Artemis masterminds discussion

Graphic Novel

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 308 comments Mod
Was it just me or does anyone else think the graphic novel made everyone look REALLY ugly?

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
Yeah, we talked about this somewhere but I can't find it.

I only read the first graphic novel, and it was just wrong. Holly is supposed to have short, spiky red hair, not longish, brownish hair; she is supposed to have coffee-colored skin, not white; she is supposed to be, like, 3 feet tall, not as tall as Artemis. Artemis's glasses look weird and so does he hair. Butler is supposed to be bald, and what is up with his neck?

message 3: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

I know!!! They look so freaky!! Holly's supposed to be pretty. Not hideous. I nearly threw up. Poor Foaly. He's got like green hair!!! What 12-year old is 2' 11"? Did I get the symbols right?

TheDigressiveApproach Foaly looks like sum over-aged grandpa man! he dusnt even look like he can crack up a single joke!
UGHHH!!!

message 5: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Yeah, I hated that!!! Mulch nearly made me throw up. Root didn't look all that red faced.

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
You got the symbols right. I thought Holly was pretty, just not in the same way she is in the books. I didn't like Butler.

message 7: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Well, I guess she was kind of pretty, but in the way she's described in the book. I guess, to be honest, I almost pictured as a human, but with slight differences, like the height and ears, and a few other things.

message 8: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
I thought she looked human in the graphic novel except for her ears.

message 9: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

I don't know what it was, she just kind of creeped me out. Butler was, uh, hideous. I mean, what was up with his neck?!?!? That was so freaky!!! He looked like a dream Holt!!! Oops, bringing 39 Clues into this. Forget I said that.

message 10: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
Yeah his neck was really weird...

And I think Artemis's hair looks different.

TheDigressiveApproach Every thing's messed up! Artemis has bug glasses for eyes...my worst nightmare

message 12: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

I know!

message 13: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

If they make the movie like that...

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) I haven't read the Graphic Novel, and I don't think I'm going to. From what I've seen on the website I don't think I would like it.

message 15: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Yeah, it's weird.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) I saw some pics of it on the website, Butler was weird.

message 17: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Butler was really scary.

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) :(

message 19: by Kara (new)

Kara (kara_writes) | 5 comments I was gonna read it, But after this , I might not lol...

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) I'm not going to.

message 21: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Yeah.

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan D. | 7 comments ewwww! i just stay away form those so i dont get nightmares...

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) My little sister just had to get them. And I couldn't help myself, I had to look *whines*. It was awful, I should have never looked. Now for ever after I will see Butler in my mind's eye as having a crew cut. Help!

message 24: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

I thought he was bald in the graphic novels...Maybe I should look at them again.

message 25: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) You might be right....I forget. Either he has a crew cut in the Graphic Novel or his bold in the Graphic Novel and has a crew cut on the main AF website.

message 26: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Yeah, I don't remember.

TheDigressiveApproach Either way he looks like crap

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Totally agree!

message 29: by Helsic (new)

Helsic 伊明海 | 8 comments Noooo!
I love the two graphic novels, actually I have them both ^_^
I think the art is quite unique, and I love the arrogance in Artenis face expressions.

message 30: by noelle (new)

noelle (noelle1223) Never read graphic novels... And I don't plan to because I already have faces for Holly and Artemis in my head and don't want them to be overrun by the illustrations.