Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive (general & ongoing) > Love is in the air!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments It is Valentine's Day! So what did you do to celebrate? Was it breakfast in bed? Perhaps roses and champagne are more you speed? Or did you hide at home?

Come on folks, lets hear it!
(and just so you know, with all of you romance readers, I expect to hear something romantic and inventive)

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments As for me, I am still in bed. (Have I mentioned lately how I love my laptop?) We'll just have to see how this day plays out. I'm certainly enjoying it so far. :)

message 3: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB My husband woke me up this morning by rubbing my back. I thought that was sweet of him ;)

message 4: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette Both hubby and I totally forgot it was Valentine's Day till much later in the day. We seem to forget things like this - last year we forgot our wedding anniversary till Mom-in-law phoned to congratulate us :) We are baaaaaaad!

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (lovingmyhusbandandmybooks) | 86 comments Well this year my husband and I are stationed in Germany. we woke up early (early for me at least!) and went out to the American Mall they have out here (it's a giant Px but they have a book store.. I will get to that later lol) so we spent the first 6 hours shopping. We finally made it to the book store because one of my favorite authors wrote a book last month and I missed it. After ten minutes of looking for it and cussing the store for how much they suck for not having my book I finally found it lol. So they still suck but not as bad. After all this we grabbed some food, nothing magical there sorry lol. drove back to our post where I continued to shop some more.. Yes I love to shop lol. After a stop by the library.. again books lol, we came home had some wine (he had beer bleh) and invited another couple over for a romantic movie and some wine/beer, it was nice and cozy then we parted ways. The rest of the night is fuzzy I had about 5 glasses of wine and usually 1 is my limit :)

message 6: by Purple (new)

Purple (purpletan) | 1221 comments Wow, mine wasn't romantic at all. My husband sent me flowers via fedex to my office friday before V-day. He works overseas. Only I was on leave then attending to my grandmothers funeral, so I end up dropping by the office to get it. Come V-day, I was asleep whole day needing to recuperate from sleep-deprivation due to overnight vigils on grandmas funeral. And thats about it.

message 7: by Mel W (new)

Mel W (melw) | 981 comments Not romantic here either. My husband flew out to Australia on a business trip early that morning. We wished each other Happy Valentine's Day as I was driving him to airline car pick-up point at 7.15am :)

I did cook him one of his favourite meals (lasagne - the reason he married me apparently :D) for dinner the Thursday night before Valentine's Day though.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments Overall I would call my V-day a success.

My boys were at a friend's house the night before for the misnamed 'sleepover'. My boys should just say they are going to an all night gaming session. They take the PS3 and an extra TV or one of the computers or D&D books and get back about five AM. In the state of Ohio, 16 YO's cannot drive without a parent or guardian in the car between Midnight and five AM. Anyway, this woke me up as it's about when I normally get up regardless.

Spent a couple of hours in bed. Got up and made breakfast for my wife. Spent a couple of more hours in bed. Finished reading a book to my valentine. Got up and started lunch. Decided the kids had slept long enough (5-6 hours). Had a family lunch. Played Rock Band as a family for an hour or so. Went shopping with my wife (bookstore, clothing store, underwear store (there's a huge Vicki's near us), shoe store, Kinkos (had some printing to be done)). Picked up pizza and salads for dinner. Had a great conversation about the reality and perception of desire. Also talked about how feelings change over time. Turned on the Olympics and read our own books for a couple of hours while enjoying a couple of drinks. And finally, spent a few hours in bed before calling it a day.

Best V-day ever? No. But then again, it sure beat the average day by a mile.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.