Writer Kids discussion

A-G > Aviva's Poems (and story!)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Anjali, The Water Maiden and Chief of The Mod-Squad (new)

Anjali | 451 comments Mod
Kewl!!!

message 3: by Aviva (last edited Mar 07, 2010 07:09AM) (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) I will post my story here too.
The World's Fate
Prologue
I saw it coming. The blackness creeping into my vision. The ice coming up to meet me. I tried to fight it, I did.

I lost.

message 4: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) Chapter One - Things I Thought I Forgot ~Sera
A man sits in a chair. A woman sits on a couch with a child, another is in a doorway that leads to her room. Suddenly the man stands, his eyes wide, staring at the outside door. The older child, the one standing, is frightened and runs to her mother. The little one whimpers softly. The mother is alert, rigid, with an arm around each child. "Jaiju?" she whispers, so quietly that they can scarcely hear her. No one answers. Then an urgent whisper. "Lyda, take Sera and Lio. I will follow."
"Jaiju!" Lyda protests in the same tone. A pause. "Surrounded," she whispers, her eyes wide and frightened. She holds the children close.
The door Jaiju is staring at crashes open. It falls to the floor with a loud bang in the scared silence. Ugly men, beasts really, walk in. They are all muscle. Jaiju and Lyda have seen them before from the looks they wear on their faces. Pure hatred. No fear.
"What do you want?" Jaiju snarls. "You are not welcome here."
They do not speak, but one pulls out an object. He points it at Jaiju, who falls to the floor in anguish. On Lyda's face there is a mixture of fear and hatred. "Leave us," she says commandingly though her voice shakes with fear.
"Make me," smirked the leader. He walked up to Jaiju and lifted him from the floor. He shook him. Hard. "Just hand over the girl!" he said loudly. "And we won't harm you ever again."
Lyda shook with anger, no fear anymore. "You want us to just hand over our child?"
The beasts growl, furious. The leader drops Jaiju to the ground and walks over to Lyda and the children. He mutters something incoherent, but Sera, the young girl, gasps as though she understood. He smiled a wicked smile that seemed to be saying, That's right. Now come with me.
"No!" Sera shouts. "Never!" Her voice is full of anger and disbelief that he would even think that. She feels no fear, though she is a seven year old facing a massive beast. Everyone else in the room holds their breath as they waited for what girl and beast will do next. It comes from the girl.
"Go!"
She pointed to the open doorway. The beasts did not control themselves. They walk out the door. The leader is last. He swings his head around to face the girl that is more power than him. "You have not heard the end of this! We will get her in the end!"
The door slams back onto its hinges and the girl runs to her mother shaking with fear.
"It's all right, Sera," Lyda consoles her. "It's okay now. You're a very special girl.

The scene dissolves and another takes its place;
A twelve year old girl sits by a desk reading in a classroom. The teacher is nowhere to be seen, someplace outside of the room. A boy walks over to her. "Sera." The word sits in the air. It falls to the floor with a thud. All the other children in the room look up from their work.
"What are you reading? Anything good?" When the girl doesn't look up, he spits in the book. The girl, Sera, looks up and spits into his face. She continues reading after a muttered, "Idiot."
"Ewww!" the boy shouts. "Get it off me!"
Sera, bewildered, looks up. "What?" she asks. "It's just spit."
The boy is furious. He grabs her hand and smears a glob of 'spit' on it. "Just spit?" he asks before stomping back to his seat.
The scene turns to that afternoon. Sera is walking in the door of her home. She sets down her things, sheds her coat to the rack on the wall. She sits down in a chair. "Lyda?" she calls up the stairs. A pitter-patter of feet come down from the floor above. Lyda comes into view. "Ah, Sera," she says. "you're home."
Sera tells her mother about the boy and the spit. One sentence from her mother stands out. "You're very special, Sera."

