Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Individual Book Discussions > The Clique!(GUYS WILL NOT LIKE THIS SERIES)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments I've never read them, but I don't think I'd like them...

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments This is exactly the type of book that bugs me. I hate school drama books.

message 3: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments i'm waiting for TBAMFS. lolz. i like the prequel a lot, i really learned some stuff about the PC that I never knew before :P

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "This is exactly the type of book that bugs me. I hate school drama books. "

Me too. Hence the reason I haven't read them.

message 5: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments lolz. i don't mind them, but they aren't my favorite to read. i think part of it was Lisi Harrison's writing style that got me hooked on the series

message 6: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments yeah, i know. i still haven't read it either

message 7: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments lolz. i have to buy my own copy- none of my friends are reading much of Lisi's. my bestie used o be reading The Clique, but she gave up around Dial L

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

mabye I will mabye I won't who ae you to decide

message 9: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments lolz. it's just from experience. the series is written for teen girls and, unless the guy is gay, most wont like it (not trying to be mean and exclude you from the topic. :D )

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I know I bet my friend I could actually read it with my sanity intact after so I have to prepare

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber wrote: "Yeah. Same. I need to get Alphas, too. Although I didn't paticularly like Sky too much....(just saying)"
I have Alphas, if you want to borrow it. I didn't think I'd like it either(because of Skye, too) but it's actually really good.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

My friends say I'm like Massie, except not mean. haha.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite book of the series is The Pretty Comittee Strikes Back. what are y'alls?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber wrote: "Kendall wrote: "Amber wrote: "Yeah. Same. I need to get Alphas, too. Although I didn't paticularly like Sky too much....(just saying)"
I have Alphas, if you want to borrow it. I didn't think ..."

sure just tell me you want it:)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber wrote: "Kendall wrote: "My favorite book of the series is The Pretty Comittee Strikes Back. what are y'alls?"

Dial L! Or the prequal."

I haven't read the prequel yet. it's too expensive in hardback:P

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

haha okay thanks:) I'm not ready yet haha

message 17: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Amber wrote: "Kendall wrote: "My favorite book of the series is The Pretty Comittee Strikes Back. what are y'alls?"

Dial L! Or the prequal."

i like the prequel a lot too. PCSB is good too

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I like PCSB because they are not in Westchester, I think the camp is cool:)

message 19: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments lolz. dial L, the prequel, and PCSB are all in competition for my faves. :D

message 20: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (musicfreak) | 41 comments What is it basically about? I've never read it

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I thought they were pretty juvenile. They had no point, nothing the author was trying to say.

message 22: by Diana (last edited Feb 23, 2010 11:48AM) (new)

Diana a couple weeks ago at the bookstore i was skimming through the clique. as lauren said, there doesn't really seem to be a point to the it. it's just a bunch of girls fighting for popularity.

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Gossip Girl is the same way, except with a lot more sex.

message 24: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments i've only read the first one, and i didn't like it very much. lolz

*Mrs. Brightside* Are any of you guys reading the new ones??

message 26: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments I read 'These Boots'. And now I'm not so sure I want to stick the series out. I'll read the next one (My Little Phony), but if it's as bad as 'These Boots', I see no reason to keep with it for several books to come.

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole8808) | 199 comments I love these books, except for "These Boots". I dunno, I didn't like it.

*Mrs. Brightside* I didnt read that book yet, and know I dont know if I want too!

message 29: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaener) | 258 comments It's not my favorite genre but I think I'll give the first few a chance to see if I like 'em :)

message 30: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaener) | 258 comments I just tried to google LBR and nothing useful came up :/

pleasse tell me what it means or I'll DIE lol

message 31: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaener) | 258 comments XD I'm SOO going to use that and now I'm sad because school out so can't tease my classmates XD

*Mrs. Brightside* Lol. Im now into the Alpha series..

message 33: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments I've never read Alpha's. I might switch from Clique to them My Little Phony sucks like TBAMFS did.

message 34: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments lol. okay. hahaa
I read the first chapter of MLP, and it seemed okay.....

message 35: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments i know *crosses fingers*

message 36: by Youmna (new)

Youmna the clique sounds really boring

message 37: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments yeah, the series isn't the best (see Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and Hunger Games for that), but they are pretty good.

message 38: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole8808) | 199 comments Rae*The Ultimate Percabeth Fan* wrote: "yeah, the series isn't the best (see Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and Hunger Games for that), but they are pretty good."

Agreed. It's okay, but not-not-not Harry Potter level.

message 39: by Jaiden♥ (new)

Jaiden♥  (helloimjaiden) | 301 comments I don't think anythingis Harry Potter level for you, Nicole.

message 40: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments lolz. nice, guys

message 41: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments ^_^ but of course!

message 42: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole8808) | 199 comments Amber wrote: "I love Harry Potter!!! XD"

Ooooo, me too! :)

Jaiden wrote: "I don't think anythingis Harry Potter level for you, Nicole."

Nope, I don't think so. ;)

message 43: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments lolz. it must be rated pretty high up in your mind then :)

message 44: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole8808) | 199 comments Rae*The Ultimate Percabeth Fan* wrote: "lolz. it must be rated pretty high up in your mind then :)"

Oh, most definitely. :)

message 45: by Writersblock55 (new)

Writersblock55 | 197 comments The clique books are pretty cool, a bit girly though...they're my guilty obsessions :P

message 46: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole8808) | 199 comments Same! They're not really my reading level but I love to read them anyway.

Antje གརས པཅ Parker Quit bashing These Boots Were Made For Stalking, I loved that one, and I can't wait to read My Little Phoney!

message 48: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole8808) | 199 comments Ooooookay. People can bash whatever they want to bash, you know. You can disagree with their opinions, but you can't stop them from saying them altogether. I didn't like "These Boots" or "My Little Phony", and that's okay!!

Antje གརས པཅ Parker Thats fine but you guys were going on and on about it, that I'm not fine with and "These Boots" is my favorite so far

message 50: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole8808) | 199 comments Well, all right. But people can dislike a book and discuss that with other people. And you can make your opinion that it's a really good book known.

« previous 1