African Americans on the move Book Club discussion

What are you reading right now

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Koula (new)

Koula Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder Maria V. Snyder this is the 3rd book in a trilogy.

message 2: by Urenna (new)

Urenna Sander | 6 comments "To Live on The Wind," by Nanette Rayman Rivera. True Season of Love by Urenna Sander

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (mswinky) | 1 comments Just completed the Sins of the Mother. OMG Great book. I could not put it down. I read it in one day. Sins of the Mother: A Novel

message 4: by Christina (last edited Oct 20, 2010 01:42PM) (new)

Christina (maddblackreads) | 1 comments I just started Father Found by R.M. Johnson Father Found by R.M. Johnson... pretty good read so far.

message 5: by Revae (new)

Revae (bigbooklife) | 1 comments Unburnable by Marie Elena John - After 9 chapters of background and description, things are starting to get interesting.

message 6: by Donta (new)

Donta Morrison (dontamorrison) | 2 comments I just finished Deep Dark Secrets by Morei Robinson by Morei Robinson and it was great read! Very transparent and eye-opening story.

message 7: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 1 comments I'm reading Taken By The Others (H&W Investigations #2) by Jess Haines . Not sure what I'll read next. Maybe The Other Brother by Brandon Massey

message 8: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Gates (koolaid) | 7 comments Just finished up Going Broke (I read the second one first) loved both of them. Today I finished Bedroom Bully (was disappointed with the ending); I am now reading Tortured Soul; Immortal; and I am about to start Trophy Wife and a Fly on the Wall.

message 9: by Eve (new)

Eve B. (partyp) | 1 comments Currently The Poisonwood Bible. I need to find an urban book to read in tandem.

message 10: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (jaimeclarinet) title
An Inconvenient Friend

message 11: by Adrienna (new)

message 12: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda Moore | 3 comments Deceit and Devotion by RM Johnson

message 13: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) | 14 comments Now reading two books, one finishing and other starting.
I Can Do Better All by Myself by E.N. Joy finishing today.
Parable of the Sower / Parable of the Talents / Kindred by Octavia E. Butler (925 pages, 3 books).

message 14: by Mz. (new)

Mz. Jetson (mzjetson) Married On Mondays by Honey B

message 15: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Gates (koolaid) | 7 comments If you Dare by Adrianne Byrd and Queen of His Heart

message 16: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) | 14 comments Too many books, but reading two books at the same time: Twisted Seduction by N'Tyse and book club read Soon and Very Soon by Sherryle Kiser Jackson (second time in about 3 yrs).

message 17: by Deanna (last edited Jul 26, 2012 11:19PM) (new)

Deanna Burrell | 6 comments If you need a new book, check out my novel "Single Girl Summer." I describe as a black girl's "Sex and the City." I have great reviews on good reads. Your summer won't be complete without this book!Single Girl Summer

message 18: by Jaree (new)

Jaree Francis (metracity) | 1 comments

Free sample of the There's No Tomorrow
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 19: by Vanessa (new)

message 20: by Clifford (new)

Clifford Johnson (haveyouredspud) | 1 comments Hello, has anyone read my new novel "Kiss Me" that just released on Kindle and Nook? Just want to get some feedback. Let me hear from you.

http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-Me-ebook/d...

message 21: by Billy-jean (last edited Aug 29, 2012 07:18AM) (new)

Billy-jean | 1 comments I am reading The Pastor Wife by Reshonda Tate(please forgive me if I misspell the author name)

message 22: by Dara (new)

Dara J. (djluri) | 11 comments If you're looking for a good, thought-provoking read, check out my memoir & creative workbook for writers http://www.amazon.com/Great-Space-Des....

The E-book is free to download today & tomorrow.

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Space-Des...

message 23: by kisha (new)

kisha Incidents in the life of a slave girl by Harriet Jacobs, and Fifth Born by Zelda Lockhart

message 24: by Dara (new)

Dara J. (djluri) | 11 comments kisha wrote: "Incidents in the life of a slave girl by Harriet Jacobs, and Fifth Born by Zelda Lockhart"

I think I've read 'Incidents' but never heard of '5th Born.' Intriguing title.

message 25: by kisha (new)

kisha I think I've read 'Incidents' but never heard of '5th Born.' Intriguing title."

I just began reading it and its painfully sad, but its intriguing enough. It was in my recommendations and it got a lot of 5 starts so I said why not.

message 26: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Burrell | 6 comments Just finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Reading either Freeman or The Red Tent next.

message 27: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Burrell | 6 comments The Red Tent was fantastic. Reading Perfect Peace now. So far, so good.

message 28: by Purityd (new)

Purityd | 2 comments Nothing right now just ordered "Rebels Domain" by Fabiola Joseph. Check out "Twisted Obsession" by me P.Dotson

message 29: by Ashley (new)

Ashley S. | 1 comments We are currently reading "When Death Comes Stealing"

message 30: by *~CONN!3~ (new)