The scene dissipates and one more comes.
Sera, now fifteen, walks home. Weird things had happened around her all day at school. It is a content kind of day, the sun showing and the temperature just right. She kicks a pebble. Instead of skidding across the grass, it flies upward like a bird into the clouds. Sera stares for a moment before continuing on her way. She hears a boom and stops in her tracks. She sees a small explosion in the direction the pebble. She walks faster toward home.
The door is standing open when she reaches it. Inside, Sera can see the chairs and couch all where they were that morning, the table in the same place. Everything seems normal. Then she finds the note.
Our dear Sera,
We have left our home for reasons cannot say in a letter,
but I can tell you we very much wanted to take you and your
brother. Take care of him, and watch out for enemies. Please
do not come after us, for we are in a place you could never find
us, no matter how you tried and with all you power.

Sera imagines her mother sighing and looking at her in that sad way of hers. She reads on.
I should have told you before, I wish I could have told you in
person what you need to know right now. You are unique, Sera
more than you think. If When we see you I will tell you
more: if someone else reads this I do not want them to know. We
have to go, I'm sorry.
Love your parents,
Lyda and Jaiju

Sera slumps into a chair clutching the letter in her hand. She surveys the room. After reading the note it seems barren and empty. The beautiful day seems to taunt her. Lio walks into the house. He drops his pack by the door and looks around the room.
"Where's Lyda and Jaiju?" he asks, nervous. He is only nine.
"They've…left." Sera's voice seems empty, blank, void of feeling. She hands Lio the paper.
Lio looks up after reading the letter through twice. His green eyes are filled with a mixture of emotions. Sera sees determination dominating them. She agrees with him.
"We go find them," she says, both their thoughts. Even though the note said not to, she has a feeling inside her that she can, and will. The past words of Lyda that she has been told many times come to her. "You're more special than you realize, Sera."
I come to consciousness enough to think two thoughts: Where is my brother? And why am I so special?

message 5: by Anjali, The Water Maiden and Chief of The Mod-Squad (new)

:)

message 6: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) Chapter Two - Waking to a New World ~Utr
"Is she ever going to wake up?"
"Who is she, anyway?"
"What motivated you to bring her?"
"I think she's important."
"She had a certain air about her, a vibration of magic keeping her from death."
"Interesting. Very."
The voices bounce around the room. A door closes. Sera opens her eyes to put faces to the names. Four people. Four reactions. Sera wonders where the fifth voice went.
One of the three boys just raises his eyebrows. He is leaning against the wall. His eyes are a dark brown, his hair seems the same, but in the light it is blue. His features are sharp but he looks to me like someone that hides his feelings and keeps his face blank. He seems handsome.
One walks over to her. This one has a small ponytail a light brown with a streak of black down the middle. His eyes are the color of the ocean. The other waits and watches what will happen. He, unlike the others, has darker skin, perhaps the color of a dark tan. He looks like a quiet person to me. He stands silent, every part of him still. You would think he was dead but for the tiny rise and fall at his breathing and his eyes watching everything. The girl stands by him, her the same coloring, smiling that their rescued Earth human is finally awake. Her hair is long, to about her knees. It is white and green, an odd mixture that surprises Sera. Her smile is warm and welcoming. The boy that walked over to Sera speaks.
"My name is Sludo," he says gallantly. "I am seventeen and enjoy studying magic. I live here on Dazt."
Sera nods, but looks confused at the mention of Dazt. "My name is Sera. I live on Earth. I'm 16 and… I think I have magic." Sludo laughs.
The girl walks over. "I'm Lazi," she introduced herself also. "I live on Jhufr, of the Green Passage. This" - she motioned toward the boy she was standing by - "is my brother, my twin, Alute. We're sixteen."
The last person in the room without a name to the face stepped forward. "Radte," he offered. "Fia."
A woman walks into the room then. Ah, the fifth voice. The thought of Sera.
"Finally! You're awake." She rushes over. The teens move away from the bed for her to get through. "I'm Pila," she explains more gently. "I'm the mother of Sludo. He's a bit of a trouble maker." Sera tries to ask where they are but Pila intervenes. "I will tell you about how you got here, and where exactly here is, then you can tell us your story and ask your questions."

