Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Speed Racer

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna (anna_rose_reads) I just saw Speed Racer on I-max. It was visually amazing! Some of the reviews I read had claimed it was too much, but I didn't feel that way at all. I thought that the colors and the video game quality of the races was so unique. I loved all the little tips of the hat to the old cartoon as well.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie I saw it in the IMAX as well. The graphics were great! Very neat on the IMAX screen. The story was a little off for me. Sometimes I felt bored, but it was still good. I would give it a B. I am not sure how the graphics would look on a smaller screen.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa I have to say that I was so looking forward to this, as a life-long Speed Racer fan, and was very disappointed. My 6-yr-old hates the cartoon but LOVED this film - so perhaps I'm just too old and too nostalgic.

message 4: by Roos (new)

Roos | 3 comments I'm fan of Speed Racer Cartoon. Just really love it when I saw the movie last night. It was great...I love every detail on the movie, love all the cast, especially Rex Racer ( Matthew Fox ) with my favorite number 9. Hope there will be the Speed Racer 2.