Christian Readers discussion

Hi

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (last edited Feb 15, 2010 07:40PM) (new)

John Dreamer | 2 comments Hey my name is John and I'm just going around asking the different belief groups why they believe what they do. I'm just curious about different religions, so if you could help that would be great.

message 2: by John (new)

John Dreamer | 2 comments Oh so nobody has an answer then?

message 3: by Dáithí's (new)

Dáithí's (payattentiontotheshadows) @John: I would encourage you to check out

www.beliefnet.com

It is a great site that lists all of the belief systems of the worlds' religions and is quite in depth. You can go as deep as you wish in your research, and formulate specific questions from there to ask individuals regarding their specific dogmas or "catmas", if one is so inclined..

Your original question could be like asking for a drink from a firehose (wink).

Peace & Happy Searching,

Pastor Chris

message 4: by Kitty (new)

Kitty Foth-Regner (kittyfoth-regner) | 13 comments Hmmmm. Do you want to know why Christians believe that Jesus is Lord, and all that this entails? I suppose that answer will differ from person to person. Please visit www.HeavenWithoutHer.com if you'd like to know how one highly successful feminist atheist science writer came to know the truth about Christ. Once there, if you'll click on Media, you'll find a couple of taped interviews that might interest you; they explain the evidence that proves the Bible the word of the living God, and the only place where one can find the truth about where we came from, what we're doing here and where we're going.

As far as other belief systems go, I highly recommend a book by James Sire called The Universe Next Door -- it provides an outstanding overview of the key tenets of the world's major belief systems. Sire is a Christian but admits it up front, and somehow manages to provide the most objective and complete overview I've ever come across.

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol (goodreadscomcarolann) Hi -- I'm new Christian & was wondering if you ever have a monthly book read where everyone votes and then discusses the book? I have read some books by CS Lewis, Rick Warren, Max Lucado, Beth Moore, Joyce Meyers, John Eldredge -- just to name a few. I was looking for a group discussion.

message 6: by Shalonda (new)

Shalonda Williams-McClendon (shalondatreasurewilliams) | 15 comments Carol wrote: "Hi -- I'm new Christian & was wondering if you ever have a monthly book read where everyone votes and then discusses the book? I have read some books by CS Lewis, Rick Warren, Max Lucado, Beth Moor..."

May be you could start a group. Most of the groups here do that for each others books. You could start a group dedicated to just that.

message 7: by Shalonda (last edited Mar 01, 2010 05:56AM) (new)

Shalonda Williams-McClendon (shalondatreasurewilliams) | 15 comments My book A Heart's Thoughts: Love Walk Meditations Seriesis a book that addresses those questions that we often ask in our hearts and not so much to everyone but mostly to God. "Why is my blessing taking so long?" "Why do I feel so alone in times of trouble when God said He'll never leave me?" "Why I am not at peace with myself?" "Why can't I trust and fully let go?"

These questions and more are asked and answered based on the answers that God, through life, has shared with me. Along with a few thoughts from my friend, The Tru Sum, I know that it will be of comfort to someone.

I am offering a beginning of the month special discount on the purchase of A Heart's Thoughts: Love Walk Meditations Seriesif ordered through Createspace.com.

Simply use this code (copy and paste) - 9U92NKCW - when you visit the link below and get your 25% off today. https://www.createspace.com/3385387

Peace to you all!

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol (goodreadscomcarolann) Shalonda wrote: "May be you could start a group. Most of the groups here do that for each others books. You could start a group dedicated to just that."

That would be too much for me. I am on disability and cannot really commit to anything. But thanks for the suggestion.

message 9: by Shalonda (new)

Shalonda Williams-McClendon (shalondatreasurewilliams) | 15 comments Carol wrote: "Shalonda wrote: "May be you could start a group. Most of the groups here do that for each others books. You could start a group dedicated to just that."

That would be too much for me. I am on disa..."

Ok Carol. Have you found a discussion yet within the groups? Maybe I could be on the look out for you.

message 10: by Carol (new)

Carol (goodreadscomcarolann) Yes I'm on other groups but none that are Christian.

message 11: by Shalonda (new)

Shalonda Williams-McClendon (shalondatreasurewilliams) | 15 comments oh okay. Hopefully someone will start one soon :-) Peace to you!

message 12: by Jesus (new)

Jesus Villalobos (jetski) | 9 comments I recommend a book titled,"A Case For Christ."