The Gateroom discussion

Stargate Onscreen (Movies + TV) > Favorite Stargate SG1/SGA/SGU characters

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
Chat about your favourite Stargate characters, and why?

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 4 comments In SGA, John, Elizabeth, Todd, and Rodney, because they rock. :)

Bjorn-The Last Viking In Sg1, I am going to have to go with Gen.Jack O'Neill, and Danial Jackson.

message 4: by Beth - ;) (new)

Beth - ;) (trekkerbeth) | 28 comments SG-1, Jack - of course :) - Sam and Daniel

Atlantis, Sheppard, Rodney

SGU, none of them

Bjorn-The Last Viking lol, I haven't watched SGU. :( I can't find it.

message 6: by Beth - ;) (new)

Beth - ;) (trekkerbeth) | 28 comments Where do you live? Sci-fi airs it in the U.S. on Tuesdays and Space channel here in Canada on Fridays. I think it airs on Fridays as well in the U.K. but do not know what channel there.

Bjorn-The Last Viking I live in IL, USA.

message 8: by Anastasia (new)

SG1 - Daniel and Jack. (wrote a narrative essay that looks into their relationship in the movie)
SGA - haven't seen yet. (will watch when i have my epic Stargate marathon to watch all series in order)
SGU - haven't seen yet.

they have SGU on SyFy channel in US.

Jessica ❀Sparky❀ | 4 comments I haven't seen any SGU either.

Bjorn-The Last Viking yay! someone else who hasn't seen it. :D

message 11: by Anastasia (new)

Interesting, that's three people who haven't seen SGU yet. Their ratings haven't been stellar and there's talk that it's because the fans are punishing them for canceling Stargate Atlantis.

message 12: by Cat (new)

Cat (dodger_thirteen) SG-1: Dr. Daniel Jackson and Cameron Mitchell

SGA: John Sheppard

SGU: Eli, and he's the only one I care about. The rest of them can just...go away.

message 13: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments i've only seen SG1. but hands down Daniel Jackson!!! he's brainy, nice, intelligent, strong, and not at all bad looking either... XD

message 14: by Anastasia (new)

And Michael Shanks just turned 40! ;-)

message 15: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments whoa no way!

message 16: by Anastasia (new)

yep. Born December 15th, 1970.

message 17: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments *whistles* i had no idea

message 18: by Anastasia (new)

I know the feeling. ;-) I felt the same way when I found out Pauley Perrette (Abby Sciuto from NCIS) was 40.

message 19: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments that-that-that.... that just seems impossible!!

message 20: by Anastasia (new)

it's true. Pauley was actually born in '69 so that makes her 41 now. Michael Shanks was in his late 20s when he started playing Daniel Jackson on SG1.

Bjorn-The Last Viking wow, that's scary. I wonder how old the rest of them are.....

message 22: by Anastasia (new)

well RDA is 60 now, so he was in his late 40s when Stargate SG1 first aired. Amanda Tapping is 45 now, so that makes her in her early 30s when the show first aired. Christopher Judge is 46. Ben Browder is 48, Claudia Black is 38, Don S Davis died about two years ago when he was 65. So yeah, Michael Shanks was the youngest one of the cast.

message 23: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments i looked him up last night and he was definitely better looking back then XD

message 25: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments you know it too lolz

message 26: by Anastasia (new)

ilaria wrote: "i looked him up last night and he was definitely better looking back then XD"

yeah, i saw him on an SNL Macgrubber sketch and was like "whoa! RDA really let himself go since he stopped doing SG1"

message 27: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments lolz yeah no kidding!!! :P

Bjorn-The Last Viking What does he look like. I haven't seen him.

Bjorn-The Last Viking He looks like he has been enjoying his "secret" ingredient omelet. The one that involves beer.

message 31: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments wha?? you confuse me, know that?

Bjorn-The Last Viking Its in Citizen Joe. O'Neill is making a secret ingredient omelet.

Bjorn-The Last Viking http://www.hulu.com/watch/102159/star...

Here is the link, it happens in the beginning. just so you know.

message 34: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments ty :) BEER!!!!

message 35: by Anastasia (new)

I have to say, I love Vala, especially her interaction with Daniel. I'm up to season 9 in my SG marathon, the first 5 episodes were brilliant, purely due to the Daniel/Vala scenes

Bjorn-The Last Viking Vala is funny. I agree. I just restarted the series on Netflix. Im currently at season 1 episode 3. :P

message 37: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I absolutely love Vala. I think I laughed more in her first few episodes than I did with the rest of the seasons combined. I also love a few of the male characters, purely for attraction reasons. :)

message 38: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments Yum-Yum the Warrior wrote: "I absolutely love Vala. I think I laughed more in her first few episodes than I did with the rest of the seasons combined. I also love a few of the male characters, purely for attraction reasons. :)"

wow im not the only one..... hahaha

message 39: by Kayla (new)

Kayla About which thing? :P

message 40: by Anastasia (new)

Haha! Vala is brilliant! I loved all the eps she was in. Prometheus Unbound is easily one of my favourites. Loved her "limited gene pool" comment about Daniel and Mitchell looking similar. the bracelets arc was good fun too.

message 41: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Yes, I loved the limited gene pool as well. And in the bracelets one the way he woke up, turned around and she sounded so freaking happy when she asked, "miss me?"

Bjorn-The Last Viking Yeah. People have made music videos about lines like that. Its strange.

message 43: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I haven't seen any. Wow! That's kind of hilarious to think about... XD

Bjorn-The Last Viking It it. I unfortunately saw one about teal'c and his "indeed"

message 45: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Oh dear.

Bjorn-The Last Viking Very.