Browncoats discussion

Fun Stuff > You Know You're a Firefly Fan When...

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments So sorry for starting too many threads, just want to keep the conversation about the greatest show there ever was, going!

Found a list of "You know you watch too much Stargate SG1 when" that I put together ages ago, decided to start one for Firefly, so here we go..

You Know You're a Firefly Fan, When...

...'shiny' , 'gorram' etc are a part of your daily vocabulary

...you speak in a mix of English and Chinese

...you learned said Chinese from the show.

...you see someone wearing blue gloves, you can't resist saying "Two by Two, Hands of Blue"

...you own a Browncoat

...you call your call "Serenity"

message 2: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 216 comments Mod
You Know You're a Firefly Fan when...

...your Firefly and Serenity DVDs are completely worn out.

...you own multiple sets of the Firefly and Serenity DVDs so that you can loan them out to friends and still have a set to watch.

...you can quote entire scenes from memory at the drop of a hat - a cunning Jayne hat! :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

...you knit your own cunning hat.

...you make Kaylee's dress for a formal at your university (which I'm currently in the process of doing).

...you can write a paper for a college English class on Firefly (which I have done!).

message 4: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments ...you use Firefly as a case study in a presentation (Just did that this week. :D )

message 5: by Luann (new)

Nice additions to the list, Fata and Anastasia!!

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments ...you name your car (or gun) "Vera"

...you need to go to a Firefly convention before you die (http://www.creationent.com/cal/firefl...)

message 7: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) | 70 comments Poema (Elizabeth) wrote: "...you start singing the theme song under your breath. Take my land... Oh, what?"

Oh I used to do that so much!!

Say stuff like Shiny!!

message 8: by Darbus (new)

Darbus | 42 comments Guilty, and guilty. Guilty of the blue gloves one as well.

-You find a way to quote Firefly/Serenity following anything.
-You've taken to looking at every link posted on Whedonesque that relates to any of the Firefly/Serenity actors.

message 9: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments You quote scenes out of the show or the movie on a daily basis.

"Can't Stop the Signal" is the theme/topic of a few of your essays/assignments on journalism/citizen journalism and the power of the audience.

Someone mentions 'firefly' your first and only thought is the show, not the insect, drink, gadget, etc.

you name your kids after the crew of Serenity.

you have dinosaurs on the dashboard of your car

you've taken to playing with said dinosaurs on the dashboard of your car whilst you're at a red light/in a traffic jam.

message 10: by Aquamora (new)

Aquamora | 4 comments ...you won't even date someone unless they love Firefly or at least are willing to watch it with you

...and if they watch it with you and don't end up loving it, they get dumped.

message 11: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments Haha! I like those!

message 12: by Anne (new)

Anne (mysteryloveranne) | 32 comments ...you can proudly say you have gotten your friends addicted to the show and those friends have gotten their friends addicted.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Just wrote an entire paper making a case for River Tam's insanity and mental disorderedness.

message 14: by C.G. (new)

C.G. (samatwitch) | 29 comments Good for you, Cheryl. Any chance you could post it somewhere we could read it?

message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments Aqua wrote: "...you won't even date someone unless they love Firefly or at least are willing to watch it with you

...and if they watch it with you and don't end up loving it, they get dumped."

LOVE this :)
My boyfriend loves Firefly after I introduced him to it (back before we were together.) If he hadn't, no chance he'd still be around ;)

message 16: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments Cheryl wrote: "Just wrote an entire paper making a case for River Tam's insanity and mental disorderedness."

I'd like to read it too! Sounds interesting :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I can post it in my notes on this website. It'll be up in a few days. Waiting for the grade.

message 18: by Luann (new)

Sounds like an interesting paper, Cheryl.

message 19: by Debra (new)

Debra (learob08) | 10 comments You marry someone because they introduced you to the show. That's why my husband says he married me. :)

message 20: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments I like that. :)

message 21: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey Coletti (aubreytheauthor) | 6 comments You force your father and brother to watch the show with you because you know they'll like it and tell other people, and are even willing to wake up at 9:00 on a Sunday to do it.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll see if I still have the paper. My computer hard drive kinda died when my computer took a turn for the worst.

message 23: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Emry (djemry) | 3 comments Allons-y! wrote: "You have dinosaurs on the dashboard of your car"

I really need to do that, (Right now they are stored in my Fruity Oaty Bar lunchbox.

message 24: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments ...you name one of your children after one of the characters in the show.

I once knew a young woman who had a little girl named Kaylee. I hadn't watched Firefly yet and even after I watched it, I didn't make a connection. It wasnn't until months after that I found out that she had named her daughter after our Kaylee! By then, she was pregnant with her second child (a boy!) and wanted to name him Mal but had a close relative with the same name, so she decided not to. I guess Jayne and Hoban weren't for her.

message 25: by Sebastian (new)

Sebastian (seblee) when you give away dvd sets of firefly and serenity instead of loaning them

when your friends are surprised when they see you not wearing a firefly related t-shirt

when firefly or serenity is the only dvd that gets played your dvd player

when you're tempted to get the serenity - big damn replica on Qmx

when you have a compilation cd of firefly filk in rotation in your car

message 26: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 3 comments watched Serenity with the director comentary on, more than once.

watch Castle for the Firefly references

vow if you ever saw Nathan Fillion you would stand at
attention and say "capitan or capitan tight pants"

sing the youtube video "she don't like Firfly" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-yHSa...

message 27: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Sivils | 8 comments The words shiny, special hell and big damn heroes are part of your daily vocabulary usage.

Oh, and you reach for your weapon anytime you see someone wearing blue latex gloves!

message 28: by 8stron (new)

8stron | 1 comments When you play Heroes of Might and Magic IV and the only spell you cast is Song of Serenity.

But you cast it all the time.

message 29: by Luann (new)

... you're SOOO excited to see Alan Tudyk guest star on the Rookie! And you rewatch all the scenes Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk have together!