Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Succubus Series! I need to talk..*SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 138 comments I read that last two books in this series yesterday. Now today, I am so DEPRESSED! I know that the characters aren't real, yet my feelings for them are real.

Have any of you read these books?Succubus Dreams and Succubus Heat

Did anyone else have such a strong reaction?

I know that there are alot of Seth haters, but I'm not one of them. I want Georgiana & Seth together. And I hate the fact that now, Seth is engaged to marry Maddie.

We all knew that to make the story fit in 6 books, Seth and Georgiana would have to split. And it was very obvious that Seth would end up with Maddie. Maddie was the only person that would really hurt Georgianna to see Seth with. I know that.

And I know that in one of the books, Georgianna would lose her succubus powers making it possible for Seth and her to finally have sex. But what I hated about that is why did they never spend the whole night together? And why would Seth all of a sudden have a "dark" spot on his soul? I mean, he cheated on Georginna with Maddie.

I know that I am rambling, but!!!!

I need some support from my fellow Goodreads Paranormal Romance friends. PLEASE!

Tell me your thoughts, and your feelings about the succubus books so far. I know that book 5 comes out March 30th. So, tell where do you think this series is going, and what the end will look like.

message 2: by Christie (new)

Christie (cibarra) I guess I didn't look at it as Seth having cheated on Georgina with Maddie. Didn't they have a big fight prior and break up? Not that it matters you never ever date your ex girlfriend's friend. I feel horrible for Maddie. She's the only innocent one in the scenario. Seth and Georgina didn’t even think twice about hopping in the sack once her succubus powers were gone. I've never been a Seth fan. I like Carter who it seems impossible could end up with Georgina. Next favorite would be Roman.

As for Seth’s dark spot I think it’s because he was always so good and is feeling even guiltier than what the average person would over his indiscretions. I think he’ll have to confess his sins to Maddie at some point. If that happens things are going to get ugly for Georgina.

I have no idea where Richelle Mead is going with all this but I'm excited to see.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ yes....i love this series!! u r just lucky ur wait for the next book is not very long!! It is sooooo emotional. I love that Richelle Mead "goes there"....i mean one of the worse things a guy can do when u first break up or have a fight is go and have sex with someone else....and then STAY in a relationship with that person....ugh.

Then after Seth/Georgina do get to be together...he asks Maddie to marry him??!!

Personally, i dont put it past Richelle Mead to have Seth/Maddie get married or atleast....almost.

Leslie (and anyone else) come on over to amazon discussions....u will see a lot of us share ur pain..lol :D

message 4: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (nwgrrl) | 55 comments Leslie, I know exactly what you're talking about - I was SO frustrated after the last Succubus book! It was one of the first books I've ever been that attached to the characters. Richelle Mead is so good about getting you completely emotionally invested in her characters.

I always liked Seth, although another, older thread on this very subject did make me see his role in the relationship a little differently. I got the impression that he got together with Maddie as a way to try to move on and have a "normal" life, and I understood it, even though my heart broke for Georgina. I'm glad they finally got to experience sex together, because it is the one thing they could never have. Granted, someone should have told Maddie at some point that they were involved - did anyone else think that was pretty clueless on her part, to not ever notice the major chemistry between Seth and Georgina? Or that one of Seth's family members wouldn't have ever let it slip to Maddie once she and Seth did start dating?

I don't see Seth and Maddie lasting. He is her first big love, and she's way more into him than he is with her. He only asked her to marry him to make up for cheating on her, and when she finds THAT out (and, most likely, about Georgina, in some way), she'll be done with him permanently. She deserves someone who falls madly in love with her - and with some more self-confidence, she'll find it.

I also think Seth and Georgina finally being able to consummate their relationship will give both of them closure to move on. I don't see Seth being the guy for her, even though I think they will always be fond of each other. I see Georgina with either Roman or Carter - someone from the immortal world who understands it more than Seth ever could. And I am DYING to find out what happens next.

message 5: by Breedmate77 (new)

Breedmate77 | 7 comments i love this series as well! i cried my eyeballs out when i was reading the last book. i still love seth but he makes me mad. of all people,why maddie? yes,it was a hard relationship,but they love each other very much. i def. see her and seth together in the end,but of course there as to be big bumps in the road. remember,the dream she had of her having a baby? i can't wait to see what happens w/ that. i also like roman,but theyre to much alike. i love mead and all her books have me totally invested.
s.young: is there a discussion on the succubus series on amazon that i dont know about?

