Q&A with Jennifer Weiner discussion

book discussion

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (katelibrarian) Hi, Jen -

Just wanted to let you know how much I love your books - I've read them all and I recommend them to people all the time. (I'm a librarian - well, almost.)
I formed - for lack of a better description - a "chick lit" book discussion group at my branch last summer, and we read "Goodnight Nobody" - this summer, we're reading "Good in Bed" and "Certain Girls".

I know you just had your second child - (Congratulations, by the way!) I'm wondering how you think motherhood has enhanced your writing - I know, as the mother of two (5 and 2 - girls) that time isn't something you have a lot of. But don't you feel that having kids gives you more of a depth of emotion/understanding to draw from?

message 2: by Tara (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 1 comments Hi Jen,

I am a huge fan! I was first introduce to Good in Bed by a law clerk who just gushed over it. I immediately fell inlove with Cannie and just as quickly developed a deep sense of frustration with Bruce.

The thing I really love about all of your books, is how real the characters are. I saw myself and friends as the characters and felt like I was reading about a good friend or ex-boyfriend, rather than these fictional people.

When you develop your characters, do you have certain people in mind who "model" for these characters?