Percy Jackson Rockin' Lovers discussion

Movie! > Movie Review ***SPOILER ALERT***

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dogluver (last edited Feb 16, 2010 07:07PM) (new)

Dogluver Alright, so they left out way too much for my liking. Chris Colombus strayed way too far from the original storyline and some of it was just downright confusing. The CHB cabins were undistinguished tents and the Big House and Oracle weren't in it at all. It left out Clarisse, Ares, and Cerberus, which I thought were pretty big elements in the overall plot. The screenwriter completely left out the toilet scene, Nancy Bobofit, and any mention of Thalia/her tree. Now, I knew that it wasn't going to follow the book exactly, but I at least thought that it would use the book as a guide.

message 2: by Alex , "Dance you guys! You look stupid just standing there!" -Thalia (new)

Alex  | 2536 comments Mod
Yeah I know. I mean.. we all knew it wasn't going to be like the book. But not THAT much not like it.......
I REALLY wanted Clarisse in the movie!!
Andd.... I kinda think Annabeth took a place of her. I mean.. Annabeth was NOT how I imagined her in the movie.
Andd... they made Hades the bad guy! But really it wasn't him!

message 3: by Dogluver (new)

Dogluver OMG, I know! I really liked Persephone, though. She was AMAZING, but that whole 'hitting on Grover' thing was really, really weird.

message 4: by Alex , "Dance you guys! You look stupid just standing there!" -Thalia (new)

HAHAHHA!!! That part was really funny!

message 5: by Dogluver (new)

Dogluver Yeah, but also kinda strange. Oh, and I imagined the hellhounds to be bigger. I mean, how are they going to do Mrs. O'Leary???

message 6: by Diana, or, Mrs. Annabeth Jackson (new)

Diana | 213 comments Mod
I thought the hellhounds were pretty good. They were scary.

message 7: by Tara (new)

Tara | 328 comments I thought they should've been bigger. But yes, they did change way too much. Like, the pearls? really? And although I knew that they'd be leaving the gateway arch in st louis scene out... it made me said because that's one of my favorite parts. :(

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) Dogluver wrote: "Alright, so they left out way too much for my liking. Chris Colombus strayed way too far from the original storyline and some of it was just downright confusing. The CHB cabins were undistinguise..."

yeah

message 9: by Diana, or, Mrs. Annabeth Jackson (new)

Diana | 213 comments Mod
Tara wrote: "I thought they should've been bigger. But yes, they did change way too much. Like, the pearls? really? And although I knew that they'd be leaving the gateway arch in st louis scene out... it made m..."

Yeah that was my favorite part! :'(

message 10: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) I miss the bus exploding. :((

message 11: by Alex , "Dance you guys! You look stupid just standing there!" -Thalia (new)

Me too!!!!

message 12: by Sean (new)

Sean | 2 comments It was pretty bad. *BArfs on threAd*

message 13: by Diana, or, Mrs. Annabeth Jackson (new)

Diana | 213 comments Mod
Hey I thought it was pretty good. I was mad at all the differences, but there's that thing I always quote all the time("Let the books be the books and the movie be the movie and try not to get too worked up about any differences,"-Rick Riordan), and I think that they did a good job with things like the swordfighting and the water & lightning effects. I thought that their interpretation of Camp Half-Blood was cool, and I'm glad that this movie will probably make more people read the books.

message 14: by Alex , "Dance you guys! You look stupid just standing there!" -Thalia (new)

Yeah! Nicely said Diana!

message 15: by Diana, or, Mrs. Annabeth Jackson (new)

Diana | 213 comments Mod
Lol thanks. I have somehow become a large supporter of the movie. I guess I thought it was kinda bad, but I didn't think that it deserved all the negativity (then they might not make a second movie, a chance to redeem themselves). And really, Logan is HOT!

message 16: by Dogluver (new)

Dogluver Lol, totally!!!!

message 17: by Alex , "Dance you guys! You look stupid just standing there!" -Thalia (new)

YES!! Logan was AMAZING!!

message 18: by Samie (new)

Samie Foster | 3 comments I'm not surprised to see a whole thread about how the movie doesn't follow the book. I saw it and as a fan found my self disappointed and I know I'm not alone. They butchered the entire story. I feel that that the director only made it to suck in fans like us. The same thing they do with the harry potter and twilight movies.

http://www.freewebs.com/lelue/

message 19: by Dogluver (new)

Dogluver Harry Potter wasn't horrible though and neither was PJO. The only HUGE thing wrong with this movie was the fact that it didn't follow the book. Like at all. Otherwise, if it had not been a book, it would be perceived differently- as a good movie with lots of action. Only fans of the book have a problem with it, and I'm not saying that that's bad, but we just have to be understanding of the thoughts of everyone who worked on the movie.

message 20: by Swimmer (new)

Swimmer (backstroke) | 10 comments they also didn't know that percy was the son of Poseidon and that percy got a sheild with the bolt in it. If I hadn't read the book that would have been my fav. movie.