I will remember the next part. It’s important. I have a very good memory. You have to if you live from the beginning to the end.

Pila speaks again, gently. "Sludo, Lazi, Alute, and Radte were walking under the waves yesterday. They saw a purple vibration and as they got closer a person in the middle. That was you. There was something keeping you from death. That told them you were important." Pila took a deep breath. "When they started toward you, they realized that you were not on Dazt, not even in the Fire and Ice Poles. Something had brought a projection of you there." That would have been me, I think. Sometimes I do things without knowing. But I know she is important, even if I don't know why. Pila continues, "They passed though the barrier and brought you here. You slept for about 36 hours.”
Sera looks toward the shaded window. “Is it midnight?” she asks softly.
Lazi answers the question. “Yes, Sera. Why?”
Sera looks at the five other people in the room. Her expression is that of someone that has lost something very important. Oh, well that's what she is. "I fell at midnight."
Pila is not finished quite yet. “Before you tell us your story, we’ll tell you where you are. Lazi?”
Lazi gets a big map from the corner and walks to the bed. Her long, dark brown braid swishes as she walks. “This is no ordinary map, Sera. It shows galaxies and planets, yes, but they show them rotating and revolving.” She opens the map and spreads it on the bed. Sera’s eyes widen as she looks at a map like no other she has ever seen. Not because the things are moving, but galaxies and planets instead of states, countries, and continents.
“Wow,” she whispers. It’s all she can say. Lazi smiles.
“Here is the Fire and Ice Poles galaxy,” Lazi says. She touched a blob of color. At her touch the map changes. “We are here.” she points to a multicolored planet. “Dazt is very mountainous,” she says. “It has beautiful lakes and oceans, and if you’re watching the sunset by one it is amazing. It is an ice planet, so the mountains have snow covering them and the summer is very short. The other ice planets are Vetr and Kuilo, the fire planets are Fia, Hefr, and Floi.” Lazi zooms back to the map a galaxies as Sera watches in amazement. “Now, an overview of the Milky Way. You should know about the planets here, right? Mercury and Venus gone, Earth, Mars with the mutants fighters, Jupiter’s gas creatures, Uranus’s dreaded dreams, and Neptune’s water humanoids. What?” She had noticed Sera’s face of confusion.
“There isn’t life on the other planets in our solar system,” Sera says incredulously. All heads turn to her.
“There is,” Lazi answers. “Just Earth’s technology cannot find them.” She goes back to the main map and presses another blob. “This is The Green Passage, home of Aero, Xaflo, Jhufr, Swerz, Gevtr, Plitr, and Kyfi. Swerz and Gevtr are brother planets. They stay very close together and have many bridges and such connecting them. The same goes for Plitr and Kyfi, which are sister planets. Now, enough geography. I want to know about your fall.”
But, before that, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Utr, the universe, the god, the creator. I come into this story a little later. Just read a bit more.

message 7: by Anjali, The Water Maiden and Chief of The Mod-Squad (new)

FIVE STARS!!!

message 8: by Anjali, The Water Maiden and Chief of The Mod-Squad (new)

I think you should use past tense

message 9: by Anjali, The Water Maiden and Chief of The Mod-Squad (new)

It helps understand it more

message 10: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) thank you. and I know but for some reason I like present tense and first person.

message 11: by Esther, The Math Nerd and Secretary of The Mod-Squad (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 360 comments Mod
well... it's almost like third person only you say me every once in a while... it's a little confusing cuz ima like what the heck happened to Leo and who the heck is ur brother but i guess i have to figure out

message 13: by Esther, The Math Nerd and Secretary of The Mod-Squad (new)

Esther (essie7198) | 360 comments Mod
yey!

message 14: by Anjali, The Water Maiden and Chief of The Mod-Squad (new)

:)