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ @Breedmate....here is one of them and u can go down to the end of it and see other discussions. Richelle Mead has her own community but most of the discussions are on the book pages past the reviews...

http://www.amazon.com/Seth-dead-me-SP...

and....i agree w/u....even about Roman :D

message 7: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 138 comments Thanks you guys. Believe it or not, I feel so much better after reading your posts. SMILE

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! It was so good to hear that someone else cried. I know that sounds strange... but it really did make me feel better.

I can't wait till March 30th!

message 8: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) I haven't read any of these post yet. I am working on the last book, so no spoilers for me. I will say that Succubus Dreams really pissed me off!!! I wasn't so upset about Seth's cheating, (considering the circumstances) But Jeez, he got all drastic.

message 9: by Shannon (last edited Feb 15, 2010 07:40AM) (new)

Shannon C. | 69 comments I'm a happy ending gal. I stopped reading the series after Seth cheated with Georgina's friend and then got engaged to her. I was so, so upset. I've continued to scan the reviews of later books to see if poor Georgina will ever get her HEA. I might go back and read the last book if she does.

Probably would skip the book when Georgina and Seth sleep together while he's still with Maggie. I am disappointed with Georgina that she's still pining for that jerk.

message 10: by ~~~Heather S.~~~ (new)

~~~Heather S.~~~ (heather796) | 505 comments Oh, I absolutely love this series, Richelle Mead is awesome! I was really upset about Seth asking Maddie to marry him, he's only feeling guilty for cheating and he's not even that into her. I thought it was funny that he gave her a diamond though after telling Georgina that diamonds are ordinary.

But I gotta tell ya, I don't think she belongs with Seth at all, if you look at their relationship there's a lot that just doesn't work. He can't handle her succubus job and she can't change that, he's too introverted, she can't handle him ignoring her to write, they don't enjoy the same things, they can't have a normal adult relationship, I think he treated her like a whore (maybe a strong word but he really pissed me off!) when they were able to finally sleep together and afterward he rushed off to Maddie and didn't spend the night with her.

I see her heading into a great relationship with Roman and I think her dream is going to come true. I also had another theory, what if Seth and Georgina have the daughter in her dream (but Roman was the guy in the dream), they always say no matter what happens they feel we are meant to be in each others lives, what's the way to be in someone's life forever but not be with them, as parents!! I think Richelle Mead's telling us relationships can't be forced and even though you love someone it doesn't always mean you should be together.

Did you guys read this on Amazon for the next book, I can't wait:

Helping to plan her ex-boyfriend's wedding is a different story. Georgina isn't sure which is worse--that Seth is marrying another woman, or that Georgina has to run all over Seattle trying on bridesmaid dresses. Still, there are distractions. Georgina's roommate, Roman, is cluttering her apartment with sexual tension. Then there's Simone, the new succubus in town, who's intent on corrupting Seth.

But the real danger lies in the mysterious force that's visiting her thoughts, trying to draw her into a dark, otherworldly realm. Sooner or later, Georgina knows she'll be too weak to resist. And when that happens, she'll discover who she can trust, who she can't--and that Hell is far from the worst place to spend eternity.

Sorry to rant, but this series makes me really emotional and I love these characters!!

message 11: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 138 comments Heather wrote: "Oh, I absolutely love this series, Richelle Mead is awesome! I was really upset about Seth asking Maddie to marry him, he's only feeling guilty for cheating and he's not even that into her. I tho..."

Heather, I totally agree with your ideas. I really hated that Seth and Georgina never spent the night, sleeping, after they had sex.

You might be right about Roman being her dream man. Which I am fine with. I just don't want Maddie and Seth to end up together.

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 138 comments S.Young wrote: "@Breedmate....here is one of them and u can go down to the end of it and see other discussions. Richelle Mead has her own community but most of the discussions are on the book pages past the revie..."

S. Young, thank you so much for the information about amazon. Well, I went to amazon.com/succubusshadows and they have a feature where you can look inside the book. I choose the "surprise me" button. Well, I can't believe how much info I was able to read. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I think you are all going to love the next book!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Remember all the talk about Georgie's contract? I have a theory. That was not just a throwaway plot, I think it is still in play.

I have always thought that Seth was the reincarnation of Georgie's mortal husband. I also think that that is what is going to break Georgie's contract, and allow her to be mortal again. It was a part of the contract that no one recognize her, no one know who she is. Well, what if Seth IS her husband, and a part of what has always drawn them together is that his soul recognizes Georgie's soul?

Carter has said that Georgie makes the same mistakes, over and over. They have made a point of talking about several men over the centuries that she has become close to- Etienne, the guy in the brothel, the priest during the plague times. I think her husband keeps being reincarnated, time after time, and time after time, Georgie finds him, but she never chooses to try to really be with him, succubus powers be damned. I think the day she does that, and the day Seth realizes who she really is, "remembers" her, Georgie's contract will be broken. I also think Carter knows all this.

message 14: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (nwgrrl) | 55 comments Wow! That is such a fascinating theory, Diremommy! I wondered how the contract thing was going to fit into the story...your theory would also explain the jewelry design Seth picked for her.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, there were lots of little things that made me come to the conclusion I came to, that was just one of them.

Of course, for all those people out there who are thoroughly pissed at Seth, I don't think that ending will make them happy. After he went to Maddie, too many people don't want Seth and Georgie to end up together.

I like Roman, and I wouldn't be upset at all if he ended up being her HEA, but, I dunno, I just think Seth is meant to be. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just the vibe I'm getting.

message 16: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) I'm involved with the 4th book right now, so I'm not reading these post yet. But this and the last book are really PISSING me off, and why do I keep reading ,you ask....I can't put the damn thing down!!!!

message 17: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (nwgrrl) | 55 comments Hahaha! Rhonda, that's how I feel when I'm reading this series. Frustrated, but too involved to stop. This is one of the few series that I think I could almost recognize the characters if I saw them somewhere - that's how real they seem to me! :)

message 18: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Yea Chelle, and I can't wait for the the next book coming in march. You read the Dark Swan series by Mead yet?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

This is just one of those series that, even when it is making you mad, sucks you in and gets you so involved with all the characters that you just can't put it down.

message 20: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (nwgrrl) | 55 comments Rhonda - I did, I read them both recently. I liked the first one okay, but LOVED the second one.

I think the reason PNR is my favorite genre is because the women tend to be so strong and confident (while still remaining very feminine). Plus, all the magic just adds some cool twists to the old human-boy-meets-human-girl thing. It is so much more fun to read!

message 21: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Chelle wrote: "Rhonda - I did, I read them both recently. I liked the first one okay, but LOVED the second one.

I think the reason PNR is my favorite genre is because the women tend to be so strong and confiden..."

I agree!!!

message 22: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments Okay, So I loved the Succubus Series, as well as all of Richelle Mead's books!
I was unsure of what was going to happen in the book, but I found that Seth who was super great guy in the previous 3 books, I found that he turned into a typical guy once sex with Georgina happen. He just wanted it where and whenever he could get it with no regard for Maddie. Now that being said I do not think that Georgina and Seth are going to end up together( I know some of you are now saying bad things about me.LOL), I think the she is going to end up with Carter! I know he is an angel and all that good stuff, but I think that there is some great amazing story that is going to surprise us in the end.
Now I have started the countdown for the next book on March 30. I can not wait.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Leslie wrote: "S.Young wrote: "@Breedmate....here is one of them and u can go down to the end of it and see other discussions. Richelle Mead has her own community but most of the discussions are on the book page..."

Leslie....i went there too but idk if i should have..?? then again, with what is going on in the book...hard to know what is real or not esp. with the few pages u can read :D

message 24: by ~~~Heather S.~~~ (new)

