Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Group Read Discussions > A Kiss Before the Apocolypse is our 4/1 book!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (last edited Feb 22, 2010 02:37PM) (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
It's that time again... actually I think I'm a little late =/

Our theme for our 4/1 group read will be a P.I. Theme (detective, private eye, sleuth)

Timeline:
*Nominate your book through the 23rd
*Voting in the polls through the 1st
*We'll know on the 3/2 what our 4/1 book will be so everyone should have a month to get a hold of it and we'll read it together in March.

Rules for submissions:
1. One recommendation per member
2. The book needs to still be in print & readily available.
3. Needs to fit the PI Theme

1. Black Magic Woman
2. Blood Price
3. The Good Die Twice
4. A Kiss Before the Apocalypse: A Remy Chandler Novel

message 2: by Elena (new)

Elena I have had these book for a while so I would like to nominate it Black Magic Woman by Justin Gustainis

message 3: by Shanon (new)

I'm going to nominate Blood Price. It was nominated last month and looks really good.

message 6: by Chrissy315 (new)

Chrissy315 Jones | 10 comments I like to nominate Greywalker by Kat Richardson.

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Since Julia already nominated Remy Chandler I'll nominate Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1) by Simon R. Green .

message 9: by Shanon (new)

The poll is up and running. Be sure to vote for the book you want to read in April together.

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/30...

There's also a fun poll for fav. series. Be sure to check it out as well

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/30...

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (lifeasabooknerd) Am I too late??? I ALWAYS miss the noms here!!!

Already Dead (Joe Pitt Casebooks, #1)
by Charlie Huston

message 11: by Shanon (new)

Already Dead is a great book! I'm finishing up the last one in the series right now. You should totally read it Michelle, I think you'll like it.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (lifeasabooknerd) I'm going to, for sure. I think I'm going to start a buddy read on it, actually. But I need to be realistic about when I'll be reading it. :)

message 13: by Shanon (new)

Somehow I've missed a couple of days... I can't believe it's the 3rd of March already!!!

Our 4/1 book will be:

A Kiss Before the Apocalypse

I've had this one on my To Read list for a little while now... can't wait to read it with everyone!

message 14: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Good to know! I read it awhile ago, but look forward to discussing it!

message 15: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly_l) | 21 comments Yeah, ya'll got me so excited about all these books I've been finding through some of these threads that I ran to Amazon today and ordered several books, one of them being this one So I will be ready to go for this April discussion. :)

message 16: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly_l) | 21 comments Okay...I got the book. I don't know if I'll be starting it exactly on April 1st (I'm in the middle of Soulless) but I will be reading it along with everyone. Everyone IS reading it right?

message 17: by Shanon (new)

I am! I'll start up a roll call soon and we'll get a better idea just how many people will be reading it with us.

message 18: by Brandi (new)

Brandi I'm new to the group, but I think this is great! A group read is definately something I'm up for...count me in--I'll be ready!

message 19: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly_l) | 21 comments YAY! I'm excited to have reading buddies!!!! I'll be looking for the thread Shanon! Thanks!

message 20: by Julia (new)

Julia | 119 comments I read it in October. I'm up for rereading!