Classic Film Fans discussion

Movies > Classic Dialogue

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) I don't remember what movie, maybe "To Have and to Have Not."

"When you need me just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you? You just put your lips together and blow."

"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof":

The line when Paul Newman says he smells the stench of mendacity.

Gone With the Wind:

"You need to be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) Eugenia wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I don't remember what movie, maybe "To Have and to Have Not."

"When you need me just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you? You just put your lips tog..."

She definitely carried that role off with incredible poise for her young age.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) Eugenia wrote: "Just watching "North by Northwest" and remembered these
James Mason to Cary Grant "You make this very room a theater" what wonderful actor and his voice was beautiful.
As Cary Grant is being lea..."

Those are excellent lines, Eugenia.

message 4: by Manny (new)

Manny Pacheco (Raideoman) | 18 comments Best lines ever: TO HAVE & HAVE NOT

Lauren Bacall to Humphrey Bogart (carrying a woman out of a room): "What are you doing guessing her weight?"

and Humphrey Bogart to the same woman after her husband is shot on his boat: "Keep your husband down, I don't want him bleeding all over my cushions!"

Honarable Mention:

THE WOLF MAN: The old gypsy woman (Maria Ouspenskaya) telling Lon Chaney, Jr.: "Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers at night may become a wolf when the wolf bane blooms and the autumn moon is full and bright."

DAMN YANKEES: Ray Walston crooning "I see cannibals muching a missionary luncheon...those were the good ole days"