Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Faeries and Fallen Angels recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K. (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 24 comments I'm starting to reeeally take an interest in them after reading BDB, Covet, and Desire Unchained. I thought I saw a board on here for that but I can't seem to find it....
So, could any of you lovely ladies and gentlemen recommend some good books with two of the above? =)

message 2: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 177 comments Fairies? I'd suggest the following books...

Elaine Corvidae - Shadow Fae Trilogy

Danielle Ackley McPhail - The Eternal Cycle Series

Both of those are available from Mundania (print and e-book), and both authors are also in the Bad-Ass Fairies anthologies from the same publisher.

My own fairies book is Fairy Dreams (also from Mundania).

Faery Magic anthology by Mary Jo Putney, Jo Beverly, Barbara Samuel and Karen Harbaugh...one of my FAVORITES! That is a NY print one.

There are hints of fairies in To Tame a Wild Heart by Tracy Fobes...NY print.

A REAL FAVE! The Vassal of El by Gloria Oliver (PG-13 safe, fantasy...hint of romance but no realized romance) from Zumaya

Hope this helps.
Brenna

message 3: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 177 comments Oh...the Vassal of El are angel-like not fairies.

message 4: by K. (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 24 comments Brenna wrote: "Fairies? I'd suggest the following books...

Elaine Corvidae - Shadow Fae Trilogy

Danielle Ackley McPhail - The Eternal Cycle Series

Both of those are available from Mundania (print and e-book),..."

Hey thanks for those! Gonna check them out!

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat | 12 comments try the fever series by karen marie moning
or angel's blood by nalini singh

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. | 69 comments Here are my favs:

Tairen Soul series by CL Wilson - Mostly focused on the Fey but also includes elves, mages, tairens and more. It's a fantastic fantasy romance series.

Little Goddess series by Amy Lane - Written by a new author, this series is a real find. It's focused on the Fae, vampires, shapeshifters and magic users. Some of the best character development I've read recently. It's heartwrenching at times but Cory ends up with happiness. If the printed books are too pricey, I found ebooks for $6 from www.iuniverse.com.

Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh - A terrific new series, the books focus on angels, vampires and hunters. It's similiar to the Night Huntress books by Frost in the way that it follows Elena/Raphael across multiple books. It's darker than her Psy/Changeling series, more like Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Highlander series by Karen Moning - Traditional time travel/Scotland romance that also includes the Fae. Her urban fantasy Fever series is also very good.

For more romance books with the Fae, check this list:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/sylt...

message 7: by Lesley22 (new)

Lesley22 | 2 comments Here's one about Fallen angels.. i give it about a 3 or 4 out of 5...

Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith....

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 134 comments I'd highly recommend the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Also if you like YA, you should try Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater or Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.

message 9: by Mhollie (new)

message 10: by FlibBityFLooB (last edited Mar 06, 2010 09:35PM) (new)

FlibBityFLooB The Succubus (Georgina Kincaid) series by Richelle Mead has an interesting take on fallen angels :)

And I also vote for the FEVER series by Moning...

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Succubus On Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3) by Richelle Mead Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4) by Richelle Mead Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) by Richelle Mead Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning

message 11: by Alice (new)

Alice (thegoodqueen) | 131 comments FlibBityFLooB wrote: "The Succubus (Georgina Kincaid) series by Richelle Mead has an interesting take on fallen angels :)

And I also vote for the FEVER series by Moning...

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead [bookco..."

i think Succubus is my next series..Fever is a definite READ..i've reccomended FEVER to some friends looking for a kinda Sookie essence & they all fell in love/lust for Mac/Jericho