Islam discussion

Child's Koran?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharie (new)

Sharie I am hoping someone can help me.
I am not a Muslim, but my husband is. I have been reading the Children's Torah and Children's Bible with my 6 year old son and he loves them. I was hoping to get him a children's Koran, but no matter how hard I look, I can't seem to find one. Does anyone know where (or IF) I can find a child's Koran written in simple language to promote his understanding?

message 2: by Aysha (new)

Aysha (ayshabkhan) Um, I'm not certain, but you might be able to find something here: http://store.alislam.org/index.html
Look under "Children's Books", they might have something. I'll look around, maybe find something for you.

message 3: by Sharie (new)

Sharie Thanks so much for the help! I will start looking around today and get one ordered.

message 4: by Sharie (new)

Sharie I actually found a wonderful child's Koran! It is called "My First Quran" and my son loves it!

message 5: by Sharie (new)

Sharie No worry - I get that question all the time! My father is Jewish and my mother is Christian. I was brought up both. So when I married my husband, we decided that he should know something of all of the faiths that were a part of us. Being able to read the religious texts in a simplified form so that he can understand them really helps! :)

message 6: by Sharie (new)

Sharie That is very true! I just wish more people realized that!