Up and Coming Authors discussion

FEBRUARY DISCUSSIONS > MEGAN'S WAY - SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sherylmarasi) | 150 comments Mod
Discuss Megan's Way here

message 2: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 2 comments Megan's Way should have been a story about a teenage girl's process of coping with her mother's end-of-life decisions and subsequent death. I made it through half of the book believing I would recommend this to teenage girls who cope with hard family issues...Olivia and Megan had a wonderful closeness, but were also shown to have their typical mother-daughter issues. This, to me, would have made it a great emotional journey

Instead it was a story of deceipt, torn love affairs(albeit not terribly scandalous), and secrets between friends. It felt like Melissa Foster included these things to add value to her novel, but I felt the main story had enough merit on it's own. The plot twists disappointed me. **SPOILER**I really didn't like the baby swap, SIDS, or Holly and Peter having sex

I enjoyed the main plot (Megan, Olivia, and "Olivia's dad"). If there had been more character development and improvement in dialogue (and didn't include the plot twists of the last 100 pgs or so) I would have given it a 4 or 5 star rating.

I would also recommend this as a young adult novel rather than chicklit.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 6 comments Thanks for the interesting feedback, Julianne. I am always interested in different views about the characters and the story line.

Thanks for reading!