by Elizabeth Hyde 07/10

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) 11. The World According to Garp by John Irving 10/10

message 10: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments Glad to see you enjoyed the John Irving, I've got The Cider House Rules on my to be read list for this year, I hope it's as good!

message 11: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) Em wrote: "Glad to see you enjoyed the John Irving, I've got The Cider House Rules on my to be read list for this year, I hope it's as good!"

I loved the book and I also really loved The Cider House Rules - hope you like it!!!

message 12: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) 12. Vince & Joy by Lisa Jewell 08/10

message 13: by Jirinka (sony08) (last edited Apr 01, 2010 12:49AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3625 comments I have The Poisonwood Bible to read one day!

message 15: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) It'sreally good Lynne - hope you enjoy it.

message 21: by Jirinka (sony08) (last edited May 07, 2010 02:04PM) (new)

message 22: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) 21. The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold
22. Chasing Daisy by Page Toon

message 26: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) 28. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters - excellent book 10/10

message 27: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments I whole-heartedly agree with your rating for Fingersmith - I loved it!

message 28: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) Em wrote: "I whole-heartedly agree with your rating for Fingersmith - I loved it!"

Thanks Em - It was my first by Sarah Waters and I read it in three days (and it is not a small book). I loved it so much....I have Night Watch at home as well and will read that after my current book.

message 29: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments I've got The Night Watch but not read it yet, will do soon though. I also loved Tipping the Velvet, it is set in Victorian age and based around the music halls of the day.

message 30: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) Em wrote: "I've got The Night Watch but not read it yet, will do soon though. I also loved Tipping the Velvet, it is set in Victorian age and based around the music halls of the day."

Sounds great. I will get look out for it. She is a brilliant writer. I heard a lot a good about her, but always like to make my own mind up and this one didn't dissapoint.

message 31: by Liz, Moderator (new)

Liz | 3456 comments Mod
Jirinka (sony08) wrote: "28. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters - excellent book 10/10"

I'm with you there, Fingersmith is great - it was my first Sarah Waters experience and I raced through it too - very readable, lots of twists and turns....

I like the sound of Affinity it's on my TBRlist....

Haven't read Tipping the Velvet, but saw the series - caused quite a stir on the BBC at the time..... (Diana Rigg's daughter was one of the leads - I don't think mother approved!!!)

message 32: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) Liz wrote: "Jirinka (sony08) wrote: "28. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters - excellent book 10/10"

I'm with you there, Fingersmith is great - it was my first Sarah Waters ..."

LOL - I haven't seen the series but have heard of it and would actually like to see it - but will read the book first. Well I am readina Chick-lit now which I think is a quick read and then I'll get my teeth stuck into Night Watch!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Not sure if a male is allowed to chip in here, but I read Night Watch last year and found it both enjoyable and poignant.

message 34: by Liz, Moderator (new)

Liz | 3456 comments Mod
Another one to go on the TBR list then ;)

message 35: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments Yeah, keep adding them to the list! I'll be lucky to reach the end of mine, even if I live to be 100!

message 36: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) Male is allowed here and thanks for the input. I will read it next as everyone seems to like it it had to go to the top of my list.

EM: MY TBR list used to be about ten books and since joining ReadItSwapIt and Bookmooch and Goodreads it's now 270 books.There is just too many books and not enough book shelves!!! Or money!!!

message 38: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) 30. The Night Watch by Sarah Waters
The Night Watch by Sarah Waters 8/10 - brilliant book, but for me not as good as Fingersmith and that's why it's not a ten. Very enjoyable read thought - and I did share a tear...

message 39: by Jirinka (sony08) (new)

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) 31. Fiona Neil - The Secret Life of a Yummy Mummy
32. Jodi Picoult - Perfect Match
33. Tess Stimpson - The Craddle Snatcher
34. Cecelia Ahern - A Plce Called Here
35. Phillipa Gregory - Perfectly Correct
36. Virginia M. Axline - Dibs; In Search of Self