Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Shiloh Walker's Hunters series

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~V~ (new)

~V~ (mvander) Hi Everyone! I just joined your group..I'm a huge fan of PNR's..it's pretty much all I read actually...I've read most all of the major ones out there, but now I'm interested in trying out Shiloh Walker's Hunters series. Has anybody out there read these? I realize they're a little more erotica than some of the other PNRs (maybe more like Lora Leigh's Breed series) out there and I'm ok with that, they're just a little pricey...so I wanted to make sure they were worth it. Thanks for your help! :)

message 2: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments I would like to know as well!

message 3: by twinfish2 (new)

twinfish2 | 84 comments Yeah I read all these. I think they are even more erotic than Leigh. A couple of the books even had the main couple have a threesome with another guy. I do believe she is a good story teller and you do feel the characters care for each other. There are vampires,magic users,shifters and others in the books and some characters do crossover into each others books. I remember I liked them but not enough to keep them. I read and kept for 2 years and never re-read them so I sent them off to the used book store. The early ones are I believe from Elloras Cave and then they crossover into her main stream paperbacks, similar to what Leigh did. You can read the regular paperbacks first to get a feel for her writing. They are more story driven, the Elloras Cave ones are more sex driven.

message 4: by Jezi (last edited Mar 12, 2010 12:19PM) (new)

Jezi (wjrockafellow) I recently finished the series and I enjoyed them. They do start out really erotica, but as the series progresses, it isn't so predominate in the stories. I am keeping the books and will definately re-read them. I have also purchased the other Hunter books outside of this 10 book series and will be reading them shortly. I really like Shiloh Walker's writing.
You will however want to read them in order:
Hunters The Beginning (Hunters #1 and # 2) by Shiloh Walker Hunters Interlude Interlude (Hunters, #3 & #4) by Shiloh Walker Hunters Ben and Shadoe (Hunters, #5) by Shiloh Walker Hunters Rafe and Sheila (Hunters #6) by Shiloh Walker Hunting The Hunter (Hunters, #7) by Shiloh Walker Hunters Heart and Soul (Hunters #8 and #9) by Shiloh Walker Hunter's Salvation (Hunters, #9) by Shiloh Walker

message 5: by ~V~ (new)

~V~ (mvander) Thanks Jess...I just started the first one yesterday..I'm about 3/4 of the way through Eli and Sarel's book...and Yes! they are definitely erotica! Holy Moly! Not that I haven't read erotica before, but I would have to say this is the first time I've read this much menage. This first book is def. more sex than story, but I am, for sure, going to continue reading the rest of the series. I'm thinking that they're probably similar in writing style to Lora Leigh's Breed series (not sure if you've read those), in the fact that her earlier books, which were published by Ellora's Cave (just like Shiloh's first few Hunter books)were more sex than story then when she switched to Berkley there was still pretty racey sex, but there was definitely more story to the books. Thanks for giving your opinion of the series..I'm looking forward to reading the rest! :)

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (creeker) Does this series need to be read in order?

message 7: by ~V~ (new)

~V~ (mvander) Yes!...definitely. :)

message 8: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments I have heard several people say that the ones published by Ellora's Cave and the ones you can buy at any bookstore do not have to be read together. I would double check that with a few others though. :)

message 9: by ~V~ (new)

~V~ (mvander) I guess I would agree w/ that statement...BUT...characters from the earlier books DO make an appearance in the later books (it prob. wouldn't take away from the current storyline or confuse you)...I'm just someone who likes to read a series in the "correct" reading order...I don't like to miss ANYTHING. ;) lol