The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) The Bronze Horseman discussion

Similar Titles

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carly (new)

Carly I loved the beginning of "The Bronze Horseman." LOVED IT. But the graphic sex scenes kind of turned me off. I didn't even finish the book, though I loved the characters so much that I was miserable about it. Can anyone recommend some similar titles that don't have so much sex in them? I know we're all adults and sex is a natural, beautiful part of life, but I'm not interested in reading about it in novels. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I especially love world war II and historical fiction and romance.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart. I don't think they even kiss. =)

It's in World War 1 though. Also Five Star Affair by Payton Lee (I don't like her writing at all), but this one was pretty good. There are some sex scenes in it, but not like TBH!

I too, love WW2 romance. Let me know if you find any good ones!

Rika I suggest you finish it, really . REALLY. It's so amazing in the end. I agree that Simon's puts in a lot of sex scenes and friends that read it always say why is there so much pointless sex. It's not pointless and when I first read it was hard for me too get past it too but when you finish the series you understand that it is an integral part of their relationship.Don't give up on such an amazing book because of something like that. Just skip over them :)

Vanessa Haldane I loved the sex scenes! It s such an important part in their relationship (you will discover this in the other two books)albeit a little unrealisitc at times

Thom Swennes Carly wrote: "I loved the beginning of "The Bronze Horseman." LOVED IT. But the graphic sex scenes kind of turned me off. I didn't even finish the book, though I loved the characters so much that I was miserab..."

Try Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor. It was published eons ago (1944) and originally band in many states. When I read it I was struck with the change in literary morals. The book alludes to sex and leaves the details to the reader. My parents must have had a vivid imagination to have their generation put a ban on this work. I reluctantly agree with your assessment of The Bronze Horseman but can only say that, spread over the entire book, it serves its purpose. You must remember that Alexander had only a month before he had to return to Leningrad (without Tatiana). How else could they cram a life of love into so short of space? I would strongly recommend to you to pick up the book again, scan through the erotica if you must, and continue a truly inspiring love story. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

Ysawv Simons explained that the erotica part of the book is necessary, so the reader is able to understand what happens next. This book is so human, that's is scary, only having the ups you can survive the lows. This is a theme with Simons. Although, I also skip some parts of the erotica narration, but is what makes this book different. It is an adult book, I agree. If had read it in my early 20s, I would have not finished.

Aimee I'm 650 pages in an I don't think I can finish it...... I loved it up until Dasha's end and then it tanks. No ones life has so much prolonged intensity. It's exhausting!!!

Thom Swennes Hold on for just a bit longer........and a new (and less depressing) world will open up to you.

Melissa Aimee wrote: "I'm 650 pages in an I don't think I can finish it...... I loved it up until Dasha's end and then it tanks. No ones life has so much prolonged intensity. It's exhausting!!!"

It picks up and the end is pretty amazing too. Don't give up it is sooo worth it!

Jennie Bologna Finish it!!! You won't be disappointed. There is still unfinished business to deal with.