~~~Heather S.~~~ (heather796) | 505 comments S.Young wrote: "Leslie wrote: "S.Young wrote: "@Breedmate....here is one of them and u can go down to the end of it and see other discussions. Richelle Mead has her own community but most of the discussions are o..."

Leslie and S.Young- I kept clicking the surprise me button and the arrows and got up to page 200 something. I didn't find out much because it was just fragments and it went from page 76 to 200 and then I stopped because I didn't want to ruin it. Interesting stuff, can't wait for March 30th!!

message 25: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 138 comments Rhonda wrote: "I'm involved with the 4th book right now, so I'm not reading these post yet. But this and the last book are really PISSING me off, and why do I keep reading ,you ask....I can't put the damn thing d..."

Rhonda, You really hit the nail on the head. I hate it.....BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!!

message 26: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 138 comments Heather wrote: "S.Young wrote: "Leslie wrote: "S.Young wrote: "@Breedmate....here is one of them and u can go down to the end of it and see other discussions. Richelle Mead has her own community but most of the d..."

I still don't think that I ruined it for myself. I was so upset about Seth. For some reason, his charater reminds me a little bit of my husband, yeah, tell me about it. (without the cheating....)

Anyhoo.....I used the feature on Amazon look inside, and if you type in diffrent words, like Seth or Maddie, it will show you different sentences where the words are tagged. You will not always be able to see the page, but it allows you to read the context in which the tagged word is used.
So now, I feel like I kinda know what is going on. But not enough to make me not buy and read the next book as soon as it is out. MARCH 30th