Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > FUTURE KAREN MARIE MONING BOOKS

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by twinfish2 (new)

twinfish2 | 84 comments I would like some feed back regarding how others feel about future books by Karen Marie Moning. several parts to this question. 1). If she writes another series like the fever books in several parts will you buy them or borrow from the library or another source? 2). If you do will you wait to read or buy until all books are out? 3). Did the cliffhanger endings hurt your enjoyment of these books and possibly make you give them a lower rating or maybe made you stop reading them altogether? 4). Were the fever books your first books by this author? 5). How many books do you think this series really needed to have told a complete story?

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 134 comments 1. I will absolutely buy them!
2. I would buy the books as they come out.
3. The cliffhanger endings just made me read the books more than once while waiting for the next book to come out.
4. Yes.
5. I would say 4-5 books, just depends on the story.

I love the Fever series! Hands down one of the best out there.

message 3: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments I agree totally with Shannen. The Fever series is tied for number one in my favorite series. Yes, the cliffhangers were gruesome, but it is also where part of the charm is from. Sitting on edge waiting for the next one. I do think that the number of books was correct, but if Moning knew all the books would end in cliffhangers, she should have written most of them before publication so that each book would only have about a three month wait in between.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 198 comments 1. I would buy them. She is one of my favorite authors.
2. I would buy the books as they come out.
3. I'm not a fan of cliffhangers, but it didn't bother me to much. I only absolutely hate cliffhangers if its something so important I feel cheated, or if the next book isn't coming out for over a year. I don't mind waiting, but there is a limit! lol
4. No, I had bought and read most of the Highlander series before I started the Fever series.
5. 4-6 books depending on the story.

message 5: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (nwgrrl) | 55 comments 1. I would DEFINITELY buy them - they are worth re-reading again!
2. I am not patient - I won't wait to buy them!
3. Absolutely not. I finished those books with my jaw hanging, totally thrilled that they didn't end tied up in a neat little package.
4. Yes.
5. I love these characters, so I am more than willing to keep reading so long as the storyline flows along.

message 6: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (nwgrrl) | 55 comments Just out of curiosity - are you connected in some way with Karen Marie Moning?

message 7: by twinfish2 (new)

twinfish2 | 84 comments Chelle wrote: "Just out of curiosity - are you connected in some way with Karen Marie Moning?
"

No, I am in no way connected to Karen Marie Moning. I am just very unhappy with the quality of this series after book 2 and do not believe this should have been over 3 books. As a fan of her writing from her very first book, this series, and the way it was published has turned me off of ever buying one of her books ever again. I will wait to see that all books in a series is out then get from my local library. I will not encourage authors and publishing companies to continue to, in my opinion charge me over $100 dollars for what is basically one complete book. If this trend is encouraged no one will be able to afford to buy any books. Also I detest cliffhanger endings I never, never read them. They are the mark of a writer that has no concern for their fans, and are basically giving the finger to their readers.

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat | 12 comments 1. buy!
2. I wouldn't wait, it's too agonizing
3. Nope! I love it when the story just really sucks you into another world altogether, and you're so involved with the story that you just can't wait to know what happens next, it's why i love to read, and the thrilling cliffhangers are all part of the ride
4. No, I tried her highlander books first since they were independent novels; you don't have to read them in order. I just wanted to try the author out.
5. 5 is enough.

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments 1.) I am in the minority I have never purchased her books, so I would continue getting them from the library.

2) Actually I read the first two or three and decided that I would not finish them until after the series is over.

3)Cliffhangers annoy me and unless the publisher is going to put out two or three in a year I tend to forget what actually happened in the book. Hence I think I started in on the third book but I had forgotten so much I had to go back and reread the second. Anyway I think cliffhangers like hers really work well for some but for me I would rather you end the story.

4)Yes then I went back and read the highlander series which I loved.

5)I am not sure I can answer this question, if she continues to grow the story line and keep an interesting arc like connecting this series with the highlander the story back to the highlander series she could get away with more however I think for me she would need to resolve some of her plots to do so.

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindy121381) I totally hated the highlander series! worst series I have ever read AND I gave it 3 and 1/2 books just to be sure it didn't get better. I really tried to like it but I just couldn't.

The fever series is better. I have read the first 2 but didn't feel the need to get the third. I have heard fantastic things about Karen Marie Moning from other people in this group. I don't get it at all. I think maybe I just don't like the way that she writes.

message 11: by Alice (new)

Alice (thegoodqueen) | 131 comments twinfish2 wrote: "I would like some feed back regarding how others feel about future books by Karen Marie Moning. several parts to this question. 1). If she writes another series like the fever books in several part..."

1 to 3-I totally agree with Shannen!
4-I had read 6 Highlanders.
5-I can see this series go to 7.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (magickal) | 1 comments twinfish2 wrote: "Chelle wrote: "Just out of curiosity - are you connected in some way with Karen Marie Moning?
"

No, I am in no way connected to Karen Marie Moning. I am just very unhappy with the quality of th..."

I think the same way you do, I do like her writing style. and the story.. thus far, and I even like series books so I have no problem reading a series that spans book after book, heck I prefer it because I read so fast but her endings drive me BONKERS either end the damn book a chapter ealier or go another chapter. I havent even goten the last one. I am waiting till she is done then Ill read them all

message 13: by Bree Cheese (new)

Bree Cheese  (bree-cheese) twinfish2 wrote: "Chelle wrote: "Just out of curiosity - are you connected in some way with Karen Marie Moning?
"

No, I am in no way connected to Karen Marie Moning. I am just very unhappy with the quality of the..."

Got to agree with you. Cliffhangers to me are a gimmick to get readers to come back and it's not necessary if you write a good enough story. I also agree that this series is really at the most three books and I have no clue why so much fluff was thrown in to stretch it out, except to make more money off books.

I really like the idea of this series and some parts are pretty entertaining. I think if it was tightened up into a trilogy with out the cheesy cliffhanger endings, the books would be even more successful then they are.