What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Solved: Sister who faded into the walls [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 391 comments The thing I remember most vividly from this novel was that there were siblings, and one girl was so shy and passive that eventually she became quasi-invisible to strangers- though really more unnoticeable (in a magical realism sort of way)- described as almost wispy and small and thin and blending into the wallpaper.

I think they lived in a rather dilapidated/house, and I think on one occasion, a child services person came to examine them. And then there was tea (and biscuits?) and the visitor failed to see the "invisible" sister and almost carried her away in her purse?

Maybe a very whimsical novel (with a touch of melancholy about it). I must have read it 5-12 years ago (but probably around 8 or 9), and I think it was aimed at readers somewhere between 10 and 16?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 219 comments Kaion, I think you're looking for The Woman in the Wall by Patrice Kindl.

message 3: by Kaion (last edited Feb 16, 2010 01:21AM) (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 391 comments Thanks, I think you're right! (And now I feel stupid looking for a book with such a direct title.) Certainly the note she gets sounds familiar.