Emo ,writers, RPers, Book lovers discussion

writers > Poem Contest

Comments Showing 1-50 of 414 (414 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Alice (last edited Feb 15, 2010 03:00PM) (new)

Alice | 10 comments I think it would be a great idea to have a poem contest! The Poem can be about anything and can be as short and as long as you want (not too long)! If anyone want's to be a judge just ask me. The judges aren't allowed to put in a poem (sorry guys that's considered cheating ;P)
So have fun and lets see who has the best Poem!!
The time limit for you to submit your poem is March 3rd!
Good Luck!

May the contest begin!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooo I'd love to be the judge for our first poetry contest!

message 3: by Alice (new)

Alice | 10 comments Awesome, ur the judge!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

yay! madi-chan digivolve to... Poetry Judge! -dramatic lights and music-

message 5: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) oh which was ur fav digimon? mine was the one wit Zoey, JP, nd Tommy (i cant spell the other 2's names)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh geez, uh... JP's was da shiz... but I'd have to say... oh gee what was the name... uh.... lemme think about this one. It's the one that followed the evil digimon in the first season, not the catapillar digimon, I'm not talking about the evil human... whatever his name was. I'm talking about the digimon that tried was able to turn all digimon back to eggs. The one that followed him... err.. what was the name.... :/

message 7: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) i tink i know which one ur talkin bout, was it the one wit umm... i cant remember the name either but i tink i know which one ur talkin bout

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Good, so I'm not sounding COMPLETELY crazy... only slightly! ^.^

message 9: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) who ISNT crazy????
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

-takes a step away from you- alright, note to self: don't make her laugh like that again. -hides in corner-

message 11: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) lolz i wont hurt you....YET *jk*

MWAHAHAHAHAHAMWAHWHHAHAHAMWHAHAMAHWMAHWMAHWMAHWMAHMHMHAHAHAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

-puppy dog eyes- bri no hurt reaper

message 13: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) those dont work over the computer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAMWWMWMWMWMHAHAHAHMEMWMWMWHIURAGHAOU;NGRHELSNHO;SSHNG;IOSITG

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

-computer starts to cry- bri no hurt reaper.

message 15: by Zia (last edited Feb 14, 2010 04:17PM) (new)

Zia (zrg1) | 16 comments (this a non rhyming poem.)

Your Turn To Hurt!
we had something ones,
we were something ones,
but you went and broke my heart,
so i guess i should do the same,
i gave you every thing you asked for,
i said i loved you but i didnt mean it,
you told me that i could trust you,
but when you tryed to make your move i said no,
so you broke my heart,
but now i know what i need to do,
its time that you join the ranks of those that hurt me.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Sweet poem! and yay! You're the first contestant to enter! -throws confetti-

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

WAIT DOOMED2DARKNESS let me think if you should be a judge yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

soooooooo bored... for the poems can we rite whateva we want or is there a topic(s)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

make one if you want to do that

here is mine

IT'S 7TH GRADE..

I stared at the girl next to me... She was my so called "best friend"... I stared at her... Long, silky hair... And I wished she was mine... But she didn't notice me like that... I knew it... After class she walked up to me and asked me for the notes she had missed the day before... And I handed them to her... She said "thanks"... And gave me a kiss on the cheek... I wanted to tell her... I want her to know that I don't want to be "just friends"... I love her but I'm too shy to tell her... And I don't know why...

IT'S JUNIOR YEAR..

My phone rang... On the other end it was her... She was in tears... Mumbling on and on about how her love had broken her heart... She asked me to come over because she didn't want to be alone... So I did... As I sat next to her on the sofa... I stared at her soft eyes... Wishing she was mine... After 2 hours... I Drew Barrymore movie... And 3 bags of chips... She decided to go to sleep... She looked at me.. Said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek... I wanted to tell her... I want her to know... That I don't want to be "just friends"... I love her but I'm too shy to tell her... And I don't know why...

IT'S SENIOR YEAR..

The day before prom... She walked to my locker... "My date is sick" she said... He's not going to go... Well... I didn't have a date and in 7th grade... We made a promise that if neiter of us had dates... We'd go together just as "best friends"... And so we did...

IT'S PROM NIGHT..

After everything was over with... I was standing at her front door step... I stared at her ... She smiled at me... I wanted her to be mine... But she doesn't think of me like that... And I know it... Then she said "I had the best time... Thanks!"... And she gave me a kiss on the cheek... I wanted to tell her... I wanted her to know that I don't want to be "just friends"... I love her but I'm just too shy... And I don't know why...

IT'S GRADUATION DAY..

A day passed... And then a week... And then a month... Before I could blink... It was graduation day... I watched her... Perfect body... Floated like an angel up on stage to get her diploma... I wanted her to be mine... But she doesn't think of me that way... And I know it... Before everyone went home... She came to me in her smock and hat... And cried as I hugged her... Then she lifted her head from my shoulders and said "you're my best friend"... "Thanks!"... And gave me a kiss on the cheek... I wanted to tell her.. I wanted to know that I wanted to be more than "just friends"... I love her but I'm too shy... And I don't know why...

IT'S A FEW YEARS LATER..

Now I sit in the pews of the church... A church that she is getting married in now... I watched her say "I do" an drive off to her new life... Married to another man... I wanted her to be mine... But she didn't see me like that... And I knew it... But before she drove away... She came to me and said "You came!... Thanks!"... And she kissed me on the cheek... I wanted to tell her... I wantd her to know that I didn't want to be "just friends"... I love her but I'm just too shy... And I don't know why...

YEARS PASSED..