*~CONN!3~ I'm currently reading "URBAN VAMPIRE THE TURNING" by Pepper Pace

message 31: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) | 14 comments *~CONN!3~ wrote: "I'm currently reading "URBAN VAMPIRE THE TURNING" by Pepper Pace"

Never heard of this one, how is it?

message 32: by Selena (new)

Selena Haskins (booksbyselena) | 4 comments I'm reading Carl Weber, The Man in 3B A River Moves Forward by Selena Haskins

message 33: by KC (new)

KC (goodreadscomkcwashington) | 6 comments I'm reading "A story of a death fortold" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez but am about to start "The 12 tribes of Hattie."

message 34: by Enrico (new)

Enrico Downer (ricodowner) | 5 comments Currently reading the much reviewed "Brown Girl, Brownstones", the story of a West Indian girl and her troubled family living in Brooklyn, NY in the forties. Quite a lengthy read and I am past what I thought was the true climax. Excellent prose, nevertheless.

www.caribbeanfiction.com

message 35: by Selena (new)

Selena Haskins (booksbyselena) | 4 comments Finished Carl Weber The Man in 3B and it was awesome! Best book I've read in a long time- suspense, funny, mystery, drama, all wrapped in one! I loved it!

message 36: by Enrico (new)

Enrico Downer (ricodowner) | 5 comments I am currently struggling with "White Teeth" by Zadie Smith. Not that it is not a really funny and gripping story in parts, but that it is so bloody long and the chapters shoot off in different directions. A clashing of cultures in post-war England. Who else has read this epic?

www.caribbeanfiction.com

message 37: by KC (new)

KC (goodreadscomkcwashington) | 6 comments I loved White Teeth and all her other books although not as fond of the new one N.W. still a wonderful writer. Getting ready to start Marquez' melancoly whores.

message 38: by Enrico (new)

Enrico Downer (ricodowner) | 5 comments "Why the caged bird sings" by Maya Angelou. Can't believe I am now getting around to reading this gem of a book.

message 39: by Enrico (new)

Enrico Downer (ricodowner) | 5 comments K.C. wrote: "I loved White Teeth and all her other books although not as fond of the new one N.W. still a wonderful writer. Getting ready to start Marquez' melancoly whores."

"Why the caged bird sings" by Maya Angelou. Can't believe I am now getting around to reading this gem of a book.

message 40: by *~CONN!3~ (new)

*~CONN!3~ i just finished BLIND EVIDENCE....all I can say is 5 star BANGER

message 41: by Kelvin (new)

Kelvin Reed (kelvinlreed) | 6 comments I just finished a legal thriller by real-life attorney Ken Isaacson titled "Silent Counsel." It's about a lawyer who refuses to disclose the identity of his client, a man who killed a little boy in a hit-and-run accident. The story took several unpredictable twists and turns (no pun intended). I highly recommend it.

Kelvin L. Reed
Author of "Guilt by Association"
a free legal drama on Smashwords.com
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 42: by *~CONN!3~ (new)

*~CONN!3~ Right now I've started on '' Let Vengeance Be All Mine" by MaNeysa

message 43: by A. (new)

A. Micheaux (noliacrown) Other than my book http://tinyurl.com/chobrz2 (Someone to Restore Me), I am reading Fatal Attraction. Loved the movie. After all these years, it is still awesome. Can't believe I'm just reading the book.

message 44: by Dara (new)

Dara J. (djluri) | 11 comments Adrienna wrote: "Now reading two books, one finishing and other starting.
I Can Do Better All By Myself by E.N. Joy finishing today.
[bookcover:Parable of the Sower / Parable of the Talents / Kindred|25782..."

How do you like Octavia Butler? I tried reading something from her a while ago but it didn't hold my interest. It might have been Parable of the Sower. Can you recommend another title from her?

Dara
http://ow.ly/kQJka

message 45: by Dara (new)

Dara J. (djluri) | 11 comments Enrico wrote: ""Why the caged bird sings" by Maya Angelou. Can't believe I am now getting around to reading this gem of a book."

Amazing book!

Dara
http://ow.ly/kQJka

message 46: by Dara (last edited May 08, 2013 08:03PM) (new)

Dara J. (djluri) | 11 comments I recently read & loved 'River Cross My Heart' by Breena Clarke. http://ow.ly/kQK0F

message 47: by *~CONN!3~ (new)

*~CONN!3~ I just finished up reading MOB DAUGHTERS by Ricketta Pryce and I also finished reading UNDIVIDED WE FALL by Gerald Toatley...I rated them both 3.5 Stars. Now I have my eye ballz on YOU, ME and HE by Brooke Green and also LOVE'S A FUNNY THING by Rukyyah. So I guess I'll keep U posted, HAPPY READING (:

message 48: by *~CONN!3~ (new)

*~CONN!3~ I'm currently reading YOU, ME AND HE by Brooke Green. I'm like 17% in.

message 49: by Ama (new)

Ama Major (amajor87) | 1 comments Perks of being a wallflower by Stephen chbosky

message 50: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) | 14 comments Working on two books: Murder on the Down Low and Anjuelle Floyd "Seasons of Purdah"

« previous 1