Memoirs and Biographies We Love discussion

Memoirs on Adversity.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Bean (kendrae) | 1 comments Please join my group if you feel this subsection fits the type of memoirs you enjoy! My name is Kendra and I am the moderator. Please see the new post on the site asking you: "What book put you through a roller coaster of emotions?"

message 2: by RYCJ (new)

RYCJ | 10 comments Hi Kendra,

I want to say every memoir I've read has put me on this roller coaster, not all bad however, and not all taking me for the same ride.

Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time, The Black Girl Next Door: A Memoir, I'm Down: a memoir, Hope's Boy, Brother West: Living and Loving Out Loud, A Memoir, Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America, All Souls: A Family Story from Southie and The Second Tour I'd have to say probably took me for the greatest ride!!!

message 3: by John (new)

John A Brush with Darkness: Learning to Paint After Losing My Sight by Lisa Fittipaldi would be my nominee.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

One Small Sacrifice: Lost Children of the Indian Adoption Projects (2010). This is my memoir about opening my adoption and finding my natural father and our reunion. It's a true adventure and full of adversity...
One Small Sacrifice by Trace A. DeMeyer Trace A. DeMeyer

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisarosenbergsachs) | 69 comments Talking about adversity on my blog this week I am beginning to tell the stories of survivors of sex trafficking. The first story can be seen on http://Storiesofhealingrecoveryandcou...

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Mauro (pmauro2000) | 1 comments Hi, I just joined this group. I wanted to mention my own memoir that just came out. It definitely has to do with adversity but it also has to do with overcoming incredible odds and includes a great ending. If you are interested, please check out my book, "Safe from the Past: A Story of Hope, Faith and Determination" Safe from the Past A Story of Hope, Faith and Determination by Patricia Miller Mauro