I looked down at the coffin of a girl who used to be my "best friend"... At the service they read a diary entry she had wrote in her high school years... This is what it said... "I stare at him... Wishing he was mine... But he doesn't notice me like that... And I know it... I wanted to tell him... I wanted him to know... That I don't want to be "just friends"... I love him but I'm just too shy... And I don't know why... I wish he would tell me he loved me"... I wish I did too... I thought to myself and I cried...
rest in peace my Love

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

oh and doomed2darkness there are no judges just you send out a poll

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

OMFG that was soooooo sad

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

thank you

message 23: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) it was really good

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks brianna you write one

message 25: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) kk

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

hurry I want to see yours

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

.... how did you get that weird grey type by your name... mii sooooo confused

message 28: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) You were here
Then you left
You came back
Acted nice
Acted like you cared
And thats all it was
An act

Then you hurt us
Litteraly
You hurt our mom
I pulled yoo off
You push me
I fall
We back away
You kept coming secreming for revenge

Then we hid
You broke everything
Including our hearts
Then you left again

Now,
I miss you
You're gone but I wish you were here
Tp protect me
To guide me
To fight about stupied things with me
Like an older sister would

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

aah thats sow goood

message 30: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) thxs, that really happened wit me nd my older sister

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 15, 2010 11:59AM) (new)

who..... NVR mind you can messege it to me

message 32: by Alice (new)

Alice | 10 comments Am i allowed to post a poem, or am i not allowed?

message 33: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) u r allowed

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah it wont be a judging it will be a poll so no one will be impartial

message 35: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson Okay. I would like to enter the contest. I was feeling depressed yesterday so I wrote the first poem I've written in a long time. It's called "W.T.F."

What the “f”?

I sit here contemplating my mood.
Why am I feeling this way?
The sun is out and shining bright
It turned out to be a lovely day.

I want to cry for no reason at all
My eyes keep misting over
Maybe it would be better
to just let the tears fall.

I keep thinking it’s stupid to give in
So I fight with all my might
But I know it’s useless and eventually
The loneliness will win

I tell myself there are people out there
Who are worse off than me
I should be thankful for what I have
But right now I really don’t care.

So I’ll sit here and have a pity party
Let the tears fall down my face
Who knows, maybe afterward I’ll feel better
I would’ve cried yesterday, if that were the case.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I just fel a tear on my cheek

message 37: by Alice (new)

Alice | 10 comments ok heres mine

-Obsession-

Convince me that you're real
tell me that you can feel
the wind in your hair
my bewildered stare
are you just a memory?
panic makes it hard to study
your familiar eyes
but how many lies
am I going to repeat
so I don't end up in tragic defeat
a simple caress that I can't experienc
I have my perserverence
but your'e just a hallucination
diguised by my own discretion
please stay a little longer
your touch is the only obsession I hunger

message 38: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson Yeah, you're obsessed alright.

message 39: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson Wow, I just cried. I cannot believe how much that touched me. It ripped out my heart. But in life it always seems to happen just that way. Missed opportunities.
Bravo!!!!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

pwnage good job

message 41: by Alice (new)

Alice | 10 comments Thank you.....what does pwnage mean?

message 42: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson hey vampire boy, you do know that my comment was about your poem, right? The one about the best friends and the phases of their life? I wasn't sure it posted on the right one. Anyway, you are awesome!!!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

oh ok thank you and your poem made my poem look like friday the 13th

message 44: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson I know, my was sad but yours was excruciatingly melancholy. My daughter is the girl in your poem and she has a guy who loves her like that, but they are just friends. I read it to her last night and she cried. I hope it doesn't end like your poem though. I pray they will eventually get together.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

cool cool how old is your daughter

message 46: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson 22. And as of last night, the biggest fool on the planet. She's been waiting on this guy for seven months to tell her that he wants to date her and be her boyfriend. Last night he came over and she was going to give him an ultimatum. Yes or no. You know what he said? he said that because his job had him working so many hours he didn't think it would be fair to have a girlfriend but she was his unofficial girlfriend and that when he started working less hours, he would definitely date her and she would be his official. I told her that if they cut his hours, he wouldn't be able to afford to take her out. "duh". I told her that she was going to have to tell the "best friend" in person. no texting. He deserved to hear it from her own two lips. I am livid!! What an idiot!!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

thats just wow

message 48: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson yep. I just got off the phone with her. She sounds so happy that I just can't be mad anymore. I did tell her that I want to talk to him to ask his intentions. I'll know when I look into his eyes. The "best friend" is so upset, but he says that God has a plan for everything. We'll see, I guess.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool so if there are no judges I'll submit one too! -gets to writing-

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 18, 2010 08:48AM) (new)

Actually... I wrote this one Monday night, so I'll just use this one instead of writing a new one:

I'm Scared

I don't know what to do, how can you love someone who you can't see? How can you love someone so deeply that even after the hurt and pain and scars they put you under you still want to share your life with them?

I'm scared...

I don't know what do do, when will this pain end? When will the wishing to either see him or be dead stop and I'll be able to move on with my life; with or without him?

I'm scared...

I don't know what to do, who will stop the pain? Who will rescue me from the one that I hate to love every second of every day?

I'm scared...

I don't know what to do, where to go to make it go away? Where to go but into his loving arms when the arms you want to hold you, are what disgust you most in life?

I'm scared...

I don't know what to do, what will become of me if this doesn't end? What will the fragile ghost of a girl do when her life is turned upside down from this heart-wrenching, stomach churning love?

I'm scared...

I don't know what to do, why can't I think of the answer? Why can't I just break free from this prisoning cycle and become strong and indapendent instead of weak and vulnerable to attack?

I'm scared...

I don't know what to do

because I'm scared...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9