TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Hello! > Greetings

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Myth (last edited Feb 16, 2010 03:48AM) (new)

Myth Hello, I am a passionate Twilight hater. But be warned, I'm something of a literary snob.

I sampled about five pages of Twilight, while at a Wal-Mart. The writing was terrible, so I put it back down and I've loathed it since for the influence it has had.

So, I apologize that I can't participate in all the hate, because I didn't read it. But I'm happy to be here.

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments I haven't read it either, but if you do talk on a bunch of comments and explore, you'll get pretty close to the readers. And the more you know about it, the better you can hate it.

message 3: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Yep! I suggest recommend Uh, you might want to try reading at least a liiiiittle of it. If you can. It's hard to read it without vomiting/blacking out/dying from the sheer horror of it, but it's a good interesting experience.

Also, it's like one big giant manual of How Not To Write A Book.

message 4: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) *makes Spock sign* 'Ey. You're not the only one who hasnt read it.

message 5: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments I read like the first chapter (stole it from my sissy) realized how stupid it is that her name is Bella Swan, skipped to the part when she meets Edward. Almost barfed, never picked it back up.

message 6: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 199 comments I read the whole thing

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Myth wrote: "Hello, I am a passionate Twilight hater. But be warned, I'm something of a literary snob.

I sampled about five pages of Twilight, while at a Wal-Mart. The writing was terrible, so I put it back d..."

Ok just the way you said sampling 5 pages while at walmart made my day XD
I read the whole book 6 times

message 8: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments Oooo, well at least you stopped before you made ten.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

this is true lol
i read it over and over
never gets boring

message 10: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments Yeah, it never gets boring. Like there's this movie called the Wilderness Family. So stupid and AWFUL. You can see the microphone sometimes.... but it never gets old.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

exactly
it's so easy to get lost in

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments I've never finished that movie, it was so stupid. Twilight... is pretty absorbing. I never read it, because I didn't like romances, but when my friends talked about it I was very interested, until I discovered how awful it is.

message 13: by Myth (new)

Myth Those of you who've read Twilight over and over again, I'm utterly amazed. You can understand that garbage?

Despite Twilight's idiotic plot and Mormon influence I would be able to read it if the writing were simply better. Then again, I'm more or less against reading romance.

Please read Dracula. It's very good, but very old and is not a romance.

message 14: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) I will. It's on my to-read list.
It's not? Really? Well we shall fix that soon.
NO! Sparkle! Don't turn off! NO!
-cannot do anything on the computer anymore b/c computer turned itself off-

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

lol
I am blonde there is my excuse for reading it again and again

message 16: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 199 comments Why Sparkle why? *cries*

message 17: by Myth (last edited Feb 21, 2010 06:38PM) (new)

Myth At one part Dracula cuts his chest and makes Mina drink from the wound. That's not really romantic... And he's definitely the bad guy.

It's a good book, but the second half is kind of ...bleh, then the end is anti-climatic.

message 18: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Huh. The closest thing to Dracula I've read is....

Uh...

Well, I'm reading Frankenstein right now for assigned reading. :/ Although so far it's pretty good, so that's exciting.

message 19: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments Ugh, the closest I've read to Dracula... well the closest I've seen to Dracula is in MGS2, there's this evil character named Vamp. He can walk on water! And Raiden shot him in the forehead, he died but then came back to life.

HE'S A CAT! HE HAS NINE LIVES!

message 20: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments What's MG- waaaiiit, I just got it. Never mind :D

message 21: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Jamine Isabel E. Uy (candy-rain) | 3069 comments Mod
Rose wrote: "Ugh, the closest I've read to Dracula... well the closest I've seen to Dracula is in MGS2, there's this evil character named Vamp. He can walk on water! And Raiden shot him in the forehead, he died..."

or He's Stephenie Meyer who just won't stop giving birth to Twilight Crap... :P

message 22: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments That it also a possibility.

message 23: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

hihihi! I know... :P

message 24: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments Can the Twi-Vamps walk on water?

message 25: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Rose wrote: "Can the Twi-Vamps walk on water?"

