Chicks On Lit discussion

Other Hot Book Discussions > Best Gothic Novels

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahrosebud) | 10 comments I am definitely a Jane Eyre/Wuthering Heights kind of girl. Does anyone have any gothic book recommendations?

message 2: by Ally (new)

Ally (goodreadscomuser_allhug) I think Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca is pretty 'Gothic' in nature and I absolutely LOVE that book!

message 3: by Holli (new)

Holli I know some don't consider The Thirteenth Tale to be gothic but I thought it was.....

message 4: by Sherry Dale (new)

Sherry Dale Rogers (sherrydrogers) | 32 comments Mine is more MG novel but I think Emily the Strange "The Lost Days" falls in that category. Oh and "Ghost Girl", thats YA.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments I was thinking of the same book Holli!

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahrosebud) | 10 comments Ally, Rebecca is in my to be read pile. :) Holli, I have read The Thirteenth Tale and LOVED it!

Sherry, I haven't heard of The Lost Days or Ghost Girl. I'll have to look at those.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) The Thirteenth Tale, I think that could be considered a gothic novel. Perhaps Her Fearful Symmetry? I haven't read it yet though so I can't be sure. The Gargoyle?

There's a title right on the tip of my tongue & I can't think of it... I'll be back if I remember!

message 8: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (bagambo) Jo, I was thinking of Her Fearful Symmetry. That one should fall under gothic - it has that creepy feel to it.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I can't wait to read it! Hope I get to it soon, lol! SO many books so little time!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I can't wait to read it! Hope I get to it soon, lol! SO many books so little time!

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahrosebud) | 10 comments Jo, I've heard of the Gargoyle. Is it pretty good?

message 12: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Not Jo, but....I loved The Gargoyle!! Was my favorite book last year!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Hannah wrote: "Jo, I've heard of the Gargoyle. Is it pretty good?"

I haven't read it (didn't appeal to me) but I remember its' description and figured it was a good choice for this!

message 14: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 209 comments I also liked Rebecca and The Thirteenth Tale. If you want an old school gothic novel and haven't yet read it, you could try The Mysteries of Udolpho or some others by Ann Radcliffe. I can't help but think of her when I think of the "gothic novel".