Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Just for Fun > MIND BOGGLING and OVERLOAD

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Feb 16, 2010 09:44PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic HEHE! That's great Bluemoon. This is a great group. I don't have ANY avid reader friends and I am more than grateful for the genre fans I found on GR, and the groups we have formed.

message 2: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Glad you found us Bluemoon!

message 3: by Rosalie (new)

Rosalie Sambuco Most of my friends ask me for book recommendations (which I freely give - sometimes without being asked) This website is perfect for me to find others with the same reading interests. I have been a member for a short time and already have discovered many books that I NEED to read.

message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly I'm have friends that read but aren't AVID readers. My fiancee is the one I recommend all my books to even though I'm just easing him back into the whole reading thing. I always talk to him about books and he always listens... now if the rest of my friends would.... =]

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Neal | 16 comments I am always amazed how people can NOT read avidly! I find that I have more and more friends who are avid readers and we are frequently sharing books!

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) Sandy wrote: "I am always amazed how people can NOT read avidly! I find that I have more and more friends who are avid readers and we are frequently sharing books!"

My little sister is the only person in my entire family who doesn't read... It literally depresses me. I've tried everything!

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 411 comments This is mind boggling - I went to Barnes and Nobel on Saturday and didn't buy one thing. In fact my friends and I were chatting as we left and one offered to call my brother and report to him. To find out if he wanted to put it on the calendar. The only reason my brother cares is because I live with him and his family - my books take up his office space!! :)

message 8: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
I actually walked into Borders with a coupon and walked out empty handed. I actually stuck to my shopping list. My goal was to get Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here by Christine Warren which was supposed to come out Nov. 2, but neither of the Borders in my area has it yet. That is REALLY annoying, lately they have not had a book I am looking for when it is supposed to be out. Has that happened to you much or is just my area?

message 9: by Carys (new)

Carys (stargazr) | 2 comments Tiffany wrote: "This is mind boggling - I went to Barnes and Nobel on Saturday and didn't buy one thing. In fact my friends and I were chatting as we left and one offered to call my brother and report to him. To..."
That is amazing - how did you do that? I can't even walk past book shops without some how ending up buying something!

message 10: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 411 comments Carys wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "This is mind boggling - I went to Barnes and Nobel on Saturday and didn't buy one thing. In fact my friends and I were chatting as we left and one offered to call my brother and re..."

I still haven't figured out how I did it. The only reasoning is - I am paying off some bills, so I will have more disposable funds!! :) When I told my sister she said I am sorry and I could repent for that later...

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i actually got in and out of borders the other day without buying anything either...in fact, I've started a GR shelf that is called my "to-buy-when-not-broke" shelf...that I can add books that look interesting but I can't afford right now

message 12: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot Bluemoon wrote: "i had to put a thread up because this group is just so darn amazing! I felt so out of place since none of my friends do a lot of reading. So this group is just the best where I can tell what i boug..."

All my book pals are online! Who needs the real world anyway...

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin Germain (demiguise) | 97 comments I have one friend who is as much of an avid reader as I am, but we don't have many common interests. Still, we both understand the need to talk about THE book we just finished and HAVE to rave about.

My family and friends have long understood my need for books, so they just smile tolerantly.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Christine Warren (other topics)