The Gateroom discussion

General Chat > The group

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
What do you want from this group?

Discuss books, the show, role play, post fiction, write fiction? Post suggestions and thoughts here.

message 2: by Anastasia (new)

So I've fiddled with a few things, re-arranged a few topics and added more folders. There's now a "TV Series" folder where we can discuss anything about the TV shows, characters, storylines, actors, and so on. Feel free to start threads and get more activity going. and let me know what else we need.

Bjorn-The Last Viking Cool, thanks.

message 4: by Anastasia (last edited Feb 27, 2011 02:54AM) (new)

Activity levels seem to have gone down, we need to kick things up a notch, need more members too... but what would you like discussed in here? related to Stargate that is.

I'm open to allowing fiction in here as well. Maybe we can even write our own? come up with a plot, and come together to write it as a group.. Sort of like a role playing game, but not quite (as there's a Stargate RP group out there already) as we'd keep it to original/canon series characters only, perhaps. What about something like fan fic challenges? Something similar to what StargateFan used to do: http://stargatefan.com/fiction/index2...

Bjorn-The Last Viking It's a shame that they took stargate off hulu...Now I can only watch it on netflix. But, I think its a grate idea!

message 6: by Anastasia (new)

Hulu took it off? Why? not enough ratings/interest?

Bjorn-The Last Viking No idea why......

message 8: by Bjorn-The Last Viking (last edited Apr 07, 2011 03:40PM) (new)

Bjorn-The Last Viking zomg! The Other Guys!!! Hilarious episode!

sg1 season 6 episode 8!

message 9: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments zomg, bo?? thats a little bordering on gay, dont ya think? ;) haha

Bjorn-The Last Viking zOMG is a varient of the all-too-popular acronym "OMG", meaning "Oh My God".

The "z" was originally a mistake while attempting to hit the shift key with the left hand, and type "OMG"

Also used in all-caps, 'ZOMG' is generally used in a sarcastic manner, more often than not a humiliating fasion. It is also used as a device for stating the obvious.

Bjorn-The Last Viking copy and pasted lol. :P

message 12: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments of course it is. you're not capable of writing something of that caliber. ;)

its still weird

Bjorn-The Last Viking WEll, obviously.

Bjorn-The Last Viking I really wish we had more "mini" jack. season 7 ep 3 fragile balance.

message 15: by Kayla (new)

Kayla THEY JUST KILLED BECKETT!!!! *wails* Nooo!!!!

Sorry. What were we saying? Yes, I wish we had more.

message 16: by Anastasia (new)

Yum-Yum the Warrior wrote: "THEY JUST KILLED BECKETT!!!! *wails* Nooo!!!!

Sorry. What were we saying? Yes, I wish we had more."

*cough* spoilers... :p yeah that sort of came out of nowhere... No?

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Oh, sorry. I was terribly sad yesterday.