Knowing Smeyer, yes. I think they do. You remember how fast Deadward was, right?

message 26: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments Yes I do remember. You know what doesn't make sense (okay lots of things don't)? That Edward is apparnetly the strongest Twi-Vamp with the best power, but yet every time he gets in a fight he almost DIES until his family comes to save him.

message 27: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments I know, right? It's so stupid. Then again, the entire series is... but you get the point.

message 28: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments Let's see... the point... the point............

message 29: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments RUN!!! GET THE POINT!

message 30: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) They can swim really well because they don't have to breathe.

message 31: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) deleted user wrote: "Myth wrote: "Hello, I am a passionate Twilight hater. But be warned, I'm something of a literary snob.

I sampled about five pages of Twilight, while at a Wal-Mart. The writing was terrible, so I ..."

I read it thirteen times. The lucky thirteen, when I finally realized the book was total shit. I read all the other ones several times over, including Midnight Sun.

message 32: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Wow, you survived through thirteen? Impressive. ;)

message 33: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) I know. *scarred*

message 34: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments Wow, so you liked it before it became popular, Nazi?

message 35: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Yeah. A LOT. The hype and the thirteenth read ruined the series.

message 36: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Yeah, it tends to do stuff like that.

message 37: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) It happened with a lot of stuff I liked. Owl City and Paramore and One Republic were some of my favorite bands until they were getting TOO much radio play and I began to hate them. I liked them before the hype - after the hype started they sucked.

message 38: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Okies. One Republic is pretty good. Stop and Stare and Apologize are the most annoying ones.

You miss being a virgin? Am I missing something?

message 39: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) OH! I have no idea what that is... but okies!

message 40: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) :P Hawhaw.

message 41: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Whoa. That sucks.

message 42: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments I still like One Republic, Stop and Stare is great but Apologize sucks! It doesn't even make any sense!

message 43: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Yeah, it sort of does...

It talks about a girl who was a bitch to him. She tried to make up but he said it was "too late to apologize." Get it?

message 44: by Kimathy (last edited Apr 19, 2010 05:44PM) (new)

Kimathy haha first time i listened to that song i thought it was saying, "it's to late to call the charts!" :P silly me with my bad listening skills

message 45: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments Oh.... I get it now.

Well the first hundred times I heard "Dirty Little Secret" by All-American Rejects I thought it was "I turn around to tie my shoe."

message 46: by Kimathy (new)

Kimathy hehe that song is so dirty lol

message 47: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) I love AAR! They is amasink!

message 48: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) (Verse 1)
Let me know that I've done wrong
When I've known this all along
I go around a time or two
Just to waste my time with you

Tell me all that you've thrown away
Find out games you don't wanna play
You are the only one that needs to know

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
My dirty little secret

Who has to know
When we live such fragile lives
It's the best way we survive
I go around a time or two
Just to waste my time with you

Tell me all that you've thrown away
Find out games you don't wanna play
You are the only one that needs to know

(Dirty little secret)
My dirty little secret

(Verse 2)
Who has to know
The way she feels inside (inside)
Those thoughts I can't deny (deny)
These sleeping thoughts won't lie (won't lie)
And all I've tried to hide
It's eating me apart
Trace this life out

(Dirty little secret)
(Just another regret)

(Dirty little secret)
My dirty little secret
Dirty little secret
Dirty little secret

Who has to know
Who has to know

message 49: by Rose (new)

Rose (Iceclaw) | 2069 comments Isn't there another verse??? Well what do I know... the only songs I know all the verses to are Best Friend by ToyBox and Geeks Get the Girls by... um.... Oh who's it by? I can't remember.

message 50: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) I dunno. I just copied it off of Youtube...

It looks right to me.

« previous 1