YA and KidLit to Film discussion

Narnia: Dawn Treader [2010]

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So, I LOVE, LOVE the Narnia movies. In my opinion they do the books so much justice and then some. So, I've been pining for some Narnia info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/

Also, you can find it here at http://www.narniafans.com/

.....thoughts?

message 2: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 14 comments Hey, that's exciting! (Sorry for the late response. I'm just getting some time to catch up in groups.) I didn't enjoy the Prince Caspian movie nearly as much as The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, but I'm still very excited that they are continuing with the series.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 6 comments Even later response...this is great news! My husband told me he'd heard that they'd killed the franchise because Caspian hadn't done as well as expected. Glad to find out he was misinformed! This is my second-favorite Narnia book, after Magician's Nephew.

message 4: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) | 17 comments I liked the first movie, but I still feel that they changed some of the details. BUT I still feel it was closer than some of the other books they've turned into movies lately...
I need to watch Prince Caspian and see how it was..

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Well there WAS a link to the quite awesome movie poster but I can't seem to find it now. Anyway, this picture was taken by my BF, it's only the bottom: http://twitpic.com/1nzwq9

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Vanessa, I also heard/assumed that the series was done after Caspian.

message 7: by Kimberleigh (new)

Kimberleigh | 2 comments I heard somewhere that the plan is to make ALL the Narnia books into movies. If they do, it'll be exciting to see The Last Battle on the big screen. That would be awesome. And I think that Prince Caspian was better than The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Something about the first one was more of a miss for me.

message 8: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 19 comments I liked the first movie and thought the second was ok. I would still like to see a new one come out.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't imagine them making all of the movies, can you? It seemed that the $$ plummetted after LWW to PC, I'm actually suprised they went ahead and made this film. I thinking it's mostly b/c of the 3D craze.

Not only that but it has been years since PC came out, if they were to make all the films, they're going to have to pic up the pace a bit!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

It looks fantastic, glad to see Susan and Peter at the end there.

message 12: by Kimberleigh (new)

Kimberleigh | 2 comments awesome! The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is my favorite book in the series, so I hope they do it justice

message 13: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 14 comments Awesome trailer!! Makes me want to see the movie NOW!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a travesty that I haven't seen Dawn Treader yet. I'm hoping I will over the next few days.

Anyone have a review?

message 15: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 19 comments I agree Jillian it really is a shame that I have not seen Dawn Trader yet. I really enjoy the series and bet I would enjoy the movie as well.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Finally saw it. Excellent, excellent movie. As always with this set of films I feel like the movies are slightly better than their already fantastic book counterparts.

SPOILERS...

This may be my lack of religiousness asking a basic unansweralbe question but...at the end Reep wants to cross into "Aslan's country" and Aslan's finds him worthy to go, obviously, as Reep is of noble heart. But, my question is...how could Aslan ALLOW him to go? That decreased my opinion of the leader we should be all-trusting of because, isn't that just wasting Reep's future potential?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Just bought the Blu-Ray and watched the movie. I forgot how much I loved it, and the series as a whole. By the end, when Eustace was narrating, had me bawling my eyes out!

Fantastic, fantastic movie. Can't say enough about it.

message 18: by Sara (new)

Sara | 7 comments I really liked The Dawn Treador! It's my favourite Narnia movie yet!

message 19: by Sara (new)

Sara | 7 comments Treader

message 20: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Jorgensen (sunnie) | 25 comments Does anyone know if they are making more Narnia movies?

message 21: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 6 comments They are, but are hopping straight to Magician's Nephew.